NOW Obama supporters are asking..my SS withholding’s in my paycheck just went up?

I think my thread WENT way over the heads of some Obamatrons!

The point is Obama PROMISED! PLEDGED Not to raise payroll taxes!

HE MADE A PROMISE EITHER he knew or didn't know he could NOT KEEP!

But the stark bleak facts that 77% of Americans are seeing LESS in their paychecks due to paying 6.2% SS withholding is reality.
And all you Obamatrons/Democrats are NOW facing Perceptions that 77% of Americans are Obama LIED when he Pledged not to raise their payroll taxes for people making under $250,000 a year! That's a FACT!

OMG A promise not met. Why I bet you didn't even vote for Obama. But are you not real glad that he has given you something to bitch about?

And wouldn't it have been great if the SSI rates had been left alone. Then you could have been bitching about how Obama is trashing Social Security with his tax give aways for votes. Win win for rethugs. Who won't do anything to fix a problem.

Also, I thougt you all said that the Obama voters don't pay any taxes? You changing your minds?

But the stark bleak facts that 77% of Americans are seeing LESS in their paychecks due to paying 6.2% SS withholding is reality.
And all you Obamatrons/Democrats are NOW facing Perceptions that 77% of Americans are Obama LIED when he Pledged not to raise their payroll taxes for people making under $250,000 a year! That's a FACT!

Well, my taxes haven't gone up a whit since the President made that claim...in fact, they went down. I got a few tax cuts. Now those CUTS are expiring...not because it is what the President wanted, but because Congress compromised on a deal and the GOP wanted the holiday gone.

Imagine if "dictator" Obama had held firm on the Payroll Tax holiday...

Well, my taxes haven't gone up a whit since the President made that claim...in fact, they went down. I got a few tax cuts. Now those CUTS are expiring...not because it is what the President wanted, but because Congress compromised on a deal and the GOP wanted the holiday gone.

ah yes, the Republicans again..funny Obama can fight for everything else he wants..but not for extending this tax cut...

crack me up

Is there any rethug who understands the word; temporary? As in temporary tax cut.

How about the word expire? As in; let the SSI tax cut expire after a period of time.

Big words, hard to understand for rethugs. But unlike Bush, who had to push his tax cut expiration onto a different presdient, Obama did what he said he would. Let the SSI cuts expire.

Don't you hate it when that happens? You know, a president doing what he said he would do.

“What happened that my Social Security withholding’s in my paycheck just went up?” a poster wrote on the liberal site DemocraticUnderground.com.
“My paycheck just went down by an amount that I don’t feel comfortable with. I guarantee this decrease is gonna’ hurt me more than the increase in income taxes will hurt those making over 400 grand. What happened?”

Shocker. Democrats who supported the president’s re-election just had NO idea that his steadfast pledge to raise taxes meant that he was really going to raise taxes. They thought he planned to just hit those filthy “1 percenters,” you know, the ones who earned fortunes through their inventiveness and hard work. They thought the free ride would continue forever.
So this week, as taxes went up for millions of Americans — which Republicans predicted throughout the campaign would happen — it was fun to watch the agoggery of the left.
“I know to expect between $93 and $94 less in my paycheck on the 15th,” wrote the ironically named “RomneyLies.”
“My boyfriend has had a lot of expenses and is feeling squeezed right now, and having his paycheck shrink really didn’t help,” wrote “DemocratToTheEnd.”
“BlueIndyBlue” added: “Many of my friends didn’t realize it, either. Our payroll department didn’t do a good job of explaining the coming changes.”
So let’s explain something to our ill-informed Democratic friends. In 2009, Mr. Obama enacted a “holiday” on the payroll tax deduction from employees’ paychecks, dropping the rate from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent. But like the holidays, the drop ended, and like New Year‘s, the revelers woke up the next morning with a massive hangover and a pounding head.

CURL: Obama supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases - Washington Times

These ardent Democrat/Obama supporters are now ASKING "Did Obama LIE when he pledged"""

"I can make a firm pledge: Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.”
Of course libtards are shocked...they assume everything is free.

Hey steph. Do you have any idea which branch of government was given the task of controlling the purse strings of the USA. You know, propose spending, raise taxes to pay for the spending etc.

Which branch has that responsibility steph. Do you know?

ah yes, the Republicans again..funny Obama can fight for everything else he wants..but not for extending this tax cut...

crack me up

You crack everyone up Stephanie, but probably not in a way you would appreciate.

Had the President fought for this, you would have been on the front lines posting three or four threads on how the President is bankrupting SS for future generations. I don't doubt if someone took the time, they could find you bitching about that in the past...probably the last time the GOP wanted to end the holiday.

