No Way Out for Putin

Dadoalex

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2021
I've been studying the events in Ukraine and I'm seeing nothing buy lose-lose for Putin and his enablers in the Kremlim.

UKRAINE was supposed a "fait accompli." To be completed and over before the rest of the world or Ukraine could react. Then, like Crimea, something we don't like but about which nothing can be done.

UKR has fought back magnificently so the quick win is out. This is going to become Russia's Afghanistan part II.
The Sanctions are killing the Russian economy.
But
Not surprisingly, other than the oil speculators taking it in the shorts, the global economy is adjusting to life w/o Russia.

This was is now the greatest threat to Putin's power since he got VP under Yeltsin.

That's where we are.

Putin's goals are shattered. Not only can he not win in UKR, his personal future is mostly likely filled with assassination or execution.

Do, How does Russia get out of Ukraine while Putin saves face?

Personally, I don't see it.
The longer the war goes, the greater the opposition in Russia and the greater the likelihood of revolt among Russian leadership.
Stop the war and withdraw and the probability of arrest, imprisonment, and execution increase.
Try to draw NATO into the war by hitting NATO countries will result in Russia's and Putin's destruction.

Ukraine will not accept Russian occupation of the "contested" areas and there is some chance that Ukraine, with sufficient weapons and support actually crosses into Russian territory.

All very dangerous.

And

I don't see a way out.

I've been studying the events in Ukraine and I'm seeing nothing buy lose-lose for Putin and his enablers in the Kremlim.

UKRAINE was supposed a "fait accompli." To be completed and over before the rest of the world or Ukraine could react. Then, like Crimea, something we don't like but about which nothing can be done.

UKR has fought back magnificently so the quick win is out. This is going to become Russia's Afghanistan part II.
But
Not surprisingly, other than the oil speculators taking it in the shorts, the global economy is adjusting to life w/o Russia.

This was is now the greatest threat to Putin's power since he got VP under Yeltsin.

That's where we are.

Putin's goals are shattered. Not only can he not win in UKR, his personal future is mostly likely filled with assassination or execution.

The longer the war goes, the greater the opposition in Russia and the greater the likelihood of revolt among Russian leadership.
Stop the war and withdraw and the probability of arrest, imprisonment, and execution increase.
Try to draw NATO into the war by hitting NATO countries will result in Russia's and Putin's destruction.

Ukraine will not accept Russian occupation of the "contested" areas and there is some chance that Ukraine, with sufficient weapons and support actually crosses into Russian territory.

All very dangerous.

And

I don't see a way out.
Putin will control Ukraine, all sanctions on Russia will be gone by year end, and Russian forces will be stationed in Syria and massing on the Israeli border by next Spring.

You obviously didn’t live through the Cold War.

Russia's oil exports have gone up oddly enough and i think you will find western Europe will find ways to do business with Russia.

Its a mistake to think Europe has ended Russian oil imports. They havent and most likely wont.

"So far, there are indications that some of the larger EU countries are less keen than countries in the east of the EU to pursue the fastest possible reduction in Russian oil flows. Outside of the EU, the UK’s ban on the import of Russian oil has proved less dramatic than the headlines that accompanied the initial announcement, as it does not take effect until the end of 2022. In the private sector, while several companies have given assurances they will buy no more Russian oil on the spot market, there have been very few indications given about if, when, and how they will cut the volume of Russian oil purchased through their term contracts. Meanwhile, statements from some governments and some companies do appear to have become less hawkish over the past week, with an apparent lengthening of the timespan envisaged for the process of reducing dependence.

StanChart says that Russian oil trade into Europe appears to be moving further into the shadows of term contracts and a greater reliance on third-party trading intermediaries. That does not make trading with Russia any less distasteful for European public opinion, but it does make the trade less visible and thus likely keeps oil flows from Russia higher than they would have been with more direct government targeting of those flows."

Last edited:
Putin will control Ukraine, all sanctions on Russia will be gone by year end, and Russian forces will be stationed in Syria and massing on the Israeli border by next Spring.

And we'll be funding an Iranian nuke with Israels name on it through oil purchases.

I agree the sanctions will be gone, or just totally ignored. Israel is rather friendly toward Russia though.

And we'll be funding an Iranian nuke with Israels name on it through oil purchases.
Israel has been threatening Iran every quarter since 1994. So that will probably end. I just hate it because the Arab states have opposed nuclear weapons in the region for 70 years.

The leftists don’t care about the risks to the one and only Jewish nation. Now if there were a terrorist country that had one of the MANY Muslim countries in its cross-hairs, it would be a different story.

But

That's where we are.

All very dangerous.

And

I don't see a way out.

Putin had expected, hell the world had expected Ukraine to fold up after 48-Hours. Early estimates were that Kyiv to run up White Flag and surrender with just days of Russian Tanks rolling into Ukraine.

Instead, in just 3-Weeks of fighting Russia has lost 4-Generals, 7,000 (low estimate) to 13,000 Troops killed in action. Russian tanks cannot roll across open fields because the ground is to wet to support their weight.

Ukraine is fighting back. Pooty did not forsee the level of Ukrainian Resistance as it currently stands. Javelin and Stinger Missiles are devasting Russian Aircraft and Russian Tanks. Over 600-Russian Prisoners of War have been taken.

Pooty has dug himself a hole he cannot climb out of.

But

That's where we are.

All very dangerous.

And

I don't see a way out.
He’s going to take ukraine, he will rebuild it, they will all move back, there will be a huge pipe line feeding the world. The funny man Zelinski will not be around, he’s a little commie punk.

Forum List

Back