NOW he renounces after influencing millions and destroying thousands of lives...

I smoke pot and have since 1977, but it's not because some British fellow came over and shared a doobie with me...

So you don't believe advertisers spending billions a year in advertising shows how behavior is influenced?
These people advocated drug use. They are NO different the cigarette manufacturers advertising their product for years.
The "glamorous", "cool", "HIP" life style you obviously defend did cause young people to destroy their lives.
Of course being a LIP you are outraged that NOW McCartney recognizes what most of us other then you obviously
did...i.e. the YOUTH are the most at risk and yet you defend these guys!

Were you ALWAYS this stupid or did you stick your head up a bong to many times???
I'm not "outraged" about anything, drama queen. You're the one foaming at the mouth (because I'm not seeing things your way). Now you're trying to equate McCartney and others with cigarette manufacturers? You really think the Beatles' objective was to get people to use drugs? You're desperate. Your thread is a failure, buddy, and so are you. If you want censorship, there's plenty of it in Iran, N. Korea, Cuba, maybe you should consider relocating since you obviously need a big brother to protect you from all those bad influences in the music industry. BTW, you should learn how to spell before calling other people "stupid".

Your defending the Beatles etc. is out of touch with reality. A majority of their songs were either drug related, drug induced and definitely glorified drug use.

HE EVEN SAID SO!!!
He confirmed that drugs influenced some of the group's songs. "A song like 'Got to Get You Into My Life,' that's directly about pot, although everyone missed it at the time," McCartney said. " 'Day Tripper,' that's one about acid. 'Lucy in the Sky,' that's pretty obvious. There's others that make subtle hints about drugs, but, you know, it's easy to overestimate the influence of drugs on the Beatles' music."

McCartney added: "Just about everyone was doing drugs in one form or another and we were no different, but the writing was too important for us to mess it up by getting off our heads all the time."
McCartney Of Course Those Songs Were About Drugs washingtonpost.com
You missed my point. A lot of their music may have been about drugs but their intention was not to intentionally destroy people's lives. Is this too complicated for you?

Famous last words.."I didn't know the gun was loaded"! "I never intended..." doesn't make any difference.
The results are the same whether intended or not.
McCartney is worth an estimated $660 million.Dec 2, 2014
Jagger is worth an estimated $300 million.
Lennon net worth of $800 million
Starr net worth $300 million
Between the four alone, over $2 billion in personal wealth aggregated from music that based on glorifying the drug culture.

Have we heard of any effort to help mitigate the expenses members of families incurred trying to help a drug addict person let alone
any use of this $2 billion to undo their "misguided intention"??
I noticed you didn't mention country singers who sing about getting drunk. Are they ok or do you want them to fund MADD? How about songs about making love? Should they cough up a few million to help unwed mothers? And let's not forget that scumbag Shakespeare for writing Romeo and Juliet. How many teenagers killed themselves after reading it? Hell, why don't we just bring back censorship, would that make you happy?

All very very good ideas!

No question that everything you mentioned "INFLUENCES" people's lives.

In part we are doing just that right now!
The measure, passed in Berkeley, Calif., on Tuesday, adds a one-cent tax to each ounce of sugar-sweetened drinks. It was supported by 75 percent of voters.

How Michael Bloomberg helped pass Berkeley s soda tax - The Washington Post

Should be a one-cent tax on every song played every influential medium that specifically encourages negligent behavior ....just
as Berkeley Calif. is doing!

I'm not "outraged" about anything, drama queen. You're the one foaming at the mouth (because I'm not seeing things your way). Now you're trying to equate McCartney and others with cigarette manufacturers? You really think the Beatles' objective was to get people to use drugs? You're desperate. Your thread is a failure, buddy, and so are you. If you want censorship, there's plenty of it in Iran, N. Korea, Cuba, maybe you should consider relocating since you obviously need a big brother to protect you from all those bad influences in the music industry. BTW, you should learn how to spell before calling other people "stupid".

Your defending the Beatles etc. is out of touch with reality. A majority of their songs were either drug related, drug induced and definitely glorified drug use.

HE EVEN SAID SO!!!
He confirmed that drugs influenced some of the group's songs. "A song like 'Got to Get You Into My Life,' that's directly about pot, although everyone missed it at the time," McCartney said. " 'Day Tripper,' that's one about acid. 'Lucy in the Sky,' that's pretty obvious. There's others that make subtle hints about drugs, but, you know, it's easy to overestimate the influence of drugs on the Beatles' music."

McCartney added: "Just about everyone was doing drugs in one form or another and we were no different, but the writing was too important for us to mess it up by getting off our heads all the time."
You missed my point. A lot of their music may have been about drugs but their intention was not to intentionally destroy people's lives. Is this too complicated for you?

Famous last words.."I didn't know the gun was loaded"! "I never intended..." doesn't make any difference.
Between the four alone, over $2 billion in personal wealth aggregated from music that based on glorifying the drug culture.

