Nothing To Do In Crawford TX

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Perhaps that is the problem. Doesn't help Casey's memory alot, but that doesn't seem to be Cindy's concern. The media agrees with her:

http://www.spectator.co.uk/article_pfv.php?id=6501

2. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Doing nothing in Crawford, Texas? Take an extended bike ride with Lance Armstrong. We're not at war or anything.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    And Clinton would have been on Long Island, war or not. C'mon, you know better than that.

4. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    i agree.... he should be getting blow jobs in the oval office while soldier's boddies are dragged through the streets

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. ThomasPaine

ThomasPaine Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66

6. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    Gee Naked , You should write for that lame ass, unfunny, nonthought provoking crap that wastes space in the comic section of newspapers. . . what 's it called ???doodleberry, dounsfarm, duckshit. . . oh yeah doonsberry. I know my 5 year old neice could certainly draw better than whomever slops the ink for that hack strip, they looking for a replacement?
    I guess you have a problem with a government official that would actually have the balls to ride with the 7 time Tour De France Champion and Testicular Cancer survivor Lance Armstrong(sorry, hope that didn't tease you too much, ya know that ball thing. . . twice)rather than ride behind him in his air conditioned team car at the race. Didn't former Presidential loser candidate and invisible Massachusetts Senator Kerry have more important things to do than suck down Champagne and cheerlead on national news for Lance in France. . . you know since his country is at war and all(a war he supported until some joke poll told him he shouldn't). Are you really as stupid as your dad's readers and actually believe that there is a big difference in the communication ability of the President when he is in Crawford rather than the Whitehouse(no blinking red phone)? Are you also as simple as the sheep baahhhing along with that publicity wank Cindy in believing that a 2 hour bike ride is going to take the President away from the business of running the country? You're hopeless little boy, please don't tell your mommy on me she might make me appear on her show(oops. . . sorry I almost forgot, that show is cancelled right?). I hope none of this doonsberry style humor has offended you kid. . . :cry:

7. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Sitarro, we have the laziest president in the country's history. Natch.

Oh, that lame as comic strip? That appears in 1,400 newspapers, that has won a pulitzer and been a finalist for two others? That has more online subscribers than any other comic strip in history? That has been honored by (among countless other sources) the United States military, which has carried the 'strip in Stars and Stripes since the 1970's (briefly dropped in 1973 before thousands of protest letters had it reinstated), and has put the 'strip on special display for soldiers to view? That has recieved medals of commendation from multiple combat units in Iraq and Kuwait?

Yeah. Its pretty lame. :chillpill:

Enjoy dying 45 years before I do. :D

8. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    And someone gave Yassar Arafat a Nobel Peace Prize. Idiocy and evil are often lauded by many.

9. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
  10. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,912
    Yeah... the one where the author says, "it was a constant struggle to keep everyone onboard". You know, because everybody was constantly DROPPING the strip, because the author is a liberal piece of dog crap, and the majority of people DIDN'T agree with him...

"Doonesbury": Jerked off the funny pages

Hundreds of papers might be pulling this Sunday's strip for referring to the health benefits of masturbation. Garry Trudeau talks to Salon about his comic's 32-year history of controversy.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    By Sheerly Avni

Sept. 5, 2003 | After commenting on almost every political and cultural controversy of the past three decades -- from Vietnam to Iraq, from revolutions sexual to Starbucksian -- Garry Trudeau is at it again. This Sunday, "Doonesbury," his popular and beloved comic strip, might be pulled from roughly half of the 700 newspapers that syndicate it.

Why the uproar? Because Trudeau has dared to address the ever-sensitive issue of getting off -- specifically, how getting off can keep you healthy. The strip is based on a recent study in the New Scientist that finds that frequent masturbation can help prevent prostate cancer. Despite the subject matter's rather heartwarming implications, 19 out of 34 editors polled by the Milwaukee Journal said they would not publish it.

Trudeau talked with Salon by e-mail, about the masturbation furor, "Doonesbury's" history of controversy, and which of his characters would be most likely to take the study about prostate cancer to, er, heart.

So it looks like you're the new Joycelyn Elders. What do you think it is about the M-word that has provoked such a strong response?

Well, there are certain words that trigger a response simply because they've never before appeared in a family-friendly context like the comics. "Masturbation" is obviously a loaded word, but as a descriptor, it's not actually vulgar or coarse, which is why I'm comfortable using it. And the strip in question isn't actually about masturbation or cancer, it's about the inability of two particular adults to find a mutual comfort zone to discuss a serious subject. Since the more traditional viewpoint (Boopsie's) is presented without mockery, conservative readers really shouldn't be offended.

Still, the syndicate and I understood that some papers would not be prepared to accommodate this little depiction of the shifting nature of taboos. After all, editors are still arguing over the acceptability of the word "suck." So we offered a substitute strip for editors who themselves felt caught out of their comfort zones by the strip.

Do you feel as if the climate for publishing controversial strips has changed since you first began publishing "Doonesbury"?

Absolutely. It's much more friendly. In the early years, I was constantly preoccupied with blowback. "Doonesbury"-related controversies used to flare up at least once a month. One year there were 12 wire service stories about dropped strips. It was a constant struggle keeping everyone onboard.
    - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.