Norwegian Air to offer U.S.-Europe fares starting at $65 one way

Why would anyone want to live in Norway? Been there. It's like Canada, one month per year of 'not freeze your ass off' weather.

Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA plans to offer transatlantic flights on 10 new routes between the United States and Europe with tickets starting at $65 one way

.....those Norwegian folks are nice, nice people. finally a country has opened its borders to US refugees, nice work and a request goes out for the next asylum seeker..... kiss one of them broads fer me!

And you can't figure out why they lowered their prices seriously.

Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA plans to offer transatlantic flights on 10 new routes between the United States and Europe with tickets starting at $65 one way

.....those Norwegian folks are nice, nice people. finally a country has opened its borders to US refugees, nice work and a request goes out for the next asylum seeker..... kiss one of them broads fer me!

And you can't figure out why they lowered their prices seriously.

Try nobody wants to visit there because just like France, Italy, Germany
Jesus you people are on another planet these Countries are losing tourist, that alone should tell you WHY they do not want to admit the real events going on caused by ILLEGALS destroying these Countries.

2014 and you can bet it's a hell of a lot worse at this stage of the game.

Norway home to 15,000 illegal immigrants

Norway home to 15,000 illegal immigrants

Some of you might want to actually read the article. The flights are available to different locations in Europe. The $65 flights will take you to among other places, Ireland and Scotland. More options are available from the Icelandic air service, WOW for $70.
About Ireland, you can get a round-trip bus pass at the terminal doors that will take you to several locations for about $10. A cheap hostel bed and shower to sleep off your day and night of Irish Pub hopping will cost about the same as your airline ticket.

If I spoke Norwegian I'd already be there
Don't let the language barrier stop you.,,,

There is no language barrier.

If you speak English there isn't anywhere in the world you'd have a language barrier.

I wouldn't say that. In major cities, except perhaps for the backseats of Parisian taxicabs, no, one won't encounter one that's anything more than momentarily inconvenient. Certainly getting along in tourist oriented places -- posh stores, restaurants, hotels, etc. -- is not a problem, but even in places like Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam or Luxembourg where nearly everyone speaks English to a reasonable degree, there's plenty one'll come by that isn't written in English. (Believe it or not, most natives in Amsterdam speak a better grade of English than do many Americans.) Go to a grocer or drugstore and one'll immediately know what I mean. Also, once one gets into the exurbs of non-English speaking countries, and it can be a very different matter. One doesn't want to end up there with no previously arranged way to get out of there. LOL (Of course, if one is okay with sleeping in a chair or on a bench in a train/bus station, by all means, make an adventure out it....)

If I spoke Norwegian I'd already be there
Don't let the language barrier stop you.,,,

There is no language barrier.

If you speak English there isn't anywhere in the world you'd have a language barrier.

I wouldn't say that. In major cities, except perhaps for the backseats of Parisian taxicabs, no, one won't encounter one that's anything more than momentarily inconvenient. Certainly getting along in tourist oriented places -- posh stores, restaurants, hotels, etc. -- is not a problem, but even in places like Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam or Luxembourg where nearly everyone speaks English to a reasonable degree, there's plenty one'll come by that isn't written in English. (Believe it or not, most natives in Amsterdam speak a better grade of English than do many Americans.) Go to a grocer or drugstore and one'll immediately know what I mean. Also, once one gets into the exurbs of non-English speaking countries, and it can be a very different matter. One doesn't want to end up there with no previously arranged way to get out of there. LOL (Of course, if one is okay with sleeping in a chair or on a bench in a train/bus station, by all means, make an adventure out it....)

I've traveled to nearly every country in the world and NEVER had an issue.

BTW; Those 'Parisian' Cab Driver's do speak English. They, as well as Cab Drivers in the US like to play dumb for financial gain. Pay a little extra for the English switch to be turned on.

Why don't you book a flight for you and your boyfriend?

They love fudge packers, and might even give you and him the honeymoon suite at a discount. .. :cool:

why are you here ranting when Raqqah is under siege?

wow

Those fares are introductory and will not last. But when they go up they won't go up all that much.

A big chunk of the saving comes through using airports where landing fees are lower. Providence (RI) is an excellent choice. Long runways; a new terminal and very low fees. PLUS excellent railroad connections to Boston and New York so it's a viable choice for people even in those cities seeking to save some money and avoid the madness of the Big-City terminals. Air traffic control situation is very good - almost never traffic delays and (important in winter) they know how to handle snow. Of course I am a bit prejudiced since, in my younger days I took light planes into Providence (Technically Theodore Francis Green Airport) to pick up friends arriving on the airlines and, sometimes, just a fly-in breakfast.

As to Norwegian: I have a flight booked with them from London to Boston next month for which I paid $223 of which $45 was for the flight and $178 was fees - mostly landing fees in Boston. My son used Norwegian last summer from Oakland to Berlin for $245 each way. He was quite pleased with their performance and rated it far better than the British Airways service he had previously used.

