NO PERSON SHALL...be deprived of liberty, without due process of LAW

However, the Constitution only applies inside the US. We can't legally apply it to people that aren't citizens.

One could also argue that, since we're at war with terrorists, they don't have to be tried in civilian courts.

"Due process" does not neccessarily mean civilian courts.

I think the "technical problem occurred when they were brought to Gitmo, that being "US Territory."

If they had been kept outside the US perhaps it never would have been an issue.

Well again,, let's take fact and hit you idiots right squarely between your crossed little eyeballs.

holder bolder said "Even if they are acquitted they will not be set free." and that's the kind of justice you libtards will sell your souls for. Spit hark Spit.

That was the policy at KGB " Heads we win, tails you lose".

WOW!!!! Here I thought it was all about our legal transparency at work for the world to see.
Glad you cleared that one up for us Contumacious. :cuckoo:

The terrorists that attacked the Cole are getting Military Tribunals.

So why is Holder/Obama giving KSM and the others a trial here?

The answer is, as is usual with these dopey libs, political. Political grandstanding and a chance to prosecute Bush policy.

Get your frogmarch boots on and meet me under the big tent. The circus is about to begin. :rolleyes:

The USS Cole was attacked inside Yemeni territorial waters.

The bombers target was a military target.

The terrorists that attacked the Cole are getting Military Tribunals.

So why is Holder/Obama giving KSM and the others a trial here?

The answer is, as is usual with these dopey libs, political. Political grandstanding and a chance to prosecute Bush policy.

Get your frogmarch boots on and meet me under the big tent. The circus is about to begin. :rolleyes:

The USS Cole was attacked inside Yemeni territorial waters.

The bombers target was a military target.

Uhm hum.

And the Pentagon was a civilian target?

The Constitution was written for and applies to, American citizens. The V Amendment does not apply to terrorist, enemy combatants, illegal aliens, and any other illegal entity.

thats not true...illegal aliens....and it depends on terrorists, where they are caught and what circumstances etc....

due process for spies is questioning, a last meal, a blindfold, and a smoke....before they are shot at dawn.....

And you KNOW those folks are "enemy combatants" how?

No Jillian. I'm not stupid at all. I just don't see the need to try someone in Civil court when the Tribunals were already in progress with the approval of the Supreme Court after 8 years of fighting the ACLU and the defendents were already going to plead guilty. Done deal.

As for Timothy McVeigh and the blind Sheik trials I don't think either one of them pled guilty and were being tried by military tribunal doncha know.

The STUPID part is stopping the done deal so we can have a show trial. You seem to be all in favor of that so I guess your the stupid one. Stupid is as Stupid does my friend.

The stupid part is thinking just because the incompetent last admin did anything, that later admins should be bound by it.

you'd have plead guilty if someone was waterboarding you,too...

and if you say you wouldn't have, you're a liar.

THAT is why they can't use the "confession".

I'm ok with that, because if that's all the evidence they have, he shouldn't be held under any circumstances.

yes...how competent of the obama administratio to give them "fair" trials, but if they are found innocent, they will not walk free....

lmao...its funny to watch the obama apologists scrambling to defend these trials while outright ignoring the facts surrounding what rules and conclusions the admin has set up for these trials

thats not true...illegal aliens....and it depends on terrorists, where they are caught and what circumstances etc....

due process for spies is questioning, a last meal, a blindfold, and a smoke....before they are shot at dawn.....

"Brilliant" question. :cuckoo: {Good GOD, I hope the sarcasm button is working!}

And by asking it, you are actually suggesting that they are deserving of a TRIAL in a civilian court of criminal justice -- i.e., a court of law -- to answer that "question."

But, sadly for you and the fraudulent premise you tried to slide by us, being an "enemy combatant" is not a "crime" in and of itself. It is a designation.

Once does not get a TRIAL to answer the question of a simple designation. Trials are given to prove contentions amounting to allegations of the commission of CRIMES.

So whether the captured enemy combatant is deserving of that title is a matter best left to a military tribunal.

!

"Brilliant" question. :cuckoo: {Good GOD, I hope the sarcasm button is working!}

And by asking it, you are actually suggesting that they are deserving of a TRIAL in a civilian court of criminal justice -- i.e., a court of law -- to answer that "question."

But, sadly for you and the fraudulent premise you tried to slide by us, being an "enemy combatant" is not a "crime" in and of itself. It is a designation.

Once does not get a TRIAL to answer the question of a simple designation. Trials are given to prove contentions amounting to allegations of the commission of CRIMES.