ODS runs deep in you...but because I care, I donate to Skeeterpac.

crack me up

You crack everyone up Stephanie, but probably not in a way you would appreciate.

Had the President fought for this, you would have been on the front lines posting three or four threads on how the President is bankrupting SS for future generations. I don't doubt if someone took the time, they could find you bitching about that in the past...probably the last time the GOP wanted to end the holiday.

hummhumm
what cracks me up is you Obama cult members
in your world Bush was responsible for EVERYTHING, Obama responsible FOR NOTHING

Last edited:
Steph. Pushing 30 thousand posts. YOU really should be better at this than you are. Don't you think?
(don't answer that, It might incriminate you)
I guess practice does not make perfect with you.

crack me up

hummhumm
in your world Bush was responsible for EVERYTHING, Obama responsible FOR NOTHING

Actually, Bush has nothing to do with the Payroll Tax Holiday.

And i had a little time this morning. Look what I found with just a cursory search. I'm sure if I had more time, I could find all sorts of treasures.

STEPHANIE: there it is folks..this thread and article says it all.

It's not about if this cut is good or right for the american people, it's all about the OBAMA winning SOMETHING..

Half the people probably don't even understand what is going on with this payroll tax cut..

DAGOOSE: They will when they see their taxes skyrocket. And via the OP the GOP will catch hell for it.

And rightfully so.

STEPHANIE: LOL, skyrocket..

How many threads have you started in recent days about the "massive" tax increase that the President has foisted on the Middle Class?

In a sane world the Bush tax cuts would have expired on all incomes. The Buffet rule would be in effect, and the tax rates would apply to all income, whatever the source. The 6.2 % I pay on SS would also go right up to the top, on all income.

We would cut our military down to the point where we are only spending as much as the next 7 countries combined, and have a universal single payer health care system paid for by an increase in income taxes at all levels.

And that would balance the budget, with just cutting the waste out of present domestic programs, and leave us with money to start rebuilding our infrastructure.

hummhumm

Actually, Bush has nothing to do with the Payroll Tax Holiday.

And i had a little time this morning. Look what I found with just a cursory search. I'm sure if I had more time, I could find all sorts of treasures.

STEPHANIE: there it is folks..this thread and article says it all.

It's not about if this cut is good or right for the american people, it's all about the OBAMA winning SOMETHING..

Half the people probably don't even understand what is going on with this payroll tax cut..

DAGOOSE: They will when they see their taxes skyrocket. And via the OP the GOP will catch hell for it.

And rightfully so.

STEPHANIE: LOL, skyrocket..

How many threads have you started in recent days about the "massive" tax increase that the President has foisted on the Middle Class?

Ol' Staph wants us to forget the massive economic debacle that the GOP and "Conservatives" visited on the middle and working classes of this nation.

crack me up

Do you support extending the payroll tax cut?

crack me up

I opposed the payroll tax cut 2 years ago. Why would I want Obama to fight for it now?

So many refused to believe what some were saying about Obama's false promises regarding taxes. Now that we've all been hit where it hurts, people get it.

As people across the country are going over their own budgets and making changes in hopes of living within their lower income, politicians in Washington look to raising the debt ceiling so they can borrow and spend without making changes. Obama just effectively lowered the debt ceiling of millions of low income and middle class people. We don't have borrowing power and it probably doesn't matter now that we are less able to pay back loans anyway.

No budget for four years, out of control spending, raising the debt ceiling to borrow ourselves further into debt, higher taxes for all the poor working people and no meaningful cuts are apparently what some voted for last election. Enjoy.
Or, instead of being a con tool posting con dogma, you could actually read the truth about this increase in SS tax.

"While Congress may have averted the fiscal cliff, one of the tax holidays they allowed to expire was a lower payroll tax rate.

The Boston Globe noted that President Obama had requested that the lower 4.2 percent payroll tax rate be extended, but lawmakers refused. The Social Security payroll tax rate is now 6.2 percent."
Payroll tax increase has Americans asking #WhyIsMyPaycheckLessThisWeek | GlobalPost

Obama requested the rate not increase, you may have noticed. But Congress did not choose to do so. Who is it that controls the House??? Oh, yeah, that would be the Republican Party. And this increase had NOTHING to do with Obama at all. But you all thought it was a good opportunity to blame him for it, cause that is what you do. Dipshits.

So, there you go. Lying again, as does Healthmyths. And the cons just clap their fins like trained seals.

If Obama had wanted the extension, he would have fought for it. It's very simple. Obama spent his time telling everyone that he'd cut taxes on 95% of American families. He was referencing that payroll tax cut. Now that it has expired, it will be seen as a tax increase.

Forum List

Back