Have we heard of any effort to help mitigate the expenses members of families incurred trying to help a drug addict person let alone
I noticed you didn't mention country singers who sing about getting drunk. Are they ok or do you want them to fund MADD? How about songs about making love? Should they cough up a few million to help unwed mothers? And let's not forget that scumbag Shakespeare for writing Romeo and Juliet. How many teenagers killed themselves after reading it? Hell, why don't we just bring back censorship, would that make you happy?

The measure, passed in Berkeley, Calif., on Tuesday, adds a one-cent tax to each ounce of sugar-sweetened drinks. It was supported by 75 percent of voters.

Should be a one-cent tax on every song played every influential medium that specifically encourages negligent behavior ....just
Arkansas has been taxing soda syrup since the '90's...........and??

I'm sorry, but pot has never ruined anyone's life that had a chance to be more than they would otherwise.

I won't be surprised however that if indeed pot gets legalized across the country and the parasite class becomes even more lethargic, that the "progressive" sociopaths will blame the GOP and libertarians for allowing (their agenda) pot legalization to pass. They will once again be demanding prohibitions and mandatory minimum sentences.

Funny, when you look at what Red States bring to the country and compare that to what Blue States bring to the country, it's clear who the parasite class truly is.

HE EVEN SAID SO!!!

Why don't we just outlaw music, art, sugar, alcohol, fat, anything YOU deem to be harmful in any way, no matter how remote? Then we could all live in that antiseptic world you envision and it wouldn't require anyone to take responsibility for their own actions.

May 30, 7:05 AM (ET)

LONDON (AP) — Paul McCartney says he has given up marijuana after many years of indulgence and now prefers wine or "a nice margarita."

The former Beatle told the Daily Mirror he doesn't want to set a bad example for his children and grandchildren by using marijuana. He said Saturday his decision is "a parent thing."

He says "the last time I smoked was a long time ago."

McCartney had been a long-time marijuana user who spent 10 nights in jail after he was arrested trying to enter Japan with a large quantity of the drug in 1980.

The 72-year-old British rock/pop star is fit and has long advocated a vegetarian lifestyle. He continues to perform for adoring crowds worldwide.

My Way News - McCartney says he s given up pot now that he s a granddad

Yea right Paul!!!
After your influence over millions that had thousands emulating your drug life making it sound cool and the
HIP thing to do... you realize what you've done!
Now we have to clean up the drug messes caused by these people including Obama who was among
those influenced to use drugs... Mr. Cool right?
And now we have a clouded brain in a screwed up President.... Paul thanks for nothing!!!
View attachment 41855

Not only is this the most ridiculous post I've read today, it doesn't belong in the Politics forum.

This is the only post I've seen by you that I can disagree with. McCartney is a liberal moonbat, but he is no more responsible for drug use than the government that makes it "taboo" and thus attractive.

The government should make efforts to keep poisons restricted, but it can and only should so much. Some people will find away to kill themselves no matter what. In some cases we need to offer help, or stand out of the way.

Filling up prisons is not in the public interest.

Blaming shitty musicians isn't even a waste of time, it's counter productive.

These right wingers are morons. He didn't say he "renounced". I smoked pot for a dozen years. It just got old. I haven't had a drink for the past 30 years. I was never an addict. It just got boring. I really like coke. But after a couple of years, boring. I only did acid a few times. Too intense. I never tried the newer drugs because I lost interest.
Besides, when you get old, you discover what is more important. You don't want to forget stuff, have to apologize, feel sick or overeat. To right wingers, even the smallest things are HUGE. Makes you wonder how meaningless their lives are. The vast majority of those who did drugs or drink did it with moderation and then either stopped or are only occasional users.

Now if you really want to look at an addiction, check out mysticism. It's a crutch for those who are afraid to learn and only have morals because they got them out of a book under threat of eternal agony.
why did you like coke over speed?....and if the acid was too intense it was cut with speed.....acid not cut with shit like speed is a pretty mellow experience with the right people in the right place.....

These right wingers are morons. He didn't say he "renounced". I smoked pot for a dozen years. It just got old. I haven't had a drink for the past 30 years. I was never an addict. It just got boring. I really like coke. But after a couple of years, boring. I only did acid a few times. Too intense. I never tried the newer drugs because I lost interest.
Besides, when you get old, you discover what is more important. You don't want to forget stuff, have to apologize, feel sick or overeat. To right wingers, even the smallest things are HUGE. Makes you wonder how meaningless their lives are. The vast majority of those who did drugs or drink did it with moderation and then either stopped or are only occasional users.

Now if you really want to look at an addiction, check out mysticism. It's a crutch for those who are afraid to learn and only have morals because they got them out of a book under threat of eternal agony.

Fortunately you are the EXCEPTION and not the rule!
And that's the problem with people like you! YOU use YOUR experience and make it sound like it happens for everyone!
It doesn't!
The majority of heavy smokers, be it grass or tobacco FEEL the affect in many ways which obviously and very uniquely you
haven't had. Do you have all your teeth? Are you overweight? Do you have COPD??
YOU use YOUR experience and make it sound like it happens for everyone
and you are making it sound like most people have negative things happen to them for smoking it,because you read it somewhere.....and that is not true unless you smoke the stuff all day long for many years....MOST people, who have and do smoke it casually, have very few problems related to it.....

Forum List

Back