Nolte: We’re All Safer When the Constitution Protects a Bill Cosby

sure snd we have one, the court can order witnesses to appear on the defense behalf

that has nothing to do with SOL. Nor does it guarantee witnesses...just the process to bring them in
Think for once. If after 5 years or 10 years the witness is dead. The court can't order them to appear.
If after 5 years or 10 years the witness can on longer remember what happened.

The court can't compel witnesses to come back to life or remember events from long ago. Hence without being able to provide that constitutional guarantee, it effectively imposes a statute of limitations. The actual SOL's just standardizes the principle.

sure snd we have one, the court can order witnesses to appear on the defense behalf

that has nothing to do with SOL. Nor does it guarantee witnesses...just the process to bring them in
Think for once. If after 5 years or 10 years the witness is dead. The court can't order them to appear.
If after 5 years or 10 years the witness can on longer remember what happened.

The court can't compel witnesses to come back to life or remember events from long ago. Hence without being able to provide that constitutional guarantee, it effectively imposes a statute of limitations. The actual SOL's just standardizes the principle.
correct if you are dead you can’t be ordered to appear.

the 6th amendment doesn’t give defendants the right to witnesses...it gives them a right to a process in which you can get witnesses into court.

The process is guaranteed. As such the process has to be proven to work in the vast majority of cases.

If that threshold fails after 3 years or 5 years or 10 years, that becomes the statute of limitations.

The process is guaranteed. As such the process has to be proven to work in the vast majority of cases.

If that threshold fails after 3 years or 5 years or 10 years, that becomes the statute of limitations.
yeah it is, and it works...no it has to work all the time..and it does. the US Marshalls, and sheriffs office do a great job of serving people with subpoenas. If people are properly served and fail to appear willfully they are show caused or a capias is issued and they get arrested or served

That’s all that’s guaranteed.

face it you were wrong.

yeah it is, and it works...noit has to work all the time..and it does. the US Marshalls, and sheriffs office do a great job of serving people with subpoenas. If people are properly served and fail to appear willfully they are show caused or a capias is issued and they get arrested or served

face it you were wrong.
You just proved i'm right. As is obvious, the marshalls aren't 100% able to serve people, who over time move to locals inside and outside their jurisdiction.

As time goes on, their percentage of success drops. Those thresholds are what determines the statute of limitations, which is then codified based on the assumptions of success.

Criminal Statute Of Limitations In Virginia | Leesburg Criminal ...

One reason for statutes of limitations is that evidence that may have been available to exonerate someone from the crime may have been lost or decayed. It puts the defendant in an unfair situation to rely on evidence that may not be available.

yeah it is, and it works...noit has to work all the time..and it does. the US Marshalls, and sheriffs office do a great job of serving people with subpoenas. If people are properly served and fail to appear willfully they are show caused or a capias is issued and they get arrested or served

face it you were wrong.
You just proved i'm right. As is obvious, the marshalls aren't 100% able to serve people, who over time move to locals inside and outside their jurisdiction.

As time goes on, their percentage of success drops. Those thresholds are what determines the statute of limitations, which is then codified based on the assumptions of success.
haha geez....of course they aren't always 100 percent...the Amendment doesn't promise that you will have witnesses....it doesn't gurantee that...it only promises you the process...ie...that we will have Marshalls, a Court Order etc to get them here...not that they will come, that we will find them, or that they are even a live.

Geez....I don't disagree that as time goes by, it's harder on both the State and the Defense to prove their case, or defend themselves from teh accusations, and that's why a lot of Govts have created SOLs on some crimes.

That however, is not required or even mentioned in the Constitution....SOLs are legislative creations

we all are safer because the PA Supreme Court upheld the Constitutional safe guards in this case.

This case, and there have been many others, is an example of what happens when someone is targeted and mob rule as opposed to the rule of law is followed.
Cosby got off on a technicality, hell he even admitted he was drugging women.
The US Constitution isn't a "technicality" - with that said, yeah he did....I in no way said what he did was right, or supported him personally....but I do support the US Constitution, and the rule of law.

