‘Not humane’: PETA rips AOC for buying and caging a dog

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

Animal rights organization PETA wagged their finger at Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for buying a dog instead of getting one from a shelter.

“With the millions of homeless dogs out there, you apparently chose to buy a purebred puppy instead of adopting one from an animal shelter,” PETA president Ingrid Newkirk said in a Thursday letter to the New York Democrat. “Right this minute, on Petfinder alone, there are more than 110,000 dogs — including French bulldogs — who need homes. Animal shelters are bursting at the seams with hundreds of thousands more, many of whom will be ‘put to sleep’ for lack of a home.”
'Not humane': PETA rips AOC for buying and caging a dog - ENM NEWS

PETA, the only people that can make AOC look sane.

I brought a pure bred dog. I don't want to adopt other people's problems. I was bringing this animal into my home, and I wanted to be sure that it would be friendly to my guests, and not bite them, let alone my child.

So, flush that virtue signaling shit. And I tell people that all the time, when they start telling me about their stupid rescue animals.
The breed of the dog has nothing to do with whether it will be friendly or bite

All dog behavior is a result of how the owner trains and raises the animal.

I've had purebred huskies and golden retrievers I've had mutts and I have had shelter dogs and they were all well behaved wonderful dogs because I made them be that way

There are some breeds that have a higher propensity to bite.
Chows being one of them.
The wife raised hers from a pup and at two it decided she didnt put the food bowl down fast enough for its liking and it bit the shit out of her without warning.

Her fault not the dog's fault

ALL dog behavior is determined by the owner.

If you have as much experience with dogs as you say you do you should know this

well cages are humane for dogs. I hate to side with AOC, but I am a dog owner and I have a cage that my one dog just loves. We leave the door open and he lays in there all the fking time, although he has complete run of the house. funny how PETA is really the evil here to dogs. Cages are like caves for them, dogs like cave enclosures, it is part of the pack mentality thing they live with.
All my dogs are crate trained as well.

There is nothing cruel about it

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

Animal rights organization PETA wagged their finger at Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for buying a dog instead of getting one from a shelter.

“With the millions of homeless dogs out there, you apparently chose to buy a purebred puppy instead of adopting one from an animal shelter,” PETA president Ingrid Newkirk said in a Thursday letter to the New York Democrat. “Right this minute, on Petfinder alone, there are more than 110,000 dogs — including French bulldogs — who need homes. Animal shelters are bursting at the seams with hundreds of thousands more, many of whom will be ‘put to sleep’ for lack of a home.”

I brought a pure bred dog. I don't want to adopt other people's problems. I was bringing this animal into my home, and I wanted to be sure that it would be friendly to my guests, and not bite them, let alone my child.

So, flush that virtue signaling shit. And I tell people that all the time, when they start telling me about their stupid rescue animals.

I've had purebred huskies and golden retrievers I've had mutts and I have had shelter dogs and they were all well behaved wonderful dogs because I made them be that way

Chows being one of them.
The wife raised hers from a pup and at two it decided she didnt put the food bowl down fast enough for its liking and it bit the shit out of her without warning.

Scientific studies say different.

https://www.knrlegal.com/dog-breeds-frequently-bite-humans/

There certainly are dog breeds that tend to bite more frequently than others.

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

Your achievement is very impressive, good for you.

But breed does matter. That you can work with different breeds and get them all properly trained, does not mean that the starting point is that same.

My observations of dogs in public, shows real differences, generally speaking, between different breeds.

All dogs can be properly trained as I said it doesn't matter if you need to adjust that training for any dog

I've had dogs of the same breed that needed completely different training styles

I had one husky that was meek and timid and needed a very gentle hand. I had another that needed a very firm hand. I could have both of them off leash anywhere and they were both equally well behaved

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

Chows being one of them.

That is not a "scientific" study

It is a set of statistics and there is no mention of training.

I have had a pit bull and a few pit bull mixes and they were wonderful animals because I made them that way.

Dogs behave badly because of their owners failures

Chows being one of them.

I have had a pit bull and a few pit bull mixes and they were wonderful animals because I made them that way.

I agree to a certain extent.
Boxers are on the list of those with a propensity to bite but the only one I had of the 8 that bit was the rescue.
But that doesnt change the fact that some breeds are more likely to bite than others.
The Wifes Chow is a perfect example.

Chows being one of them.

Boxers are on the list of those with a propensity to bite but the only one I had of the 8 that bit was the rescue.
But that doesnt change the fact that some breeds are more likely to bite than others.

Your wife's Chow bit her because it wasn't trained properly not because it was a Chow.

None of my dogs will touch their food until I tell them to.

I could put a steak on the floor in front of my 3 dogs and say "Leave it" and they will sit there and look at me waiting for me to say "OK"

The same goes with their food dishes or any scrap of food that hits the floor while cooking etc.

It never mattered what breed the dogs were or if I got them from a shelter

meanwhile, they've been caught killing the animals they take in.

Chows being one of them.

Your wife's Chow bit her because it wasn't trained properly not because it was a Chow.

I could put a steak on the floor in front of my 3 dogs and say "Leave it" and they will sit there and look at me waiting for me to say "OK"

The same goes with their food dishes or any scrap of food that hits the floor while cooking etc.

She trained dogs and won state championships with them.

And yet she couldn't train a dog not to lunge for food?

The dog was very well trained and hadnt been aggressive in the past....until that day.

The dog was very well trained and hadnt been aggressive in the past....until that day.

I find that hard to believe

A well behaved well trained dog does not suddenly become aggressive for no reason

I find that hard to believe

A well behaved well trained dog does not suddenly become aggressive for no reason

Chows are notorious for this kind of behavior.
Chow Puppy Suddenly Bites Person in the Face

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

I'm with AOC here. AOC can win a crap ton of brownie points by telling PETA to fuck off.

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

I'm with AOC here. AOC can win a crap ton of brownie points by telling PETA to fuck off.

With Republicans yeah....not that that will help her in anyway.

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

With Republicans yeah....not that that will help her in anyway.

Don't care who one is, they get to decied where they get their dog. Not like PETA has any pull anyway. They got their own issues.

Shocking Photos: PETA’s Secret Slaughter of Kittens, PuppiesI'm

Shocking Photos: PETA's Secret Slaughter of Kittens, Puppies | HuffPost

She wants the best.

3lppx2.gif

Your achievement is very impressive, good for you.

But breed does matter. That you can work with different breeds and get them all properly trained, does not mean that the starting point is that same.

My observations of dogs in public, shows real differences, generally speaking, between different breeds.

All dogs can be properly trained as I said it doesn't matter if you need to adjust that training for any dog

I've had dogs of the same breed that needed completely different training styles

I had one husky that was meek and timid and needed a very gentle hand. I had another that needed a very firm hand. I could have both of them off leash anywhere and they were both equally well behaved

Even it is true that "any dog can be properly trained" that does not mean that breeds are different and different breeds tend to different traits.

Chows being one of them.

In your opinion are some breeds more forgiving of lax training styles than others?

He found out his ultimate destination is her dinner table and he did not like that.

Forum List

Back