North Korea defector hails Trump's tough stance on hostile country

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Someone who knows of the horrors shows appreciate for the tough stance against N Korea. I concur.

North Korea defector hails Trump's tough stance on hostile country

LONDON – Hyeonseo Lee is one of the best-known defectors from North Korea. And, at only 37, one of the most outspoken about the North Korean regime, now led by Kim Jong Un.

“The North Korean regime really can control people,” she told Fox News, “I think they are the best dictator in the whole planet.”

After fleeing North Korea in 1997 when she was still in her teens and then following difficult years in China, she finally made it to South Korea and the West.

Her book, "The Girl with 7 Names," referring to the alias's she used during her escape, is a global best-seller

Her "Ted Talk" speech has been viewed online some 13 million times.

She "talks" about "slavery" under the rigid regimes of Kim Jong Un's father and grandfather.

“We only receive thus much and we don’t have enough,” she explained, “that’s how we automatically became the slave of the regime.”

She witnessed executions, indoctrination, and a famine in the '90s, which left an estimated million dead and abandoned.

“Because of so many dead bodies, certain people’s job was to get rid of the bodies, with carts,” she recounted.

She was also taught about enemy No. 1, America, she said.

Far more interesting and important is China's tougher stance on North Korea. Refusing coal shipments is a huge blow to Kim. And while I think his bombast is reckless, Trump has said all along that China has to lead the way and he's leaning on them pretty hard to do it.

Forum List

Back