Which just upsets leftist lynch mobs, and always has

When was the last time there was a lynching in the U.S. ?

we all are safer because the PA Supreme Court upheld the Constitutional safe guards in this case.

This case, and there have been many others, is an example of what happens when someone is targeted and mob rule as opposed to the rule of law is followed.
That coerced admission is the very reason why he walked out of prison.
So he was coerced into admitting he raped someone, so you think 60 women are ALL lying on Bill.

The US Constitution isn't a "technicality" - with that said, yeah he did....I in no way said what he did was right, or supported him personally....but I do support the US Constitution, and the rule of law.

Which just upsets leftist lynch mobs, and always has

When was the last time there was a lynching in the U.S. ?
disagree, what the dems did to Justice Thomas was a modern day high-tech lynching

Cosby was guilty of being a black man who exercised his right to freedom of thought and speech, and the democrat party

HATED HIM

For wandering off the democrat party plantation
Exactly.....even though a registered democrat he refused to follow the 'party line'.....this sort of thing originated in Stalinist Russia aka anyone who refused to follow the 'party line' got sent to Siberia.
Any Republican who spoke out against trump got crucified. John McCain, sessions, bolton, tillerson, maddox, omorosa, michael Cohen, pence, barr. R u kidding?
Any swamper for sure. And he had some in his administration.

No....there were too many women claiming rape for all of them to have been lying.

Cosby a guilty man goes free because he was denied the ability to cite the 5th admendment ....aka forced to incriminate himself......if he was innocent he would not have been able to incriminate himself.

Cosby's constitutional rights were violated and the court thus freed him.....for that and for that alone.
Correct! Cosby is a scumbag, Those who lied are scumbags. The prosecutors who tried to pull a fast one in violation of the Fifth Amendment are scumbags. Scumbags everywhere, and the decision to reverse Cosby's conviction was the right one.

Last edited:
Another oddity about this case is that it was liberal pressure that brought about the trial and conviction of cosby....as in the liberal narrative of abused women over-ruled the liberal narrative of black victim-hood.

Cosby was taken down primarily because he dared to talk about what blacks needed to do to improve their lot....white liberals simply could not stand the fact that a black man dared to reveal the truth about his fellow blacks

He wasn't put on trial because he was a pathetic Uncle Tom.

He was put on trial because he drugged and molested women. Unfortunately, due to his stature, most of those women didn't come forward until after the Statue of Limitations had passed.

The one case they could bring to trial was ruined by a DA making a sweetheart deal to settle a civil suit to get a win in his column.

He wasn't put on trial because he was a pathetic Uncle Tom.

He was put on trial because he drugged and molested women. Unfortunately, due to his stature, most of those women didn't come forward until after the Statue of Limitations had passed.

The one case they could bring to trial was ruined by a DA making a sweetheart deal to settle a civil suit to get a win in his column.
um the DA doesn't settle civil suits.....they aren't involved in civil suits...they don't get the Ws in their column s on civil suits.

an Uncle Tom? Racist much? geez.....thanks for highlighting it for us all

Any Republican who spoke out against trump got crucified. John McCain, sessions, bolton, tillerson, maddox, omorosa, michael Cohen, pence, barr. R u kidding?
McCain deserved to be crucified for being a terrorist loving piece of shit. The others I really can't say one way or another. In Sessions defense, he was always an establishment placeholder until Trump solidified himself in DC.

um the DA doesn't settle civil suits.....they aren't involved in civil suits...they don't get the Ws in their column s on civil suits.

an Uncle Tom? Racist much? geez.....thanks for highlighting it for us all

Cosby is the classic example of an Uncle Tom... someone who is more concerned about white people liking him.

The DA made a deal with Cosby to get testimony to be used in the civil suit with the promise that he could not use the statements in any criminal action. This is why Cosby went free (as he should have.) This nimrod later got an appointment in the Trump Administration because of course he did.

Cosby is the classic example of an Uncle Tom... someone who is more concerned about white people liking him.

