Nobel committee honour genocide denier

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Protests grow as Peter Handke receives Nobel medal in Sweden

As Turkey joins Albania and Kosovo in boycotting Tuesday’s Nobel prize ceremony for Peter Handke over his support for Slobodan Milosevic’s genocidal regime, war correspondents from Christiane Amanpour to Jeremy Bowen are protesting his win by sharing their harrowing stories from the conflict in the former Yugoslavia.

The Austrian writer, whose stance on the Yugoslav wars of the 1990s and attendance at Milosevic’s funeral have been widely criticised, is due to receive his Nobel medal in Stockholm, where a large protest demonstration is expected.

What a strange decision.

That they can distinguish between his literary merits and his political views is refreshing, not perplexing.

He is a serb. --------My childhood playmates included a pair of sisters---
who were Serbs. That experience provided me with some insight into
the mess in Yugoslavia. It works like this. Serbs (eastern orthodox majority) hate catholics, Croatians (catholic majority) hate serbs. Bosnians (muslim majority) hate both and both hate Bosnians. They all have their own justifications

The Nobel Committee gave the prize to American William Shockley who was considered to be as racist as they come.

And the fact that they denied a Nobel Prize to Rush Limbaugh several years ago, tells me the outfit really could care less, as long as the recipients are libs.

The Nobel Committee gave the prize to American William Shockley who was considered to be as racist as they come.

And the fact that they denied a Nobel Prize to Rush Limbaugh several years ago, tells me the outfit really could care less, as long as the recipients are libs.

Shockley was not atypical-----I have known physicists who are utterly
clueless on matters of biology. It's like they are SAVANTS-----one
trick ponies

That they can distinguish between his literary merits and his political views is refreshing, not perplexing.
I would question if he had anything of value to say.

Is this anything of value what you say here? You did never read any word from Peter Handke on his own in the 1990íes in context of the implosion of Yugoslavia. You never read anything else from him too. But you have an opinion and you trust in the famous author Erdogan and his "critics". He had called Peter Handke for example a murderer - but Peter Handke never murdered anyone.

Good boy: Erdogan is a tyrant! You defend a tyrant against Peter Handke - who had defended the Serbs once. I was by the way in those days also very confused about this all. Everyone was. All big massacres started for example after the NATO was sent into this region, so I never was sure what was actio and what was reactio in those days.

Political correctness or the ability never to make something wrong is by the way not a criterion for an excellent author, who writes what he thinks and feels and not what others propagate.

Last edited:
He is a serb.

His biological father was a German, his social father was an Austrian and his mother was a Slovenian (minority) from Kärnten (Austria).

PS. Peter Handke (Family name from his social father) was a Catholic - and he had defended in the 1990ies the Serbs (orthodox Christians). Your schemes are in his case not working.

Last edited:
He is a serb.

His biological father was a German, his social father was an Austrian and his mother was a Slovenian from Kärnten (Austria).

my source is wrong------musta been wikki. Are we still talking about Shockley?
"social father"? is that a thing?

I prefer the expression "social father" instead of stepfather. Stepfathers - and specially stepmothers - suffer very bad prejudices under all this idiots of the world, who think their own nation is most important, their own language is most important or their own blood (biology) is most important.

One of the most important stepfathers of the world was by the way a carpenter. His name was Joseph. A wonderful man, although he had educated a criminal, who was executed on a cross of the Romans, 33 years after his birth.

Last edited:

As Turkey joins Albania and Kosovo in boycotting Tuesday’s Nobel prize ceremony for Peter Handke over his support for Slobodan Milosevic’s genocidal regime, war correspondents from Christiane Amanpour to Jeremy Bowen are protesting his win by sharing their harrowing stories from the conflict in the former Yugoslavia.

The Austrian writer, whose stance on the Yugoslav wars of the 1990s and attendance at Milosevic’s funeral have been widely criticised, is due to receive his Nobel medal in Stockholm, where a large protest demonstration is expected.

What a strange decision.

Of course you would hate anyone that might suggest that white Christians be able to defend themselves from Muslims that want to murder them.

Tammy wants what happened in Yugoslavia to happen to all of Europe, and Muslim invasion until they gain a majority, then Christians can be snuffed out of existence.

What a strange decision.

Of course you would hate anyone that might suggest that white Christians be able to defend themselves from Muslims that want to murder them.

Tammy wants what happened in Yugoslavia to happen to all of Europe, and Muslim invasion until they gain a majority, then Christians can be snuffed out of existence.
I knew you would defend genocide.

What a strange decision.

Muslims are the ones that commit genocide when they have the power to. The Serbs just beat them to the punch. I knew you would defend Muslims.

What a strange decision.

Muslims are the ones that commit genocide when they have the power to. The Serbs just beat them to the punch. I knew you would defend Muslims.

speaking of which-----several years ago-----(like maybe more than 20) I interviewed a patient who I assumed to be an old jew----because of the
area of the clinic----Nope---he was an old Bosnian----not muslim----Christian.
I had a hard time keeping him on track -----like the reason he was in the clinic----
He kept talking about the BIG MISTAKE the USA had made in saving the muslims
of Bosnia. He kept repeating "you will see, you will see"-------"they kill, kill
kill......" I got the definite feeling that Christians living in Bosnia were very unhappy

Forum List

Back