No question Patriots are the best franchise ever

I am not willing to concede that the Patriots are the greatest franchise ever. The Celtics, the Yankees, the Lakers, the Packers, the Canadians, are better franchises than New England. The best probably being the New York Yankees. New England is a dynasty but not the greatest franchise ever, many more years and many more wins before they can be considered great. Before Bellichick and Brady, the Pats were a below average franchise and was really a lost team.
Celtics, Yankees, Packers, Canadians compiled championships in leagues comprised of 6 to 16 teams

The Patriots are in a league with 32 teams, free agency, salary caps and a draft based on performance

That makes since however longevity is also a huge factor for me and once Brady is gone and or Bellichick is the franchise still going to be good? They weren't before and I don't think they will be after. They are a heck of a dynasty.
Not a Patriot fan but I respect the hell out of them

As a team, Belichick and Brady have been historic
Once Brady leaves, Belichick will show how good a coach he is
The man is a genius. He may not win as often, but he will win

I am a Giants fan and saw what Belichick did as a Defensive Coordinator. We won two SB with him ...he will win once Brady leaves

After the Tuck game, I hated the Patriots but I do respect what they have done. Bellichick may do well after Brady however that is only if they find a decent QB to replace Brady.

All you have to do is compare them to the Cleveland Browns

The Browns had first shot at EVERY player on the Patriots.
Over the past 15 years the Browns have selected in the top five in the draft while the Pats selected 25 and above

The Browns drafted elite players in the draft while the Pats selected role players

The Patriots system has allowed them to dominate the NFL in an era of parity

The New York Yankees are the greatest franchise ever.
More championships than any team in any sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because they outspent all the other teams year in and year out in a league that had no salary cap. So tell me how your Yanks are doing now that George is no longer around to buy up every big name player available at the trade deadline?

What makes the Patriots the greatest franchise in American sports is that they've done what they've done in a league that's set up to promote parity. If you win...you get a harder schedule the next year. If you win...you get to pick last on draft day. If you win...your coaching staff gets raided by other teams looking for winners. That's the handicap you have and you have to fight all of that with a capped salary.

I am not willing to concede that the Patriots are the greatest franchise ever. The Celtics, the Yankees, the Lakers, the Packers, the Canadians, are better franchises than New England. The best probably being the New York Yankees. New England is a dynasty but not the greatest franchise ever, many more years and many more wins before they can be considered great. Before Bellichick and Brady, the Pats were a below average franchise and was really a lost team.
Celtics, Yankees, Packers, Canadians compiled championships in leagues comprised of 6 to 16 teams

The Patriots are in a league with 32 teams, free agency, salary caps and a draft based on performance

That makes since however longevity is also a huge factor for me and once Brady is gone and or Bellichick is the franchise still going to be good? They weren't before and I don't think they will be after. They are a heck of a dynasty.
Not a Patriot fan but I respect the hell out of them

As a team, Belichick and Brady have been historic
Once Brady leaves, Belichick will show how good a coach he is
The man is a genius. He may not win as often, but he will win

I am a Giants fan and saw what Belichick did as a Defensive Coordinator. We won two SB with him ...he will win once Brady leaves

After the Tuck game, I hated the Patriots but I do respect what they have done. Bellichick may do well after Brady however that is only if they find a decent QB to replace Brady.

When Brady was hurt that one year Belichick went 11 and 5 with Matt Cassel. I don't know if Belichick will be in the SB every year without Brady, but I'm sure he'll be competitive.

Over the past 15 years the Browns have selected in the top five in the draft while the Pats selected 25 and above

The Browns drafted elite players in the draft while the Pats selected role players

Can't argue with it. Don Shula's Dolphins and Bill Walsh's 49rs deserve a mention.

Maybe best dynasty but not franchise?

IMG_0440.jpg

View attachment 244649

LOL. Good point

But Yogi played under different conditions
MLB had 16 teams, NFL has 32

Yanks could keep their star lineup for a decade and not worry about them leaving for more money.
Yanks could use their winning reputation and huge pocketbook to sign as many star players as they wanted

1950s was a bad period in terms of parity. Much of the league could barely make payroll and would sell off their best players by the end of the year. Yanks and Dodgers won most of the time

Last edited:

Doesn't that prove more than anything that the Browns are the dumbest, most jerked-off franchise in Football history? :auiqs.jpg:

Screw the Browns.

Let’s hear it for the Detroit Lions! Rebuilding since 1957!!! In spite of earning great high draft spots in NFL draft after draft decade after decade, the Lions have honed a system every bit as successful as the Pats, just in the opposite direction.

Forum List

Back