Student goes on shooting spree on University of Texas campus

Shame the shooter died too. It would have been nice to see him get the help he needs.

AKs are legal.

Really, FUCK me I am pro guns and even I think that is INSANE.

You expect to protect your family and property with a blunderbuss?

deluxeflintlockblunderbuss.jpg

"The professor said the gunman had the opportunity to shoot several people, but did not."

Not often you read this in a shooting story...poor kid.

The AK-47s and 74s sold in the USA are not fully automatic...they are semi-automatic...no different than a glock 9mm, 1911 or any other semi-automatic pistol. Just a longer barrel and a shoulder stock.

Automatic weapons are HIGHLY regulated in the US. See the National Firearms Act of 1934.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act

Last edited:
The AK-47s and 74s sold in the USA are not fully automatic...they are semi-automatic...no different than a glock 9mm, 1911 or any other semi-automatic pistol. Just a longer barrel and a shoulder stock.

Automatic weapons are HIGHLY regulated in the US. See the National Firearms Act of 1934.

National Firearms Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, you gotta buy the automatic conversion kit for $19.99.

Not that I would......oh, shit.....

:oops:.

.....the helicopthers are landing in my front yard

A refresher on so called "assault weapons" just to get it out of the way.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjM9fcEzSJ0&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - The Truth about "Assault Weapons"[/ame]​

:lol:

Can't even to that...the NFA constrains sales to only weapons that are not "easily convertible".

I would need a machine shop and blueprints to convert my AR-15 to fully automatic...there is no space for the seer...so it's not a "drop in and go" like some would have you believe.

It would take a good gunsmith and a sizable metal shop...and anyone who had the expertise and the equipment could build a machine gun from scratch.

Can't even to that...the NFA constrains sales to only weapons that are not "easily convertible".

I would need a machine shop and blueprints to convert my AR-15 to fully automatic...there is no space for the seer...so it's not a "drop in and go" like some would have you believe.

It would take a good gunsmith and a sizable metal shop...and anyone who had the expertise and the equipment could build a machine gun from scratch.

So? Pay a gunsmith to do it:

Price = $11.99

Want to know how to convert AK47 rifle to full auto? This is the manual you need! This AK47 conversion manual has 29 pages.

ak47-conversion-manualbig.jpg

Is it really a shooting spree when the person doesn't harm anyone else and only kills themselves?

Price = $11.99

Want to know how to convert AK47 rifle to full auto? This is the manual you need! This AK47 conversion manual has 29 pages.

No gunsmith is going to convert a firearm to fully automatic.

Here is what happens when you convert one.
Coughlan faced a pair of five-year prison terms, or 10 years total, after pleading guilty March 24 to two counts of second-degree unlawful possession of a machine gun. He admitted using kits bought online to convert two semi-automatic AK-47-style weapons into fully-automatic weapons with 30-round detachable magazines.

Because the two counts were essentially one crime, Superior Court Judge David Ironson, sitting in Morristown, imposed concurrent five-year sentences. Coughlan must serve at least three years before parole eligibility, forfeit his right to own firearms for life and pay $280 in penalties. The other guns must either be sold by an independent third-party or forfeited. The 37 other counts were dismissed.

Parsippany man gets 5 years in prison for converting guns into automatic weapons | NJ.com
As for the book, The Anarchist Cookbook explains in detail how to build a bomb out of easily accessible material. First amendment protection. Should we infringe on the first amendment because the information is dangerous and could be use by criminals (that's what people who convert firearms to automatic without a license or build bombs are...criminals)...cuz you can't have it both ways.

Last edited:

Price = $11.99

No gunsmith is going to do that.
Other than 30 years in jail and $50,000 in fines, what is a full auto conversion going to do for you?

Forum List

Back