NOW he renounces after influencing millions and destroying thousands of lives...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
May 30, 7:05 AM (ET)

LONDON (AP) — Paul McCartney says he has given up marijuana after many years of indulgence and now prefers wine or "a nice margarita."

The former Beatle told the Daily Mirror he doesn't want to set a bad example for his children and grandchildren by using marijuana. He said Saturday his decision is "a parent thing."

He says "the last time I smoked was a long time ago."

McCartney had been a long-time marijuana user who spent 10 nights in jail after he was arrested trying to enter Japan with a large quantity of the drug in 1980.

The 72-year-old British rock/pop star is fit and has long advocated a vegetarian lifestyle. He continues to perform for adoring crowds worldwide.

My Way News - McCartney says he s given up pot now that he s a granddad

Yea right Paul!!!
After your influence over millions that had thousands emulating your drug life making it sound cool and the
HIP thing to do... you realize what you've done!
Now we have to clean up the drug messes caused by these people including Obama who was among
those influenced to use drugs... Mr. Cool right?
And now we have a clouded brain in a screwed up President.... Paul thanks for nothing!!!
Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 11.13.13 AM.png

Destroying thousands of lives you say. At least you're not being dramatic or anything. This thread should come with smelling salts.

That's quite a reach but not surprising that RW Drama Queen says people shouldn't take responsibility for their own actions.

Or does the OP believe these "millions" were forced to do drugs?

Grow up and take responsibility for what you say and do.

Marijuana use has increased since 2007. In 2012, there were 18.9 million current (past-month) users—about 7.3 percent of people aged 12 or older—up from 14.4 million (5.8 percent) in 2007.

More than half of new illicit drug users begin with marijuana. Next most common are prescription pain relievers, followed by inhalants (which is most common among younger teens).

DrugFacts Nationwide Trends National Institute on Drug Abuse NIDA

And for our President!!!
NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - A long-term study of Swedish men finds that those who smoked marijuana at age 18, especially the heaviest users, were more likely to end up on the nation's disability rolls by age 59.

It's unclear whether the pot use in adolescence may have led to more severe substance abuse or was an early sign of psychiatric or social factors that contributed to later disability, the researchers caution.
Heavy pot use in teen years may predict later-life disability Lifescript.com

Think Obama is starting to have problems?
In his 1995 memoir "Dreams of My Father," Obama writes about smoking pot almost like Dr. Seuss wrote about eating green eggs and ham. As a high school kid, Obama wrote, he would smoke "in a white classmate's sparkling new van," he would smoke "in the dorm room of some brother" and he would smoke "on the beach with a couple of Hawaiian kids."

He would smoke it here and there. He would smoke it anywhere.

Now a soon-to-be published biography by David Maraniss entitled "Barack Obama: The Story" gives more detail on Obama's pot-smoking days, complete with testimonials from young Barry Obama's high school buddies, a group that went by the name "the Choom Gang." Choom was slang for smoking marijuana.

Obama and His Pot-Smoking Choom Gang - ABC News

If a person lacks the common sense not to follow but to chose their own path then they are nothing better than lemmings and receive their just rewards. To look at one person and hold them in such esteem is dangerous, with that said, Bob Dylan also ruined lives?

There are countless issues one can find to blast Obama over but smoking dope is hardly one of them.

That's quite a reach but not surprising that RW Drama Queen says people shouldn't take responsibility for their own actions.

Or does the OP believe these "millions" were forced to do drugs?

Grow up and take responsibility for what you say and do.

Right... forced to use drugs because it was such a cool anti-society thing to do...like are doobie smokin' Prez!
I frankly found these people that indulged in drugs as being so unsure of themselves they needed to step out of their bodies i.e.
using the detached from the real world experiences because they were so incompetent to handle the real world.

You tell me honestly... why do you think nearly $180.12 billion spent in 2014 on advertising?
: Total US Ad Spending to See Largest Increase Since 2004 - eMarketer

Advertising influences people's behavior.
So too did the "cool" behavior of the Beatles,etc. the HIP people... the with it people and they all did drugs...cause it was "cool"!

So if advertisers spent billions influencing people's lives, then what about the trillions that all the rock concerts, TV shows, etc., did to influence drug behavior especially in weak minded people that already had identity problems in the first place!

If a person lacks the common sense not to follow but to chose their own path then they are nothing better than lemmings and receive their just rewards. To look at one person and hold them in such esteem is dangerous, with that said, Bob Dylan also ruined lives?

Obviously he and ANY person who INFLUENCES weak minded people to alter their behavior i.e. using drugs by showing
them weak minded "hey... this is cool...this is the way to attract the opposite sex or same sex..." Grass is cool... don't be
a stick in the mud! Get HIGH!!!
Escapism is what is called and even people like you that "excuse" this escapism are just as guilty! Grow up!