The DA made a deal with Cosby to get testimony to be used in the civil suit with the promise that he could not use the statements in any criminal action. This is why Cosby went free (as he should have.) This nimrod later got an appointment in the Trump Administration because of course he did.
hahahhah yeah....that's what he was....

by the way did you know Uncle Tom was actually the hero of the novel? Did you ever even read it? Leftist use that term to mock African-Americans today that have left the plantation, in the novel, the oppressive leftist, tried without success in beating him to make him lose his faith in God, and he wouldn't.

I am not surprised the left thinks that something to put people down for.

hahahhah yeah....that's what he was....

by the way did you know Uncle Tom was actually the hero of the novel? Did you ever even read it? Leftist use that term to mock African-Americans today that have left the plantation, in the novel, the oppressive leftist, tried without success in beating him to make him lose his faith in God, and he wouldn't.

I am not surprised the left thinks that something to put people down for.

Oh, I agree, the thing is, in the book, Uncle Tom is the protagonist... but later black intellectuals saw him as the problem. People who are too subservient, too willing to please white folks. That's why it's become the angry epitatet it's become.

Sorry, man, the one thing I can see just from my lifetime, is white people don't make changes because you are nice to them. They make changes when you threaten to break their shit. This was the case in the 1960's, when my parents were terrified the riots would spread to our neighborhood. It was the case after Rodney King was beaten, and we got some reforms. And it was the case after the BLM riots.

Shouldn't be that way, but it is.

Oh, I agree, the thing is, in the book, Uncle Tom is the protagonist... but later black intellectuals saw him as the problem. People who are too subservient, too willing to please white folks. That's why it's become the angry epitatet it's become.

Sorry, man, the one thing I can see just from my lifetime, is white people don't make changes because you are nice to them. They make changes when you threaten to break their shit. This was the case in the 1960's, when my parents were terrified the riots would spread to our neighborhood. It was the case after Rodney King was beaten, and we got some reforms. And it was the case after the BLM riots.

Shouldn't be that way, but it is.

I don’t agree. I was raised in the ‘70’s and ‘80’s. I was raised to call all adults Sir or Ma’am. My Daddy would have torn the hide off me for disrespecting an adult. No matter the color. It never occurred to me to do so.

I was in the in the Army when the King Riots went alight. My folks were still in Los Angeles. As was my Brother and several other relatives.

I went home on Block Leave shortly afterwards. My Dad and I were drinking a beer in the back yard talking about it.

My Dad pointed out that the Prosecutor blew the case. He was distracted by the misdirection of the defense on describing which blow was excessive. My Dad said they could have gotten a conviction by working it backwards from the lie in the reports.

I remembered something my Father told me much earlier. We were watching a movie about the Civil Rights movement. My Dad said that anyone who saw color first, was a fool.

We were all White. But I still believe as he taught me. It isn’t a Black Man. It’s a man who is Black. It isn’t a Hispanic Woman. It’s a woman who is Hispanic. And pick a race and my view is the same.

We had every race you can imagine over to the house. People my Dad worked with. Or my Mom worked with. My Confirmation Sponsor was a fine man. He was Hispanic. And as good of a man as you could ask to know. Honorable and active in the Church I have since fallen away from.

My Father wasn’t afraid of races. He wasn’t afraid of differences. He didn’t care. My mother loved all her friends. No exceptions based upon race.

This is how I was raised. Not based in fear. But in love. Not driven by hatred. But by the idea that a Man stands up for another Man because it is right.

Much of my disdain for lies is based upon the teachings I received from my parents. My folks would have rather died than embrace any sort of racist philosophy.

View attachment 507861

Now some of course will take this as proof that cosby was innocent.....far from it.

Here is the gist of the case.

Another oddity about this case is that it was liberal pressure that brought about the trial and conviction of cosby....as in the liberal narrative of abused women over-ruled the liberal narrative of black victim-hood.

Cosby was taken down primarily because he dared to talk about what blacks needed to do to improve their lot....white liberals simply could not stand the fact that a black man dared to reveal the truth about his fellow blacks
Oh I thought he was prosecuted because he was drugging women and assaulting them. Would you have been ok with it if one of these women were your mother or sister.

Forum List

Back