Now Insurers Must Cover 100% of Birth Control, Other Female Services

lack of self control, will, personal responsibility. and yes society has done their part to contribute to that, mightily, so there is a correlation and a fair amount of causation.

I tell you what. You guys get to work on starting a counter sexual revolution where "morals and personal responsibility" will overwhelm biological drive and people will wait until marriage to have sex.

In the meantime, those of us grounded in reality will try and address the problem in a way that actually might have some effect.

That aside, I would still object if insurers had to pay out for what is basically a recreational activity.

I don't think it much to ask if that if you like shagging, don't want to get knocked up, then you pay for your own contraception (goes for men too)

Sex is a "recreational activity"?

Uno is a recreational activity. You aren't hard wired to play Uno. Lonely people in hotels in strange cities don't peruse the internet for "Uno Services".

Sex is fun, but I think it goes a bit beyond "recreation".

It only has a degree of recreation to encourage procreation.

I get that people on birth control don't want to procreate. Neither do people who have unwanted pregnancies. Either way, the taxpayer foots a large part of the bill for unwanted pregnancy rates.

I can see one potential problem with this. A rise in STDs as women don't make their partners use condoms for birth control since they are on the pill.

the disease is people like sex. the right hates that.

using contraception IS being responsible.

:lol:your lack of expertise ala sex has been established but then, we already knew this....

really?

funny, unlike the abstinence-only, anti-choice rightwingnuts, i understand that people DO have sex.

you sound like an idiot when you post things like that.

is it intentional?

Intentional or not, it is low rent.

The right wing opposes sex education, birth control and abortion

Then they bitch about paying for unwanted babies

I have an issue with sex education being taught to elementary school kids. Such a class should be taught to during the middle school years. Birth control I'm all for and I really don't have a problem with it being covered by insurance. Hell, I wish it was so many years ago when I was on the pill. Abortions ... well that's another story. Personally I could never have one and I wish other women wouldn't but .... that is their choice. I'd prefer potential abortions to go full-term, deliver and put the baby up for adoption.

I agree

Personally, I oppose abortion but it has been a fact of life for 40 years that is not going to change.

We need to do things to reduce the need for abortions. This includes sex education, education on how to handle peer pressure/sexual advances, open access to birth control. Once pregnant, women need to know about adoption services, receive low cost pre-natal care and assistance with the delivery. Post birth they need low cost child care.

You have to give young, scared, single women an option other than abortion. If they have no other alternative...they will go for abortion

Last edited:
But why no copay? Copays and deductibles decrease premiums. Is this going to start a trend - a trend that will raise healthcare costs for everyone? Hmmm. Maybe that's the true intent.

What's the disease?

lack of self control, will, personal responsibility. and yes society has done their part to contribute to that, mightily, so there is a correlation and a fair amount of causation.

I tell you what. You guys get to work on starting a counter sexual revolution where "morals and personal responsibility" will overwhelm biological drive and people will wait until marriage to have sex.

you guys? :eusa_eh:Oh, I get it:rolleyes::lol:

tell you what;

Strawman-motivational-240x300.jpg

In the meantime, those of us grounded in reality will try and address the problem in a way that actually might have some effect.

nice bedside manner doc.

Last edited:
the disease is people like sex. the right hates that.

using contraception IS being responsible.

:lol:your lack of expertise ala sex has been established but then, we already knew this....

really?

funny, unlike the abstinence-only, anti-choice rightwingnuts, i understand that people DO have sex.

you sound like an idiot when you post things like that.

is it intentional?

:lol:maybe its my 90 IQ....:rolleyes:

jillian, my dear, you above all should be the last one posting anything to anyone regards idiocy.

you are just here to drop some of your pithy turds of hackage and the minute the conversation turns serious requiring any heavy lifting- which for you is anything beyond employing your dipso trio-; loon- wingnut- whacko labeling inanity, you're gone...

I never rendered an opinion one way or another see post 69 ( no pun intended ) my last one on this, YET ala "abstinence-only, anti-choice" you have not the foggiest idea how I feel about either one as it applies in this context, you have ASSUMED that everyone who doesn't think like you has an extreme opinion, (and of course pro life has got to be an extreme 'opinion' despite all of its variations right Jillian? see how that works? :rolleyes: ) if it APPEARS they don't agree with you....welcome to the hack farm.

Last edited:

That aside, I would still object if insurers had to pay out for what is basically a recreational activity.

I don't think it much to ask if that if you like shagging, don't want to get knocked up, then you pay for your own contraception (goes for men too)

Uno is a recreational activity. You aren't hard wired to play Uno. Lonely people in hotels in strange cities don't peruse the internet for "Uno Services".

Sex is fun, but I think it goes a bit beyond "recreation".

It only has a degree of recreation to encourage procreation.

I get that people on birth control don't want to procreate. Neither do people who have unwanted pregnancies. Either way, the taxpayer foots a large part of the bill for unwanted pregnancy rates.

I can see one potential problem with this. A rise in STDs as women don't make their partners use condoms for birth control since they are on the pill.

Depends how good you are at it....for some it is punishment

May I change the subject for a moment? Is there a birth control pill/patch for men? Just curious.

As a woman, would you trust a man who told you..."Don't worry, I'm on the pill"?

Now Insurers Must Cover 100% of Birth Control, Other Female Services

Good!

Apparently unlike some of the little boys here, I know and actually like a few women.

you guys? :eusa_eh:Oh, I get it:rolleyes::lol:

tell you what;

http://learnoutlive.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Strawman-motivational-240x
[/quote]

It's not a strawman argument. You are bemoaning the decay of society as the root of the problem. That may or may not be true.

We are proposing that it's more pragmatic to address it through birth control then to try and put a genie in a bottle.

Beats abortion

So does personal responsibility, but I realize that's an anathema to people like you.

When some conservative tells me how to force "personal responsibility" upon someone else, I'll be willing to accept that as a workable solution. In the meantime, we have tens of thousands of people who either can't or wont take personal responsibility, the result being thousands more children born that we can't very well just shoot and hope for a better outcome next time.

Forum List

Back