Not All Christians Are Homo-Haters

I answered that question awhile back. God sees practicing homosexuals as reprobate, in biblical terms it means they are refused, rejected by God...not worthy of being saved. There are sins greater than others. Homosexual behavior is just one of them.

Yep, we have mortal sins and venial sins. Are you Catholic?

Now my understanding is that it's not necessarily saying those that may struggle with same sex attraction are reprobate, but those who practice and advocate for homosexuality, proud of it....those are reprobates.

Yes, you have to repent and submit yourself to God's will to be forgiven. That does not mean you wont stop sinning, but it does mean you will not promote sinful behavior.

So the people waving those rainbow flags at parades and performing sex acts in the streets....they are reprobate. A homosexual who doesn't give into the temptation is not a reprobate, they still have a chance.

A penitent homosexual has just as much chance of going through the pearly gates as anyone else that is struggling with sin. Some do better than others. There are people who have homosexual predisposition and yet have never had homosexual sex in their entire lives. There are people who are liars and lie with almost every breath.

It will be easier for the fagot than the liar when they stand before St Peter.
I'm an Independent Baptist actually. Being of Hispanic descent, I was baptized in the Roman Catholic church but my parents left before I can even remember and went through several denominations before settling at an old fashioned, fire and brimstone Baptist church. On the second part, I agree. 3rd I agree as well. Imagine how strong someone with same sex attraction would have to be to refuse temptation nowadays, since it's all out in the open.

No, God's idea of love is very different from ours, I am aware of that.

I'm simply saying if God views the practice of homosexuality as sinful, how is any other sinful practice different?
Only God can say who is save or who is not.

We are to be the salt and light. Not condemn and avoid the unsaved.

Have you ever heard of the great commission?
I answered that question awhile back. God sees practicing homosexuals as reprobate, in biblical terms it means they are refused, rejected by God...not worthy of being saved. There are sins greater than others. Homosexual behavior is just one of them. Now my understanding is that it's not necessarily saying those that may struggle with same sex attraction are reprobate, but those who practice and advocate for homosexuality, proud of it....those are reprobates.

So the people waving those rainbow flags at parades and performing sex acts in the streets....they are reprobate. A homosexual who doesn't give into the temptation is not a reprobate, they still have a chance.

What other sins would you put in the same classification with homosexuality?
"I" don't put any sins in any classification, God does. He is clear about them in the bible
Brb

According to you 99.9 percent of american Christians aren't really christian. As a christian I don't believe that.

Acts 16:31

"Believe on the lord Jesus Christ and thou will be saved, and thy house"

Hard to dispute this.

James chapter 2

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.

19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[d]?

21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar?

22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”[e] and he was called God’s friend.

24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

Here is a great description of what makes a sinner reprobate:
"Question: "What does it mean to have a reprobate mind?"

Answer:
The phrase “reprobate mind” is found in Romans 1:28 in reference to those whom God has rejected as godless and wicked. They “suppress the truth by their wickedness,” and it is upon these people that the wrath of God rests (Romans 1:18). The Greek word translated “reprobate” in the New Testament is adokimos, which means literally “unapproved, that is, rejected; by implication, worthless (literally or morally).”

Paul describes two men named Jannes and Jambres as those who “resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith" (2 Timothy 3:8). Here the reprobation is regarding the resistance to the truth because of corrupt minds. In Titus, Paul also refers to those whose works are reprobate: “They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate” (Titus 1:16). Therefore, the reprobate mind is one that is corrupt and worthless.

As we can see in the verses above, people who are classified as having a reprobate mind have some knowledge of God and perhaps know of His commandments. However, they live impure lives and have very little desire to please God. Those who have reprobate minds live corrupt and selfish lives. Sin is justified and acceptable to them. The reprobates are those whom God has rejected and has left to their own devices.

Can a Christian have a reprobate mind? Someone who has sincerely accepted Jesus Christ by faith will not have this mindset because the old person with a reprobate mind has been recreated into a new creation: “The old has passed away; behold, the new has come” (2 Corinthians 5:17). Christians are basically “new” people. We live differently and speak differently. Our world is centered on our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and how we can serve Him. Also, if we are truly in the faith, we will have the Holy Spirit to help us live a God-honoring life (John 14:26). Those with reprobate minds do not have the Spirit and live only for themselves."

They were getting ready to stone a woman for adultery.
He told the people getting ready to stone her that the one without sin could cast the first stone, and they all walked away.

That whole situation was a set up, and the woman likely seduced into that situation as it was in the day time and just as Jesus got to her village. The set up was to put Jesus between the proverbial rock and a hard place, for if He had said 'Stone her' he would have been in trouble with the Romans who took for themselves the sole right to perform death sentences, and had He said 'No, do not stone her' He would have been portrayed as contradicting the Prophets.

The stoning commands were to the Jewish government, not vigilantes roaming through villages, and though the state has no sin, vigilantes do.

So He brilliantly took the third option and questioned the authority and moral fitness of any human being to judge and execute punishment on another person. That is solely the authority and role of the GOVERNMENT, not day to day people on the street.

Everyone sins.

But not everyone repents.

We all are offered the free gift of salvation, for our sins to be covered with the blood of Jesus.

But many reject that offer.

There are many people that have not yet accepted this gift, we are to love them ....

And did not God love the people of Sodom as well?

I can love like that.

And did not God love the people of Sodom as well?

I can love like that.

I agree, I was thinking of Lot.... incest....

Lot is such a tragic figure.

He loved freedom and prosperity like I and most Americans do.

And yet in the end, he lost everything because he placed wealth above the love of God and God's Righteousness while still being a righteous man himself.

I don't believe in gods or religion, but am aware that it's simply possible (agnostic).

In the older Bibles (before the modern/secular changes) it has always been that homosexuality is sin, and that God loves everyone. Yes, it's said we are not to judge, but that doesn't mean to turn a blind eye regarding sin either. Everyone sins, supposedly. Believing homosexuality is sinful does not mean you hate the person. If hating sin meant hating people then everyone would hate everyone. People have different ideas about homosexuality. For one, there's no scientific explanation for it (same with religion). No 'nature' to it. Personally I'm a fan of the brilliant Milo Yiannopoulos and his take on it being more 'nurture,' environmental.

Ending, I think it's a mystery. You can't say people are born with it when you don't know that and there's literally no biological underpinning for it. Likewise, outside of the realm of religion you can't really declare it's sin because religion cannot be backed or disproven by science either. Do I think you MUST accept it 100%? Absolutely not. Does it make you a bigot if you think independently and ask questions? Absolutely not. Should you take away people's rights and/or treat them less than what general human beings deserve? NO. I may personally find the act of homosexuality disgusting, but I'd have zero problem breaking bread with homosexual people and other people, too, if I found things in their characters and personalities that caused me to like them as friends. It's a rare and wonderful thing when you can respectfully argue with a homosexual friend on your views honestly and civilly and still remain good friends afterwards.

Forum List

Back