Note: Norwegian presently is flying all 787 series aircraft but, for the new services, will be using 737MAX planes, none of which have yet been delivered to them so there is some small possibility of the service starting up late if deliveries slip.

Those planes are going to bring BIG changes as they're the first of their size to be allowed on Trans-Atlantic flights. Cost of operation is a fraction of even the 757's (both are twin engine) which, until now, were the smallest on the routes. Smaller planes running profitably mean frequency of service can increase and there's enough business from the smaller, low-cost airports, to make for incredible new options.

Norway has pretty strict immigration and they didn't take in masses of Muslims like Sweden. They certainly didn't take a bunch of refugees. I read they only took in 1500 recently.

You liberals and anti-white progressive types wouldn't like it there. Too white for you.

I haven't been to anything like "every country in the world," but I have travelled to rural parts of the PRC (Xinjiang, apothecaries and a factory floor in Shenzhen, and a mountain village outside of Lanzhou), Czech Republic, Belize, Turkey, Indonesia, and Mexico and found myself in situations where nobody around spoke English and nothing was written in English.

I didn't have to go but a couple hours outside of Prague to be very thankful that I spoke a bit of French. In Ismir, it was a good thing I was traveling with friends who live there. In the PRC, my meager Mandarin, cell phone and English-Chinese dictionary allowed me to get by so long as there was a person around, but were I left to my own devices and having to read the Hanzi to make my way, well, I'd probably still be there.

As a tourist, or when doing things tourists might, and as part of an organized excursion, no, I've never had a problem. As indicated before, it's when one goes off the beaten path that one can have issues.

A big chunk of the saving comes through using airports where landing fees are lower. Providence (RI) is an excellent choice. Long runways; a new terminal and very low fees. PLUS excellent railroad connections to Boston and New York so it's a viable choice for people even in those cities seeking to save some money and avoid the madness of the Big-City terminals. Air traffic control situation is very good - almost never traffic delays and (important in winter) they know how to handle snow. Of course I am a bit prejudiced since, in my younger days I took light planes into Providence (Technically Theodore Francis Green Airport) to pick up friends arriving on the airlines and, sometimes, just a fly-in breakfast.

As to Norwegian: I have a flight booked with them from London to Boston next month for which I paid $223 of which $45 was for the flight and $178 was fees - mostly landing fees in Boston. My son used Norwegian last summer from Oakland to Berlin for $245 each way. He was quite pleased with their performance and rated it far better than the British Airways service he had previously used.

Note: Norwegian presently is flying all 787 series aircraft but, for the new services, will be using 737MAX planes, none of which have yet been delivered to them so there is some small possibility of the service starting up late if deliveries slip.

Those planes are going to bring BIG changes as they're the first of their size to be allowed on Trans-Atlantic flights. Cost of operation is a fraction of even the 757's (both are twin engine) which, until now, were the smallest on the routes. Smaller planes running profitably mean frequency of service can increase and there's enough business from the smaller, low-cost airports, to make for incredible new options.
When I lived in Boston, I didn't use Logan airport. It was expensive, cost a fortune to park, and I hated navigating the traffic to get there. I would drive to Providence (RI) and fly out of their airport. Cheaper, cleaner, and faster. ..... :cool:

When I lived in Boston, I didn't use Logan airport. It was expensive, cost a fortune to park, and I hated navigating the traffic to get there. I would drive to Providence (RI) and fly out of their airport. Cheaper, cleaner, and faster. .....

Thank you! I had forgotten to mention the really good highway link from Boston directly to TFG. They have some really nice parking facilities now but they are a bit spendy. If one is thinking to drive to TFG for the cheap flights also check with the near-airport motels; some have a deal where if you stay one night you can leave your car in their lot free for a week or more - and ride their shuttle for free to/from the airport. Sometimes the cost of the room works out to less than you'd pay for parking for the trip duration in the airport garage.

I haven't been to anything like "every country in the world," but I have travelled to rural parts of the PRC (Xinjiang, apothecaries and a factory floor in Shenzhen, and a mountain village outside of Lanzhou), Czech Republic, Belize, Turkey, Indonesia, and Mexico and found myself in situations where nobody around spoke English and nothing was written in English.

I didn't have to go but a couple hours outside of Prague to be very thankful that I spoke a bit of French. In Ismir, it was a good thing I was traveling with friends who live there. In the PRC, my meager Mandarin, cell phone and English-Chinese dictionary allowed me to get by so long as there was a person around, but were I left to my own devices and having to read the Hanzi to make my way, well, I'd probably still be there.

As a tourist, or when doing things tourists might, and as part of an organized excursion, no, I've never had a problem. As indicated before, it's when one goes off the beaten path that one can have issues.

So you had to travel to the bowels of a country to find natives that don't speak English?

Run Forest, Run!

Those fares are introductory and will not last. But when they go up they won't go up all that much.

The real reason; Norwegian Air is subsidized.

Forum List

Back