These right wingers are morons. He didn't say he "renounced". I smoked pot for a dozen years. It just got old. I haven't had a drink for the past 30 years. I was never an addict. It just got boring. I really like coke. But after a couple of years, boring. I only did acid a few times. Too intense. I never tried the newer drugs because I lost interest.
Besides, when you get old, you discover what is more important. You don't want to forget stuff, have to apologize, feel sick or overeat. To right wingers, even the smallest things are HUGE. Makes you wonder how meaningless their lives are. The vast majority of those who did drugs or drink did it with moderation and then either stopped or are only occasional users.

Now if you really want to look at an addiction, check out mysticism. It's a crutch for those who are afraid to learn and only have morals because they got them out of a book under threat of eternal agony.

There are countless issues one can find to blast Obama over but smoking dope is hardly one of them.

Again... FACTS...
NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - A long-term study of Swedish men finds that those who smoked marijuana at age 18, especially the heaviest users, were more likely to end up on the nation's disability rolls by age 59.

It's unclear whether the pot use in adolescence may have led to more severe substance abuse or was an early sign of psychiatric or social factors that contributed to later disability, the researchers caution.

Obama smoked heavily at age 18 he said so!
At 53 Obama is NOW at the age where heaviest users are beginning to see the affects.
And this is the guy with his finger on the trigger.... GREAT!!!

Again... FACTS...

At 53 Obama is NOW at the age where heaviest users are beginning to see the affects.

Again...DRAMA. I think we need the government to come along and make these decisions for us, after all they always know best.

These right wingers are morons. He didn't say he "renounced". I smoked pot for a dozen years. It just got old. I haven't had a drink for the past 30 years. I was never an addict. It just got boring. I really like coke. But after a couple of years, boring. I only did acid a few times. Too intense. I never tried the newer drugs because I lost interest.
Besides, when you get old, you discover what is more important. You don't want to forget stuff, have to apologize, feel sick or overeat. To right wingers, even the smallest things are HUGE. Makes you wonder how meaningless their lives are. The vast majority of those who did drugs or drink did it with moderation and then either stopped or are only occasional users.

Now if you really want to look at an addiction, check out mysticism. It's a crutch for those who are afraid to learn and only have morals because they got them out of a book under threat of eternal agony.

Fortunately you are the EXCEPTION and not the rule!
And that's the problem with people like you! YOU use YOUR experience and make it sound like it happens for everyone!
It doesn't!
The majority of heavy smokers, be it grass or tobacco FEEL the affect in many ways which obviously and very uniquely you
haven't had. Do you have all your teeth? Are you overweight? Do you have COPD??

Again...DRAMA. I think we need the government to come along and make these decisions for us, after all they always know best.

They may not know BEST, but they obviously know BETTER than most people, considering the number of smokers, drug users, alcohol drinkers and other worthless, immoral wastes of flesh and oxygen that live in this country.

They may not know BEST, but they obviously know BETTER than most people, considering the number of smokers, drug users, alcohol drinkers and other worthless, immoral wastes of flesh and oxygen that live in this country.

I already have a mother. I don't need the government to tell me what is good and/or bad for me. I can make those choices all by myself. Such a crazy notion I know.

Last edited:
I already have a mother. I don't need the government to tell what is good and/or bad for me. I can make those choices all by myself. Such a crazy notion I know.

Obviously neither she nor you did or are doing a very good job. Unfortunately rather than that being the exception, it's now the majority of the population, by a massive percentage.

Again... FACTS...

NO actually i think we need more advertising dollars spent promoting common sense, the golden rule and NOT have
government involved.

I already have a mother. I don't need the government to tell what is good and/or bad for me. I can make those choices all by myself. Such a crazy notion I know.

Obviously neither she nor you did or are doing a very good job. Unfortunately rather than that being the exception, it's now the majority of the population, by a massive percentage.

If your fine with having the government be your nanny than have it. Some of us can makes these choices without their help. Sadly you seem to need the government to help point moral compass.

Again... FACTS...

NO actually i think we need more advertising dollars spent promoting common sense, the golden rule and NOT have
government involved.

Help us Madison Avenue! You're our only hope.

image.jpg

Fortunately you are the EXCEPTION and not the rule!
And that's the problem with people like you! YOU use YOUR experience and make it sound like it happens for everyone!
It doesn't!
The majority of heavy smokers, be it grass or tobacco FEEL the affect in many ways which obviously and very uniquely you
haven't had. Do you have all your teeth? Are you overweight? Do you have COPD??
I have to go look up COPD. I don't have my molars and I feel pretty good. I don't have hemorrhoids and my poop is normal.

But to compare pot and tobacco is incredibly stupid. I'm not going to explain the difference. The education won't "take".

Even most of the Republicans I know have smoked pot. Most of the ones that say they haven't are lying.

Forum List

Back