No More 100-Watters After Jan 1 - Phooey!

IMAG0023.jpg

Down to my last 7 100 watt bulbs.

Will try to stock up on my last vist to the supermarket before the ban begins.

But he didn't want to make it partisan :thup:

I didn't - and I still don't. It wouldn't matter who put the law into effect, I would still be calling bull shit on it.

I know that you know that, and I also know that you are being deliberately obtuse on this particular issue for whatever reason(s) you may have. In case you have questions, refer to my original response to your misguided characterization of my motives in starting this thread here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...0-watters-after-jan-1-phooey.html#post4496728

Its a mischaracterization to point out that you blamed Bush in your OP, and then tried to say you weren't trying to be partisan?

I'd say I was just pointing out your hypocrisy.

Here is what I said in the OP:

I was listening to Levin this afternoon. He was grousing about this ban on the 100-watt bulb, noting that our politicians gave lip service to repealing the law on the eve of its going into effect, but didn't have the balls to follow through. He bitched about how "liberals" were prone to pass nanny laws like this, dictating what we can and cannot have for our personal use, failing to mention that this law was passed during the El-Busho administration.

Oh well - this really isn't a partisan issue. It's a BULL SHIT issue. Write your congressman/senator. Threaten to vote his/her ass out of office unless this mother gets repealed.

I was commenting on the fact that Levin was implying that "liberals" were responsible for this law, failing to mention that Bush signed it into law during his administration. I then went on to say that this really isn't a partisan issue - that it's a bull shit issue.

If you see that as my attempting to infuse politics into this thread, go to it. It was not intended as such, and I was not the one who brought politics up further on down the line.

I guess I should have know that politics would enter into this thread, regardless of my express statement that they should not.

:lol: Still blaming Bush. :lol:

But he didn't want to make it partisan :thup:

I didn't - and I still don't. It wouldn't matter who put the law into effect, I would still be calling bull shit on it.

I know that you know that, and I also know that you are being deliberately obtuse on this particular issue for whatever reason(s) you may have. In case you have questions, refer to my original response to your misguided characterization of my motives in starting this thread here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...0-watters-after-jan-1-phooey.html#post4496728

Down Boy.. I mean Council.... Now please approach the bench.... :lol: :):):)

Funny how the Democrats Never Run on Regulatory Agencies that We have zero control over, running every aspect of our lives. Yet, that's always how it ends up. So much for Democracy, huh. ;) :D

You know those 100-watt light bulbs we have used for decades? Come January 1st, they become illegal. You won't be able to get them any more. God knows what will replace them. Whatever it is, it can't be good. Maybe those curly little sons of bitches that take ten minutes to begin producing light? I sure hope there's something available better than that.

10 minutes to begin producing light? Where the fuck have you been the past decade or two?

I was listening to Levin this afternoon. He was grousing about this ban on the 100-watt bulb, noting that our politicians gave lip service to repealing the law on the eve of its going into effect, but didn't have the balls to follow through. He bitched about how "liberals" were prone to pass nanny laws like this, dictating what we can and cannot have for our personal use, failing to mention that this law was passed during the El-Busho administration.

Oh well - this really isn't a partisan issue. It's a BULL SHIT issue. Write your congressman/senator. Threaten to vote his/her ass out of office unless this mother gets repealed.

That is all.

George

Bwaahhh.

I'd be surprised if most 100 watt bulbs aren't actually in fixtures designed for bulbs only up to 60 watts - as that seems to be the standard maximum wattage for a lot of light fixtures.

You can't get leaded gasoline anymore, either, wanna whine about that, too?

You know those 100-watt light bulbs we have used for decades? Come January 1st, they become illegal. You won't be able to get them any more. God knows what will replace them. Whatever it is, it can't be good. Maybe those curly little sons of bitches that take ten minutes to begin producing light? I sure hope there's something available better than that.

10 minutes to begin producing light? Where the fuck have you been the past decade or two?

That is all.

George

Bwaahhh.

I'd be surprised if most 100 watt bulbs aren't actually in fixtures designed for bulbs only up to 60 watts - as that seems to be the standard maximum wattage for a lot of light fixtures.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only Pussies are afraid of 100 Watt Bulbs. :razz: ;) :lol: :)

Stop Whining already.

Scary stuff. I remember driving before seat belts and even cell phones.

How did the older generation ever make it?

Well we only had TV since the 60's for the most part and were not as programmable as when we were younger.

That is all.

George

Bwaahhh.

Lead is a known toxin to human beings and a dangerous pollutant in soil and water. It made sense to remove it from auto fuel that was increasing the pollutants in our environment.

The incandescent bulb, used as intended, is a non toxic, non polluting product in production, in storage, in use, and in disposal in landfills.

So what is our esteemed government proposing to replace incandescent bulbs with? Much more expensive and less efficient lighting that is extremely hazardous to those producing it, in storage, and in disposal and that can add a permanent, long lasting, and deadly pollutant to the soil and water.

Makes a lot of sense huh.

The thing is, in today's homes and commercial buildings, people don't turn the inside lights off when the sun comes up. We have the lights on in every room we are occupying regardless of what time it is.

It makes no sense to encourage light fixtures of four or five bulbs of low wattage when one larger wattage bulbs would do.

It makes no sense to require low flow toilets when it requires more flushing and just as much water to flush them.

It makes no sense to require fuel efficiencies that demand downsizing cars so that a larger family wanting to go somewhere has to take two or three vehicles when they once could all fit into the old big gas guzzler.

Sometimes I think the more the government does for our collective 'good', the more damage they do.

Now all we have ro do is buy a hazmat suit when the bulbs break find a place that they can be safely discard. And buy them more times than they are worth when they don'r work.

I guess I can live without 100w bulbs.

There's always using more bulbs if necessary.

You think it is better to use 3 bulbs that contain mercury, burn more electricity, and still not produce enough light, rather than 1 that does the job perfectly.

You must be a progressive and and an environmentalist, anyone with a brain is laughing at you.

Last edited:
The fact most ‘let the market decide’ rightists fail to accept is often the markets can be wrong, since they’re created and manipulated by fallible humans.

Here Congress is acting appropriately within its Constitutional mandate, the legislation is clearly Necessary and Proper.

First, how the fuck are the markets wrong?

Second, did anyone other than some pretend idiot that likes to think he understands the law say Congress could, or could not, do this?

Third, you are completely wrong that the Necessary and Proper clause covers this.

Well we only had TV since the 60's for the most part and were not as programmable as when we were younger.

900 lb TV on a tv tray. "Let 'im pull it down on himself! He'll learn!"

Our TV had a remote control.

Me.

That is all.

George

Bwaahhh.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only Pussies are afraid of 100 Watt Bulbs. :razz: ;) :lol: :)

Stop Whining already.

???? OK meathead

That is all.

George

Bwaahhh.

Lead is a known toxin to human beings and a dangerous pollutant in soil and water. It made sense to remove it from auto fuel that was increasing the pollutants in our environment.

The incandescent bulb, used as intended, is a non toxic, non polluting product in production, in storage, in use, and in disposal in landfills.
(bold added by me)

So now coal fired power plants are pollution free.

GOT IT.

Forum List

Back