No more Happy Meals in San Fran?

And it's not their business to do that in the first place.

Says you. But you've proven over and over you're an ideologue unable to problem solve; your only ability is to parrot a RW propaganda.

Uh-huh. Nevermind that I adhere to the Constitution. Something YOU should aquaint yourself with. I cannot help it if you champion yourself as a Big Government whore.

Sure you do T. You prove your expertise on ConLaw everyday (that is sarcasm T, in case you didn't get it).

Let's see what happens.
a. Less families visit McDonalds.
b. Less tax revenue for the city.
c. Less employment for the community.

Good thinkin... Well at least CA is in such good financial shape that they can afford to put companies out of business. Oh wait. :eek:

Let's examine your 'reasoning'. McDonalds employs staff at minimum wage without health care benefits. Ill employees go to SF General Emergency for treatment of everything from the common cold to a broken leg to treatment for communicable disease (all at tax payer expense). McDonalds serves a non-heart healthy menu, high in calories and sugar. McDonalds serves food in take-out packages which end up in the gutters, storm drains and the bay.
Seems to me putting McConalds out of business is a + + for any community.

I can't help but wonder what you do for a living... is it environmentally, physically and philosophically correct in every way..?

Last edited:
Let's see what happens.

Good thinkin... Well at least CA is in such good financial shape that they can afford to put companies out of business. Oh wait. :eek:

Let's examine your 'reasoning'. McDonalds employs staff at minimum wage without health care benefits. Ill employees go to SF General Emergency for treatment of everything from the common cold to a broken leg to treatment for communicable disease (all at tax payer expense). McDonalds serves a non-heart healthy menu, high in calories and sugar. McDonalds serves food in take-out packages which end up in the gutters, storm drains and the bay.

Yep as long as you don't value freedom of Choice that is.

You're a fool. I value freedom, I simply suggested the cost-benefit of McConalds. You're too stupid to see the point. Not that I'm surprised, or I suspect anyone else.

Let's see what happens.

Sounds good to me tovaritch! We must legislate all issues, moral and health related, the common person does not know any better and we must legislate and reeducate them. Hail the proletariat!
(Delivered in my best Russian accent)

Yep as long as you don't value freedom of Choice that is.

You're a fool. I value freedom, I simply suggested the cost-benefit of McConalds. You're too stupid to see the point. Not that I'm surprised, or I suspect anyone else.

Wow more of the "you are just stupid argument"

Yep still showing off those superior Debating skills.

I say again, sure it is, as long as you don't value freedom of choice.

Call me stupid all you want big guy.

Problem solve? WHat problem? It's not MY problem if someone's kid gets fat from eating McDonalds. Nor is it MY problem if some other idiot can't refrain from throwing his wrappers in the garbage. Those morons shouldn't prevent ME from having the riight to eat McDonalds if I want, nor should they prevent McDonalds from being in business.

Problem solve? WHat problem? It's not MY problem if someone's kid gets fat from eating McDonalds. Nor is it MY problem if some other idiot can't refrain from throwing his wrappers in the garbage. Those morons shouldn't prevent ME from having the riight to eat McDonalds if I want, nor should they prevent McDonalds from being in business.

Me & My agrees...;)... yup

Go ahead and smoke that joint in front of your kids, but make sure when you get the munchies, you only snack on celery sticks. Kids need good role models,

Absurdity with a capital A.

Every restaurant in America offers crappy kids meals on their menus. Many provide kids childrens menus to color. I wonder if they'll ban crayons too.

But how many cities provide healthcare to their residents?

Top U.S. court backs S.F. health care - SFGate

Anyone else notice the devout liberal admitting that the government providing goods and services such as healthcare has a direct relationship to the government restricting citizens' freedoms? Wonder what that bodes for our national politics...

Let's see what happens.

I can't help but wonder what you do for a living... is it environmentally, physically and philosophically correct in every way..?

Law Enforcement for over 32 years as a deputy, supervisor and manager. We - my wife and sons - respect our environment, workout at Bally's 4-5 times each week and pretty much follow the golden rule. I've been retired since 2005, though I've helped out when called by the chief.
So, your sarcasm aside, any comment on my evalution of McDonalds?

Law Enforcement for over 32 years as a deputy, supervisor and manager. We - my wife and sons - respect our environment, workout at Bally's 4-5 times each week and pretty much follow the golden rule. I've been retired since 2005, though I've helped out when called by the chief.
So, your sarcasm aside, any comment on my evalution of McDonalds?

