Nonunion Ala. crews turned away from Sandy recovery

Why do Conservatives make up lies to support their twisted agenda when a Natural Disaster hits?

Have they no decency?

Check the story befire you run your mouth idiot

Why does the right wing constantly fabricate lies to prove their agenda? We know you hate unions, why do you lie to support your position?

Non Union Workers Were Not Turned Away Says JCP&L

There is no validity to rumors that non-union crews were denied permission to help restore power, says Jersey Central Power and Light.

JCP&L spokesman Ron Morano says the rumors that claimed crews from Alabama were denied entry to help Seaside Heights because of non union affiliation are completely unfounded. He says the utility has not turned away any crews, in fact they worked with their union to allow non union crews to help in the time of crisis.“Everyone understands that this is an all hands on deck event, and everyone is working together to get customers restored to service as quickly and safely as possible.”

Last edited:
Now that's what I call "credibility"! :lol:

I read the story, it is a 'some guy said' story.

Read it yourself...

Nonunion Ala. crews turned away from Sandy recovery - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

I have no doubt this story is true.

When I was a young man, I worked for both a union and non union utility.

This is exactly how they are.

"At this stage, it is not clear who is alleged to have turned the crew away and the company that employs the affected workers has denied the claim. IBEW local leaders in New Jersey have reiterated what has been the long standing record of our union –in times of crisis all help is welcome and we pull together with everyone to meet the needs of the public. We have communicated this to the office of New Jersey Governor Christie as well," said IBEW President Ed Hill.

Turn off Fox.
It's bad news for America.

"At this stage, it is not clear who is alleged to have turned the crew away and the company that employs the affected workers has denied the claim. IBEW local leaders in New Jersey have reiterated what has been the long standing record of our union –in times of crisis all help is welcome and we pull together with everyone to meet the needs of the public. We have communicated this to the office of New Jersey Governor Christie as well," said IBEW President Ed Hill.

Turn off Fox.

How about this turn off ABC NBC and CBS IT'S BAD NEWS.

I heard an audio (possibly the audio part of a video) and a NJ union member was yelling "scab" to the volunteers from Alabama, yelling that they were taking food from their families, presumably they would lose pay because of the volunteers. He yelled Go home scumbag! repeatedly.

It was played on the Sean Hannity radio show just now.

Other reports say they moved on to Long Island, NY after being stopped in NJ.

Last edited:

Turn off Fox.

How about this turn off ABC NBC and CBS IT'S BAD NEWS.

It's not even news... They're the "All Obama, all the time" stations.

I heard an audio (possibly the audio part of a video) and a NJ union member was yelling "scab" to the volunteers from Alabama, yelling that they were taking food from their families, presumably they would lose pay because of the volunteers. He yelled Go home! repeatedly.

It was played on the Sean Hannity show just now.

Other reports say they moved on to Long Island, NY after being stopped.

Did Sean Hannity play that?

The crew from Alabama never reached the affected area. They turned around in Virginia and went home

The crew, which was at a staging area in Virginia as the company awaited “clarification,” eventually returned to Alabama on Thursday after getting word that Seaside Heights had received the help it sought, Hardin said in a statement.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/11/alabama_utility_crew_needed_un.html

Last edited:
I heard an audio (possibly the audio part of a video) and a NJ union member was yelling "scab" to the volunteers from Alabama, yelling that they were taking food from their families, presumably they would lose pay because of the volunteers. He yelled Go home! repeatedly.

It was played on the Sean Hannity show just now.

Other reports say they moved on to Long Island, NY after being stopped.

Did Sean Hannity play that?

The crew from Alabama never reached the affected area. They turned around in Virginia and went home

The crew, which was at a staging area in Virginia as the company awaited “clarification,” eventually returned to Alabama on Thursday after getting word that Seaside Heights had received the help it sought, Hardin said in a statement.

He played it and it was very convincing audio
"That's who you're hurtn' Fn' scumbags, go home, you're hurting our families scumbag"

I've been seeing this all over the net

Yea, all the usual right wing echo chamber suspects...Breitbart, Malkin, the blaze who will take a lie and metastasize it. It is a cancer on our society.

Hey Steph, is your boyfriend a 'French model'??? :lol::lol::lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmx4twCK3_I]State Farm® - State of Disbelief (French Model) - YouTube[/ame]

I had to go to work so sorry I couldn't jump when you wanted:up_yours:

I hope they don't get power back for months.....

Sorry... turning away help becasue they are not union workers..... fuck the whole lot of them!

SEASIDE HEIGHTS, New Jersey - Crews from Huntsville Utilities and Decatur Utilities are among many that made their way to the hurricane-ravaged East Coast only to be turned away in New Jersey, according to a WAFF 48 News report.

Derrick Moore, one of the Decatur workers, told the North Alabama station they were told by crews in New Jersey that since they are not union employees, they are not allowed to work.

Because Alabama utility crews not union, New Jersey turns away help in wake of Sandy | al.com

How many times today has some wingnut rushed to the board with this? I count three in just the last few hours.

What bullshit.

You wish misery on everyone here because of the "supposed" actions of a few?

Un-fucking-believable.

Should I have stopped working to place people from Mississippi because of a few murderous cops?

Good to see the humanity of some conservatives here.

Forum List

Back