Nothing To Do In Crawford TX

Status
Not open for further replies.
GotZoom said:
I wonder if any of our conversations/opinions/rants on this board have ever made it into a strip or two.

Sadly, I don't give input. "Quality control" or some such nonsense.

nakedemperor said:
Opus and Far Side are my favorite strips out there. Well, when they were out there, that is. Also, I shouldn't have bitten when you decided to attack my father, and especially my mother.

As to my 'self-documented pole smoking', I have never engaged in any sort of pole smoking, ever, so I'd ask that you please limit your personal attacks to things you know about, like my spelling (speaking of lame things to deride someone for; you'll forgive my propensity to type quickly and without any editing on an online messageboard).

Opus is still out there.I read it on Sundays.Berkeley also did the work in the Robert Duval/Michael Caine movie "Secondhand Lions".
Naked please accept my sincerest apology. When you candidly admitted to being a practicing bi-sexual earlier this year I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you weren't playing "catcher for the team"(I believe that the few gay friends of mine that are still alive have called it "pillow biting" ), I didn't realize you would object to the "pole smoking" reference.I can understand being offended by the accusation of being one of those but somehow I don't know which would offend me more, the idea of either is pretty f*ckin offensive to me but then again I never proudly proclaimed that I was bi.
I also apologize for bringing your mother into the discussion , in reality I have always liked her on screen, she seems fair minded and not at all like your father.In fairness I did say that I was attempting to be as lame as that doodleberry cartoon. It is obviously not her professionalism that caused the cancellation of her show and I was being way too much like dinkiberry to even bring it up.
As far as the President, did you criticize the Bubba as much for the many things he did over his 8 year term that showed he has absolutely no common sense what so ever? Maybe you weren't old enough but I do know that the writers for duffusberry gave him a complete pass on everything he did, actually I think it would be more accurate to call denseberry a cheerleader strip for people like Bill Clinton and others with no redeeming value or qualities .
As for the spelling , yes I'm sure it is chicken shit but after all you do seem to fancy yourself a writer so it's an easy target . I will not do it again.

Of course I don't mean any of this, I have always thought it good to practice apologies. You never know when they can be useful. If you're really good at it, like Clinton, you can get people to think you are apologizing and never even have to. . . that is what I'm striving for. :cool:

Kathianne said:
Perhaps that is the problem. Doesn't help Casey's memory alot, but that doesn't seem to be Cindy's concern. The media agrees with her:

http://www.spectator.co.uk/article_pfv.php?id=6501

LOL .... there really ISN'T anything to do in Crawford. I think Mayberry was bigger!

And I agree.... his mother doesn't seem to give a damned about HIS wishes. His death is all about HER. I'd LOVE to hear HIS opinion on the matter.

nakedemperor said:
Pale-

Find an example of a newspaper dropping Doonesbury where the paper wasn't inundated with letters of protest. Also find an example of a good political 'toon that wasn't ever controversial. Also find a more highly decorated political 'toon. Ever. Anywhere.

P.I.M.P. :soul:

I didn't know your dad was the author of that strip. But... whatever.

Who cares how many letters a paper got after they dropped your dad's strip. Point is it's been dropped many times, by your father's own admission.

And it's common knowledge that the vocal minority, mostly always liberals, will impose their agenda on the majority, simply because they're so good at screaming "injustice".

sitarro said:
Maybe you weren't old enough but I do know that the writers for duffusberry gave him a complete pass on everything he did, actually I think it would be more accurate to call denseberry a cheerleader strip for people like Bill Clinton and others with no redeeming value or qualities .

Absolutely, positively, undeniably false. If you read Doonesbury (and there is only one writer, he also happens to be the artist), you'd know that during the Clinton years the president was CONSTANTLY lambasted by the strip. Hell, he was drawn as a WAFFLE. See the now infamous 'semen-streaked dress' strip, for example.

Honestly, you're obviously not a Doonesbury reader, and you obviously don't know what you're talking about, because Clinton was far and away the strips most frequent target during the 90's; you made the assumption that the strip wouldn't criticize a Democrat, which is patently false. Go read some of this strips if you're going to talk about what they did and didn't cover.

nakedemperor said:
Absolutely, positively, undeniably false. If you read Doonesbury (and there is only one writer, he also happens to be the artist), you'd know that during the Clinton years the president was CONSTANTLY lambasted by the strip. Hell, he was drawn as a WAFFLE. See the now infamous 'semen-streaked dress' strip, for example.

Honestly, you're obviously not a Doonesbury reader, and you obviously don't know what you're talking about, because Clinton was far and away the strips most frequent target during the 90's; you made the assumption that the strip wouldn't criticize a Democrat, which is patently false. Go read some of this strips if you're going to talk about what they did and didn't cover.