I can be sarcastic but I wasn't this time.. Your views are so liberal that I wondered on the history behind them, that is all. From what you've said in your post, you sound like a pretty nice guy and deserve respect. I wouldn't mind hearing more of your story... away from politics.

I believe if McDonalds informs patrons of what their buying , ingredients..etc. and their inspected regularly for quality and cleanliness, then if people want to purchase they should be free too, without further government intervention.

Childhood Obesity has become a major problem in this country. I grew up with President Kennedy's physical fitness program. He was NO fascist. SOMEONE needs to have the courage to address it. The 'toy' is not the harmful item, BUT it serves as an enticement for children to choose a meal because OF the toy. We don't allow children to drink alcohol or drive a motor vehicle FOR A REASON.

This has even become a national security issue!

Most Americans not Fit to Join - Military.com

The Census Bureau estimates that the overall pool of people who would be in the military's prime target age has shrunk as American society ages. There were 1 million fewer 18- to 24-year olds in 2004 than in 2000, the agency says.

The pool shrinks to 13.6 million when only high school graduates and those who score in the upper half on a military service aptitude test are considered. The 30 percent who are high school dropouts are not the top choice of today's professional, all-volunteer and increasingly high-tech military force.

Other factors include:

-the rising rate of obesity; some 30 percent of U.S. adults are now considered obese.

-a decline in physical fitness; one-third of teenagers are now believed to be incapable of passing a treadmill test.

-a near-epidemic rise in the use of Ritalin and other stimulants to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Potential recruits are ineligible for military service if they have taken such a drug in the previous year.

Doctors prescribe these drugs to about 2 million children and 1 million adults a month, according to a federal survey. Many more are believed to be using such stimulants recreationally and to stay awake longer to boost academic and physical performance.

Other potential recruits are rejected because they have criminal histories and too many dependents. Subtract 4.4 million from the pool for these people and for the overweight.

Others can be rejected for medical problems, from blindness to asthma. The Army estimate has subtracted 2.6 million for this group.

That leaves 4.3 million fully qualified potential recruits and an estimated 2.3 million more who might qualify if given waivers on some of their problems.

Childhood Obesity Costs

Obesity Related Health Care Costs are Soaring

Americans spend about 9% of their total medical costs on obesity-related illnesses, [1] and that amount will only increase if the current trends continue.

High personal costs: Severely overweight people spend more on health care and medicine. In fact, they often spend more on health care than current smokers. [2]

Direct national cost: The direct costs of treating obesity-related diseases are estimated at $61 billion. [3]

Indirect national cost: The indirect costs of obesity (such as missed work days and future earnings losses) have been estimated at $56 billion dollars per year. [3]

Rising disability claims: Being severely overweight makes it much harder to manage basic activities like bathing, dressing and getting out of bed. The number of people filing for disability is rising rapidly, and the fastest growing cause of disability is type 2 diabetes. [4]

Economic Disparities

Childhood obesity is having a larger impact on children from low-income families.

Poor health care: Over 1.6 million children were unable to get needed medical care because the family could not afford it. Medical care for an additional 3 million children was delayed because of worry about the cost. [32]

Limited access: In part because they lack access to healthy food and sports facilities, children from lower incomes are more likely to be overweight or obese. [33]

Fewer opportunities to stay healthy: In a study of 200 neighborhoods, there were three times as many supermarkets in wealthy neighborhoods as in poor neighborhoods [34] leaving fast food restaurants as the most convenient meal option for many low income families.

Citations

1. Finkelstein EA, Fiebelkorn IC, Wang G. National medical spending attributable to overweight and obesity: how much, and who’s paying? Health Affairs (Millwood). 2003; Suppl Web Exclusives; W3-219-W3-226. Available at: National Medical Spending Attributable To Overweight And Obesity: How Much, And Who's Paying? -- Finkelstein et al., 10.1377/hlthaff.w3.219 -- Health Affairs. Accessed October 26, 2007.

2. Obesity and Disability. Santa Monica, California: Rand Health; 2004.

3. Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics – 2008 Update, American Heart Association.

4. Obesity and Disability. Santa Monica, California: Rand Health; 2004.

5. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Vital and Health Statistics. Summary Health Statistics for U.S. Children: National Health Interview Survey, 2004. Vol. 2006-1555. Hyattsville, Maryland: DHHS, 2005

6. Powell LM, Slater S, Chaloupka FJ. The Relationship between physical activity settings and race, ethnicity, and socioeconomic status. Evidence-Based Preventive Medicine 2004; 1(2):135-44.

