Non-Partisan Media

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
I've been wondering, are there any non-partisan media outlets out there?

Newspaper? Magazine? T.V.? Websites? Radio?

If so, could you please tell me where they are?

By nature all 'news' outlets have a bias, the question is do they try to keep it confined to the editorializing or do they interject it into news coverage and choice of what to cover?

alternative media outlets are out there, you just have to search for them and many report stories based on facts not political agendas...too many of us out there fail to realize this because we have been brainwashed by corporate media entities such as abc, nbc, cbs fox, cnn..etc into thinking that what they put out is all there is.

the Mclaughlin group but it isn't really truly a news show. I like to watch it for one you get both sides at the same time. ANd Cspan but who can stay awake to watch that.

the closest I can come to non partisian is c-span and that only includes a few shows like Washington Journal.. they sit around and read news stories and people call in on 3 diff. lines,,

It is radio but there is also NPR, it is the only news radio show that I know of that both sides listen to. It is also nice to live in a city that is literally split down the middle because most news stations here non partisan not that they really get into all that anyways but they never back one canidate over the other.

I've been wondering, are there any non-partisan media outlets out there?

Newspaper? Magazine? T.V.? Websites? Radio?

If so, could you please tell me where they are?

Sorry, but you won't find any. Media isn't about fact, it's about entertainment. Partisanship is "in" right now, and as long as it keeps giving them higher ratings, they will keep using it. Thank the shock jocks like Rush and Howard for that.

and the one thing that sucks about NPR is they play it in a loop. When I used to listen to while I worked I would here the loop a few times but the guys I was working with would not change it.

It is radio but there is also NPR, it is the only news radio show that I know of that both sides listen to. It is also nice to live in a city that is literally split down the middle because most news stations here non partisan not that they really get into all that anyways but they never back one canidate over the other.

So would you say that NPR has commentators from all political sides, proportionately? And the hosts treat all with the same sort of respect?

I heard that NPR stands for Non-Partisan Radio.

Was I misinformed?
yes it is non partisan but it stands for National Public Radio

National? Public?

I don't know, that sounds commie to me.
most of it is paid for by donations just like PBS. A small amount of funding comes from the government. Now the US owning a majority of a car company and bailing out the banks is about as communist as you can get here.

Forum List

Back