Calm down naked,
I'm just f*ckin with you a little bit. Your avatar makes you look like such a brat that it practically invites it. Take a new shot and put on a manly man's face and see if that helps. I did it and look at the results, nobody is going to f*ck with a Great White shark.
I apologize again . . . no I don't. . . yes I do . . . Look at that, I did it again.
The main point of the original post is that the President took a 2 hour bike ride with the top cyclist in the world and a fellow Texan and discussed cancer research with him, how can you possibly criticize him for that? W is a good man and it irritates the crap out of me when I see such ridiculous criticisms of him. After all we know that the real reason the left hates him is that he made the dastardly mistake of admitting he is a born again Christian and that is like Kryptonite too a leftist, nothing scares them more than the thought that they may be held accountable someday for their transgressions and the mere presence of a Christian only reminds them of that fact.
As for the dingleberry strip, no I don't read it, I hate the art and the sophmoric attempts at humor that I have seen every time that I have attempted to read it.I don't like the Simpsons for the same reason. I was trying to show you how one can make up shit on the fly and pretend that it is true, they could even base years of a comic strip fabricating untruths to suit a political agenda and influence weak minds, not that your father would do that . . . no way. . .really. :happy2:

Let's not forget that the anti-war crowd dug up that icon of the 60s Joan "Bi"-ez.... of course, she was wrong about Vietnam, but so what? She's a folk singer! It doesn't matter that, thanks of idiots like her (and of course, her sister in stupidity, Jane Fonda), the North Vietnamese were able to win the war, then went on to kill and torture millions of innocent people. It doesn't matter that their anti-war activities were used as propoganda by the North Vietnamese against our service men and women. It was an "immoral war", remember? Yet, look at Vietnam today, one of the poorest countries in the world, rife with corruption, with the lowest standard of living in Asia if not the world (and considering that they have to compete with countries like Bangladesh for the title, that's not easy to do), probably with the lowest life expectancy as well and definitely communist. Wow, Joan Baez really did a lot of good helping to bring that about! Idiots like her are concerned about the poor and suffering of the world EXCEPT when they are Vietnamese who want to live in peace and freedom.

Face it, gang, people like Joan Baez are stuck in a time warp.... they're a bunch of old hippies that wish it was still the 1960s, they are still back on the commune, or back at Woodstock (and isn't it a coincidence that Crawford Texas happened on the anniversary of said music festival?). I think they never got over the breakup of the Beatles, or Jimi Hendrix's demise.....

Even if they lived in the land of "Perfect", they'd would be protesting sunshine, it's a way of life for them.... they're the "agitation generation".

So now they hope to capture their youth by protesting this war. OK, it's their right, but who bought and paid for it? The very soldiers that they claim to "support". Yet, I'm sure, not one of them could stand to be in the same room with America's finest.

For all their sanctimonious pronouncements, the 1960s hippies weren't about social change and making the world a better place. They were a bunch of spoiled, self indulgent white kids that wanted to party all the time. And that's a fact.

P.S. and notice that every left wing, whack job movement with an agenda is out there with Ms. Baez wrapping their true message (e.g. pushing abortion, gay rights, the environment) in an anti-war theme so that they can get free publicity......

sitarro said:
Calm down naked,
I'm just f*ckin with you a little bit. Your avatar makes you look like such a brat that it practically invites it. Take a new shot and put on a manly man's face and see if that helps. I did it and look at the results, nobody is going to f*ck with a Great White shark.

You said it sitarro, and the same thing has been said before. But I don't think our little bi attention whore would change his avatar on a bet. I sincerely believe he loves to look at himself, and fancies himself. It's got egotist and narcisist pasted all over it, and much of his attitude in his posts confirms that.

Yes that makes him an easy target.

Here's what I think.. I don't think that anyone is so good looking here that they have the right to bash the way anyone *else* looks.

So he uses his pic as an avatar - so what? I have. Other people still do. Find something legitimate to poke at them for - not something childish.

Let's don't forget "Pimp du Jour" - Unless this is an attempt at tongue-in-cheek, I would probably change this too.

I think people who have to remind others how good they are, well...sad, sad, sad.

What the hell? I'm in a photograph... and I'm smiling. I think its the most logical choice for an avatar. If I *look* like a brat, well, that's not something that I can help. I'm perfectly happy with my avatar, and if I decide to change it, it will probably be another picture of me. :finger3:

And pimp du jour, of course its tongue and cheek. Look around, 99.9% of avatar bylines are jokes... its pretty common practice.

Shattered said:
Here's what I think.. I don't think that anyone is so good looking here that they have the right to bash the way anyone *else* looks.

So he uses his pic as an avatar - so what? I have. Other people still do. Find something legitimate to poke at them for - not something childish.

So you don't think the fact that nakie likes to look at himself is legitimate... so what? I do, and that influences my opinion, and I have just as much right to voice that as anyone else.

Why don't you find something more "legitimate" to stand behind, not something with a fetish.

Pale Rider said:
So you don't think the fact that nakie likes to look at himself is legitimate... so what? I do, and that influences my opinion, and I have just as much right to voice that as anyone else.

Why don't you find something more "legitimate" to stand behind, not something with a fetish.

It's downright silly when adults start picking on the way each other looks.

That's my opinion, and I'm standing by it.

You voiced yours, I voiced mine, we're even.

Shattered said:

But ......I thought YOU were ........ ;)

Girl germs, huh?

GunnyL said:
Not forgotten. Cooties are part of the all-inclusive legion of microbes designed to make guys sick that y'all carry around seeking victims.

Poor baby. You should swear off girls forever, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back