7. Morland K, Wing S, Diez Roux A, Poole C. neighborhood characteristic associated with the location of food stores and food service places. Am J Prev Med 2002;22 (1): 23-9

SO the Hell what? Guess who's fault this is? PARENTS. And it's none of government's damned business.

Hey pea brain, didn't your man crush Mark 'Lemon' ever tell you that We, the People ARE the government. And We, the People are forced to pay for childhood obesity and other preventable afflictions through higher insurance premiums?

Childhood Obesity has become a major problem in this country. I grew up with President Kennedy's physical fitness program. He was NO fascist. SOMEONE needs to have the courage to address it. The 'toy' is not the harmful item, BUT it serves as an enticement for children to choose a meal because OF the toy. We don't allow children to drink alcohol or drive a motor vehicle FOR A REASON.

This has even become a national security issue!

Most Americans not Fit to Join - Military.com

The Census Bureau estimates that the overall pool of people who would be in the military's prime target age has shrunk as American society ages. There were 1 million fewer 18- to 24-year olds in 2004 than in 2000, the agency says.

The pool shrinks to 13.6 million when only high school graduates and those who score in the upper half on a military service aptitude test are considered. The 30 percent who are high school dropouts are not the top choice of today's professional, all-volunteer and increasingly high-tech military force.

Other factors include:

-the rising rate of obesity; some 30 percent of U.S. adults are now considered obese.

-a decline in physical fitness; one-third of teenagers are now believed to be incapable of passing a treadmill test.

-a near-epidemic rise in the use of Ritalin and other stimulants to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Potential recruits are ineligible for military service if they have taken such a drug in the previous year.

Doctors prescribe these drugs to about 2 million children and 1 million adults a month, according to a federal survey. Many more are believed to be using such stimulants recreationally and to stay awake longer to boost academic and physical performance.

Other potential recruits are rejected because they have criminal histories and too many dependents. Subtract 4.4 million from the pool for these people and for the overweight.

Others can be rejected for medical problems, from blindness to asthma. The Army estimate has subtracted 2.6 million for this group.

That leaves 4.3 million fully qualified potential recruits and an estimated 2.3 million more who might qualify if given waivers on some of their problems.

Childhood Obesity Costs

Obesity Related Health Care Costs are Soaring

Americans spend about 9% of their total medical costs on obesity-related illnesses, [1] and that amount will only increase if the current trends continue.

High personal costs: Severely overweight people spend more on health care and medicine. In fact, they often spend more on health care than current smokers. [2]

Direct national cost: The direct costs of treating obesity-related diseases are estimated at $61 billion. [3]

Indirect national cost: The indirect costs of obesity (such as missed work days and future earnings losses) have been estimated at $56 billion dollars per year. [3]

Rising disability claims: Being severely overweight makes it much harder to manage basic activities like bathing, dressing and getting out of bed. The number of people filing for disability is rising rapidly, and the fastest growing cause of disability is type 2 diabetes. [4]

Economic Disparities

Childhood obesity is having a larger impact on children from low-income families.

Poor health care: Over 1.6 million children were unable to get needed medical care because the family could not afford it. Medical care for an additional 3 million children was delayed because of worry about the cost. [32]

Limited access: In part because they lack access to healthy food and sports facilities, children from lower incomes are more likely to be overweight or obese. [33]

Fewer opportunities to stay healthy: In a study of 200 neighborhoods, there were three times as many supermarkets in wealthy neighborhoods as in poor neighborhoods [34] leaving fast food restaurants as the most convenient meal option for many low income families.

Citations

1. Finkelstein EA, Fiebelkorn IC, Wang G. National medical spending attributable to overweight and obesity: how much, and who’s paying? Health Affairs (Millwood). 2003; Suppl Web Exclusives; W3-219-W3-226. Available at: National Medical Spending Attributable To Overweight And Obesity: How Much, And Who's Paying? -- Finkelstein et al., 10.1377/hlthaff.w3.219 -- Health Affairs. Accessed October 26, 2007.

2. Obesity and Disability. Santa Monica, California: Rand Health; 2004.

3. Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics – 2008 Update, American Heart Association.

4. Obesity and Disability. Santa Monica, California: Rand Health; 2004.

5. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Vital and Health Statistics. Summary Health Statistics for U.S. Children: National Health Interview Survey, 2004. Vol. 2006-1555. Hyattsville, Maryland: DHHS, 2005

6. Powell LM, Slater S, Chaloupka FJ. The Relationship between physical activity settings and race, ethnicity, and socioeconomic status. Evidence-Based Preventive Medicine 2004; 1(2):135-44.

