No More 100-Watters After Jan 1 - Phooey!

seriously how many 100 watt bulbs do you use? i use 60 watts except for flood lights......i dont know what they are but since they are in light fixtures designed for them....i dont care....halogen is hotter than normal bulbs..that is why the halogen floor lamp when out of style.....

2 of them. one next to my bed for reading and one for the dimmer light in the kitchen.

seriously how many 100 watt bulbs do you use? i use 60 watts except for flood lights......i dont know what they are but since they are in light fixtures designed for them....i dont care....halogen is hotter than normal bulbs..that is why the halogen floor lamp when out of style.....

2 of them. one next to my bed for reading and one for the dimmer light in the kitchen.

We have the CFLs in the ceiling fan in the office (it takes 4 bulbs) but 100 watters in the desk lamps on our desk when we need good light for close work. Also I have 100 watters in the lamps beside all beds and also in every lamp in the great room because that is where people read in our house. (And everybody reads.) Most of these lamps are off when folks are visiting, watching TV or otherwise not reading or doing something that needs great light, but they are there when we need them. We have the CFLs in most of the 'constant' light sources, but most of that is in multi-bulb fixtures so I don't think we're saving much energy. The CFLs just last a lot longer--no cost saving but less nuisance having to change burned out bulbs.

Forum List

Back