No mention from America(Contrary to India post)

S

Spirit_Soul

Bush UN omission disappoints deputy PM
Kochi, Sept. 24 (PTI): L.K. Advani today expressed disappointment over the “failure” of US President George W. Bush to mention India as a victim of terror in his speech at the UN general assembly.

The deputy Prime Minister said the “admission” by a Pakistani minister about the presence of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim in Karachi only confirmed what has been denied by Islamabad for so long.

“Indian people have expressed disappointment over the US’ failure to take note of terrorism being faced by India,” Advani told reporters accompanying him to Kochi to attend the 50th birthday celebrations of spiritual leader Mata Amritanandamayi.

Advani was replying to a question on Bush mentioning Bali, Casablanca, Riyadh, Jakarta and Jerusalem as places that were victims of terrorism but making no reference to India.

“While violence for the purpose of vendetta or to settle political scores has been known to the world for a long time, the growth of terrorism as a weapon to achieve political objectives is a recent phenomenon,” he said.

The deputy Prime Minister said while the world had become acutely aware of terrorist organisations like the al Qaida and the Taliban, particularly after the September 11 attacks in the US, “there is still lack of realisation that state-sponsored terrorism is worse than terrorist organisations”.

“I wish the world became acutely aware of the fact that for India, ISI, which is a limb of the state of Pakistan, is more dangerous than al Qaida or Taliban,” Advani said.

Asked about Dawood’s presence in Pakistan and whether India would take it up with the Interpol, Advani avoided a direct reply but said CBI chief P.C. Sharma was leaving today to attend an Interpol conference.

Your post is right on - India should be a partner with the US in the GWOT. I wonder why they don't tackle the threat of terrorism head on.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Your post is right on - India should be a partner with the US in the GWOT. I wonder why they don't tackle the threat of terrorism head on.

Jeff, if I remember correctly, India has the most muslims of any nation in the world... I think that may have something to do with it.

Originally posted by NightTrain
Jeff, if I remember correctly, India has the most muslims of any nation in the world... I think that may have something to do with it.

Actually, that has nothing to do with it, they have problems with terrorists doing "JIHAD" at their borders. The deputy prime minister of India clearly says that the terrorists at their borders are more dangerous to them than Al qaida so they won't help U.S.A. , but this does not mean that they are not waging war or Terror, they are just doing it seperately for decades now, dumping huge sums of money into it.

The second largest muslim populated country in Asia is India, however the Muslim population in India is still a minority compared to the number of hindus that are there in that country.

Actually, I think Indonesia has the largest Muslim population in the world. Muslims, as Spirit Soul stated, are a minority in India (albeit a significant one).

Originally posted by Spirit_Soul
The deputy prime minister of India clearly says that the terrorists at their borders are more dangerous to them than Al qaida so they won't help U.S.A. , but this does not mean that they are not waging war or Terror, they are just doing it seperately for decades now, dumping huge sums of money into it.

Well if thats how they want to do it..and not team up with us...stop bitching about us not acknowledging them being victims of terrorism.

Originally posted by Jackass
Well if thats how they want to do it..and not team up with us...stop bitching about us not acknowledging them being victims of terrorism.

Actually, they did team up with U.S.A. . Their ISI (don't know what the full name s) has been working and has provided intelligence to CIA about the actions of Al-qaida. I will search for the article I read if you want it.

I think it is better for people here to consider what they are saying before they say it...just a suggestion.
:p

Forum List

Back