7. Morland K, Wing S, Diez Roux A, Poole C. neighborhood characteristic associated with the location of food stores and food service places. Am J Prev Med 2002;22 (1): 23-9

SO the Hell what? Guess who's fault this is? PARENTS. And it's none of government's damned business.

Hey pea brain, didn't your man crush Mark 'Lemon' ever tell you that We, the People ARE the government. And We, the People are forced to pay for childhood obesity and other preventable afflictions through higher insurance premiums?

We pay for AID's and HIV Treatment too. Using your logic, should the ban on risky behavior extend to the bedroom????? How about Bungy Jumping, down hill skiing, Sky Diving????? Jerking Off????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I made a boob boo and posted this as a new topic...sorry...I searched for san fran hummm....duh....

anyway, some onion style humor..

Zombie San Francisco mandates “Sad Meals” at fast-food restaurants

In a drive to discourage unhealthy dietary choices, San Francisco today banned “Happy Meals” at McDonald’s restaurants. Instead, all fast-food outlets will now be required to serve “Sad Meals” as a way to make tasty food unappealing to kids.

The new regulation outlaws giving away cheerful plastic toys with each Happy Meal, as well as any similar enticing promotion at other fast-food franchises. In their place, restaurants must now include items which make children feel bad or ashamed.

The vote to replace “Happy Meals” with “Sad Meals” in the city was unanimous, with the San Francisco Board of Supervisors voting 9-0 on the legislation, officially entitled the “Eat and DIE! Amendment.”

“It should be the responsibility of the industry to promote healthy choices,” said Supervisor Nan E. Stait, chief sponsor of the legislation. “If we can ensure that kids feel really awful when they eat food they crave, we can slowly wean them off high-fat and high-sodium diets.”

Starting on January 1, 2011, all nationally franchised restaurants doing business in San Francisco will be required to include creepy, insulting and/or humiliating promotional toys with any meal that fails to meet the city’s exacting nutritional guidelines.
The “Sinister Clown” wind-up toy

Restaurants will have several options from which to choose, with various designs unveiled during today’s San Francisco Board of Supervisors meeting:

* Circular metallic stickers featuring a frowny-face and the words “I’m a fatso!” or “Lard-butt.” Parents will be required to affix the stickers to their children’s foreheads during meals eaten in public.

* Wind-up toys which speak any of ten different phrases, including “You’re morbidly obese!”, “Sure, keep stuffing your fat little face,” and “You make me sick, you disgusting pig!” Children can choose either the Sinister Clown, Nagging Granny, or Scary Bully designs.

* Miniature flipbooks featuring full-color photos of actual surgical procedures taken during heart bypass operations and liposuction sessions.

* A new line of collectible figurines called Chubbies, with names such as Friendless Fritz, Diabetic Debbie, and Acne Ashly.

“We will roll out additional promotional designs over the upcoming months,” said Reg U. Latory-Ovareech, spokesman for the Board of Supervisors. “The worse we make these kids feel now, the better off they’ll be in the long run.”

. SOMEONE needs to have the courage to address it. The 'toy' is not the harmful item, BUT it serves as an enticement for children to choose a meal because OF the toy. We don't allow children to drink alcohol or drive a motor vehicle FOR A REASON.

That right there is the problem. If the parents were parenting instead of being their kid's friend, the kids wouldn't be eating that shit.

Regardless, it's NOT THE GOVERNMENTS JOB to dictate what people eat. Period.

That's the product McDonald's offers for kids. If San Francisco wants to deny permits for any more fast food places, that's their perogative. But to tell a business that they can not offer a popular selling item, is simply wrong. Will they ban kiddie sized ice cream sundaes at Carvel? Candy at 7-11? If they want to ban junk food at city offices and public schools, that might be within their right. But a PRIVATE business? It's ludicrous and quite a slippery slope.

But then what would government do?

Rick

Shrink.

Sounds good to me. Our current government has a serious obesity problem itself.

soup-nazi-demotivational-poster-1228177670.jpg

But how many cities provide healthcare to their residents?

Top U.S. court backs S.F. health care - SFGate

And it's not their business to do that in the first place.

Says you. But you've proven over and over you're an ideologue unable to problem solve; your only ability is to parrot a RW propaganda.

You sir...are a JACKASS. My 'Idealogue' ways are the answer. The Founders wrote the Document called the Constitution for a fucking reason. It's Statist Jackasses as you that are fucking it up...ignoring it.

Forum List

Back