North Korean missile flies higher, farther than any previous test

Discussion in 'USMB Breaking News' started by dani67, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Admiral Rockwell Tory

Admiral Rockwell Tory Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,066
    You realize that MOABs are delivered by cargo aircraft.

2. Admiral Rockwell Tory

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,066
    You people keep using MOAB as a cure-all. The bomb is carried by a cargo aircraft, which is about as stealthy as the World Trade Center building. In order to get it to the target, you would have to neutralize the entire North Korean air defense capability. That's why we can use it in Afghanistan. They have nothing to prevent us from using it!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Admiral Rockwell Tory

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,066
    Quietly move them out?

You have gone from ridiculous to downright stupid!

Seoul SK has a population of 26 million people and is the world's 16th largest city! Quietly move them out?

Yeah, right!

4. Admiral Rockwell Tory

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,066
    How do you do maintenance on a submarine launched ballistic missile?

The answer is: You don't!

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  5. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,582

No, MOAB isn't a cure-all. But it is a weapon to be used in our arsenal. You make it sound like it is a weapon that can only be used on enemies so primitive that we shouldn't even need it in the first place. You tie up and weaken their defenses with other assaults, and while they are busy with them, you fly your MOAB in to its needed destination.

6. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,582
    No, what is ridiculous and stupid here is the suggestion that you are actually an "Admiral." What if Miami or some other coastal city were being borne down upon by a major hurricane? Are you saying we can't evacuate Miami? Or San Diego? You evacuate! All I meant was that you move them out over a period of time systematically, orderly, so as to draw as little attention to the evacuation for as long as possible. Don't make it look like a mass exodus. The longer you can do that, the better your chances and the fewer people come under threat of retaliation by N. Korea when you strike. What would you suggest, "Admiral," that we leave Seoul intact the day the war begins?

7. Admiral Rockwell Tory

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,066
    Yes, the only use for the MOAB is against hardened ground targets in a total air superiority environment.

My first specialty in the Navy was anti-air warfare. I served on two guided missile cruisers.

During those "other assaults", what the hell do you think that North Korea's artillery will be doing to the people of Seoul? Do you think their air defense missiles will just raise a white flag of surrender?

Your naivete is astounding!

8. Admiral Rockwell Tory

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,066
    Are you 10 years old? You don't think the North Koreans wouldn't notice? CNN and ever other major news organization would be broadcasting it 24/7!

I used to live in Florida. Evacuations of people who live in areas not prone to flooding are one sure way to get a lot of people killed unnecessarily when they get caught on highways when the storm hits. Ever see what hurricane force winds do to cars and trucks? A true Floridian stocks booze, hunkers down and waits!

Why don't you leave war to the professionals and stop pontificating bad science fiction?

9. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,582

Right, "Admiral." So in other words, your opinion is that North Korea is a war we cannot win! Kim Jong-Un has beaten us? As to the people of Seoul, like I said before, you get them out of there. Move them out. Move 'em. Out. Pack up and leave. Stat doing it now. Get 'em out. Stupid place to be, they are sitting ducks and THAAD can't protect them all. But as soon as the Norks launch their attack, we have them!

10. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,582
    Right, "Admiral," let's leave it up to pros like you. Just leave everyone in Seoul sitting right where they are at. Don't even TRY to move them. So what will Kim do, see people just relocating on highways in another country and count that as his justification for launching a war?