No question Patriots are the best franchise ever

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
All you have to do is compare them to the Cleveland Browns

The Browns had first shot at EVERY player on the Patriots.
Over the past 15 years the Browns have selected in the top five in the draft while the Pats selected 25 and above

The Browns drafted elite players in the draft while the Pats selected role players

The Patriots system has allowed them to dominate the NFL in an era of parity

Over the past 15 years the Browns have selected in the top five in the draft while the Pats selected 25 and above

The Browns drafted elite players in the draft while the Pats selected role players

Just as an aside, Couldn’t you say the same thing about the Texans, the Raiders, and the Yuckaneers though?

But I think the model for the next decade or so is set; you have an owner who hires a coach and gives him complete control of the organization from coaching to personnel to (from what I heard) the art that is hung up in the hallways—I heard that the pictures celebrating the Super Bowls in the past were taken down a few years ago as a subtle way to focus the current team. The Belichick system is cruel but it is built on meritocracy and apparently meritocracy alone. Sort of reminds me of the 49ers back in the day when they would get rid of a player a year or two before they really declined. I think Jimmie Johnson (sp?) had the same gravitas in Dallas until the owner realized that he wasn’t getting enough credit for the championships.

One other thing about the Patriots. When you consider that you’re not talking about the Celtics and the Lakers or Real Madrid and FC Barcelona or even Duke and NC…its incredible what they have done. They don’t have an equal in the NFC or even the AFC. Their SB opponents come and go, their AFC Conference Champion opponents come and go. Yet they remain in this age of forced parity and salary caps. And they did it with a bunch of guys named “who”?

The New York Yankees are the greatest franchise ever.
More championships than any team in any sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be an interesting comparison except that the Yankees have bought the best players dating back to Babe Ruth

The Pats have won championships fielding players the other teams pass over
The Yanks see who the best players are and take them away from other teams

Yanks have the highest payroll in baseball while the Pats work under a salary cap

How many championships have the yanks won in this century?

no question. The best franchise in sports. To accomplish what they have in the salary cap era more impressive than anything I've witnessed in sports.

Might be an interesting comparison except that the Yankees have bought the best players dating back to Babe Ruth

Yanks have the highest payroll in baseball while the Pats work under a salary cap

Actually,
IMG_0434.jpg

The Yanks rank #7.

Actually,
View attachment 244112
The Yanks rank #7.

Yanks have been laying low the last two years

Since the turn of the century, they have had the largest payroll and have two championships to show for it

Actually,
View attachment 244112
The Yanks rank #7.

Yanks have been laying low the last two years

Since the turn of the century, they have had the largest payroll and have two championships to show for it

To me that says what Red Sox fans have bern saying for years is untrue. You can’t buy a championship team. You can get the best players but that doesn’t guarantee a championship. You have to get them to play as a team.
In my opinion the Pats have been surrounded by to much controversy to be considered the best.

really?

I actually have to explain this to you.....?

ok......You dissed the patriots as cheaters.....

and trump LOVES the cheaters......

trump, the liar, the cheater, the con man that YOU LOVE.....LOVES brady and belichick.....(AKA "the CHEATERS")

This has got to be one of the most illogical and dumbest posts ever. You need to get over your painful butt hurt and man up sissy.

I am not willing to concede that the Patriots are the greatest franchise ever. The Celtics, the Yankees, the Lakers, the Packers, the Canadians, are better franchises than New England. The best probably being the New York Yankees. New England is a dynasty but not the greatest franchise ever, many more years and many more wins before they can be considered great. Before Bellichick and Brady, the Pats were a below average franchise and was really a lost team.

I am not willing to concede that the Patriots are the greatest franchise ever. The Celtics, the Yankees, the Lakers, the Packers, the Canadians, are better franchises than New England. The best probably being the New York Yankees. New England is a dynasty but not the greatest franchise ever, many more years and many more wins before they can be considered great. Before Bellichick and Brady, the Pats were a below average franchise and was really a lost team.
Celtics, Yankees, Packers, Canadians compiled championships in leagues comprised of 6 to 16 teams

The Patriots are in a league with 32 teams, free agency, salary caps and a draft based on performance

Celtics, Yankees, Packers, Canadians compiled championships in leagues comprised of 6 to 16 teams

The Patriots are in a league with 32 teams, free agency, salary caps and a draft based on performance

That makes since however longevity is also a huge factor for me and once Brady is gone and or Bellichick is the franchise still going to be good? They weren't before and I don't think they will be after. They are a heck of a dynasty.

That makes since however longevity is also a huge factor for me and once Brady is gone and or Bellichick is the franchise still going to be good? They weren't before and I don't think they will be after. They are a heck of a dynasty.
Not a Patriot fan but I respect the hell out of them

As a team, Belichick and Brady have been historic
Once Brady leaves, Belichick will show how good a coach he is
The man is a genius. He may not win as often, but he will win

I am a Giants fan and saw what Belichick did as a Defensive Coordinator. We won two SB with him ...he will win once Brady leaves

Forum List

Back