North County Carlsbad to photograph every car entering city

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Carlsbad is expanding its use of automated license plate readers into a system that aims to collect the registration information of every vehicle that enters the city.

The $1 million Police Department project — which will add stationary cameras at 14 key Carlsbad intersections, creating a virtual gateway at the city’s borders — was approved by the City Council last week, sparking outrage over privacy rights and government control from several residents and one council member.

Four council members, however, said they’re confident the information can .........................................
North County Carlsbad to photograph every car entering city

“To me, $1 million is a drop in the bucket when you are trying to protect 100,000 or more people."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gotta love how they sell this bs to the idiots that support it and vote it in, LMAO it will keep you so safe from the boogie man terrorist.

I've become comfortably numb to it all. I am not even sure I care? Never-ending assault, no where to hide. Edit: add, I got nothing to hide but driving offenses.

Last edited:
This seems like a very effective tool for police investigaters. Perfect for amber alert situations.

Forum List

Back