Nordic Nations Agree: Russia Is Europe's Biggest Threat

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calling Russia the biggest challenge to European security, Nordic nations agreed on closer defense ties and increased solidarity with the Baltic states on Thursday, aiming to increase regional security through deterrence.Writing in a joint declaration, the defense ministers of Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark and Iceland said Northern Europe must prepare for possible crises or incidents because of Russia.

Finland, which borders Russia, and Sweden are not members of NATO but have increased cooperation with the trans-Atlantic alliance, and the joint declaration has been among their strongest responses to Russia's aggression.

"Russia's actions are the biggest challenge to the European security," the ministers said. "Russia's propaganda and political maneuvering are contributing to sowing discord between nations, and inside organizations like NATO and the EU."
Nordic Nations Agree Russia Is Europe s Biggest Threat Business The Moscow Times

I am not surprised. I don't think they are the biggest challenge to the European security.

Calling Russia the biggest challenge to European security, Nordic nations agreed on closer defense ties and increased solidarity with the Baltic states on Thursday, aiming to increase regional security through deterrence.Writing in a joint declaration, the defense ministers of Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark and Iceland said Northern Europe must prepare for possible crises or incidents because of Russia.

Finland, which borders Russia, and Sweden are not members of NATO but have increased cooperation with the trans-Atlantic alliance, and the joint declaration has been among their strongest responses to Russia's aggression.

"Russia's actions are the biggest challenge to the European security," the ministers said. "Russia's propaganda and political maneuvering are contributing to sowing discord between nations, and inside organizations like NATO and the EU."
Nordic Nations Agree Russia Is Europe s Biggest Threat Business The Moscow Times

I am not surprised. I don't think they are the biggest challenge to the European security.
Nations fearing other nations or other armies has been going on for many centuries, nothing new.

I do not think Russia is self-destructive enough to take on the whole world. They have their dispute with Ukraine and now the European narrative is Russian expansionism whipping up war sentiments even in the USA.

Finland is just going to erase math and english from the syllabus. So what is the biggest threat of the Finns? Russia or their own government?

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI P6-U06 mit Tapatalk 2

I do not think Russia is self-destructive enough to take on the whole world. They have their dispute with Ukraine and now the European narrative is Russian expansionism whipping up war sentiments even in the USA.

I don't either. I don't think they are in any position and I don't think that this is necessarily what they want. Rather than be dependent on resources they simply want to own it.

Forum List

Back