So whether the captured enemy combatant is deserving of that title is a matter best left to a military tribunal.

!

An Illegal Combatant has the lowest status.

Face it "C", there are those in our country who would have been extremely comfortable in the Soviet system, and their familiy, "friends," and neighbors would have suffered mightily for it.

The irony meter just fucking exploded.

The thing contessa nonetoosharpa and confusedatious just "criticized" is EXACTLY what is happening by virtue of the show-type-trials being foisted on us by the Obama Administration /Holder tag team idiocy team.

YOU liberoidals are the ones setting up this silly "trial." But in DOING so your fearless leaders are "assuring" the public by TELLING the world in effect that there is no danger the "trial" will be fair.

How DO we "showcase" our genuinely superior judicial process by promising NOT to dare use it?

I dunno.

Ask Eric Fucking Douchebag Holder.

The only thing truthful about your posts (and you) are that LIABILITY is your operative principal.

Liabilities are NEGATIVES, so as far as I am concerned, worth nothing. Fortunately for me, you are a speck of fly shit on a message board, and other than being cyber-shit, you do not impact my world. You have no particular power, you cannot change a thing, least of all thinking people's considered opinions. You are incapable of anything but but bigotry. You want to waste your time ranting and shit dropping, feel free, but you have no credence, are just another POS whose opinion does not matter.

bigot
Main Entry: big·ot
Pronunciation: \ˈbi-gət\
Function: noun
Etymology: French, hypocrite, bigot
Date: 1660
: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Bigot

Face it "C", there are those in our country who would have been extremely comfortable in the Soviet system, and their familiy, "friends," and neighbors would have suffered mightily for it.

The thing contessa nonetoosharpa and confusedatious just "criticized" is EXACTLY what is happening by virtue of the show-type-trials being foisted on us by the Obama Administration /Holder tag team idiocy team.

YOU liberoidals are the ones setting up this silly "trial." But in DOING so your fearless leaders are "assuring" the public by TELLING the world in effect that there is no danger the "trial" will be fair.

How DO we "showcase" our genuinely superior judicial process by promising NOT to dare use it?

I dunno.

The only thing truthful about your posts (and you) are that LIABILITY is your operative principal.

Liabilities are NEGATIVES, so as far as I am concerned, worth nothing. Fortunately for me, you are a speck of fly shit on a message board, and other than being cyber-shit, you do not impact my world. You have no particular power, you cannot change a thing, least of all thinking people's considered opinions. You are incapable of anything but but bigotry. You want to waste your time ranting and shit dropping, feel free, but you have no credence, are just another POS whose opinion does not matter.

bigot
: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Wow, the irony is thick with Contessa's post.

I dunno.

bigot

Were We to Apply the Terms of The Geneva Convention to both Sides, Who do You think would come off as the Bigot?
Avalon Project - The Laws of War

How about The Uniform Code Of Military Justice?
Uniform Code of Military Justice - UCMJ

I dunno.

bigot

Spoken like a true bigot.

I dunno.

bigot

Other than showcasing your rambling incoherence, it looks like you probably had some hopes of communicating something.

But since nothing I had posted has ANY relationship to bigotry, it is most unclear what the fuck you think you are trying to say.

You don't like me. That much is clear., Oh -- boo hoo. Ok. I'm all over that now.

:) :D

But other than THAT, you seem utterly unable to repond with any hint of intelligence to the beat down I had just issued you over your stupid post.

Are you actually crying?

I dunno.

We shall see how much of a show trial it is. Journalists from around the world will be invited to sit in. If the trial is a sham, we will find out soon enough.

The US Judicial system is on trial as much as the terrorists.

I dunno.

We shall see how much of a show trial it is. Journalists from around the world will be invited to sit in. If the trial is a sham, we will find out soon enough.

The US Judicial system is on trial as much as the terrorists.

WTF!! No it's not

YOU claimed we caused them to join WW2.

No I didn't.

For the truly stupid the SRA is the Southern Resource Area. All the Dutch and English Resource centers they seized when they started the war.

Yeah right - this is such a well-known term...:cuckoo:

So if we follow YOUR logic we should have been forced to continue to sell Japan as much iron, metal and Oil as they wanted or we caused a war. Do I have that about right?

I never said that either...try reading...

Trial...

And I'm not talking military tribunal.

BTW, I asked a question before and maybe you know the answer. Is a military tribunal open to the public, or is kept in house?

Military Tribunals are normally closed to the public.

All the more reason to have a public trial..

as i said before, and as he indicates, they can be open, but are normally closed....obama could make them open

Forum List

Back