Poll shows Baghdad residents optimistic

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20030924-080344-5035r.htm

"Nearly two-thirds of Baghdad residents say the removal of Saddam Hussein was worth the hardships they have endured, a report said Wednesday."

"Despite the collapse of government and civic institutions, looting and violence and shortages of water and electricity, 67 percent of 1,178 Iraqis told a Gallup survey team within five years, their lives will be better than before the U.S.-led invasion."

Not all was rosy! But hell, Chirac was too busy scratching his ass to do anything to assist the Iraqi people and fight terrorism.

"Residents said they hold France and its president, Jacques Chirac, in higher regard than President George W. Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair."

Originally posted by jimnyc
http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20030924-080344-5035r.htm

"Nearly two-thirds of Baghdad residents say the removal of Saddam Hussein was worth the hardships they have endured, a report said Wednesday."

"Despite the collapse of government and civic institutions, looting and violence and shortages of water and electricity, 67 percent of 1,178 Iraqis told a Gallup survey team within five years, their lives will be better than before the U.S.-led invasion."

Not all was rosy! But hell, Chirac was too busy scratching his ass to do anything to assist the Iraqi people and fight terrorism.

"Residents said they hold France and its president, Jacques Chirac, in higher regard than President George W. Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair."

:clap:
nice bit of bipartisan reporting, there, God. I'm impressed. anyone made any mention of the French president's popularity among Iraqui's over in the France forum? :D

Originally posted by Bry
:clap:
nice bit of bipartisan reporting, there, God. I'm impressed. anyone made any mention of the French president's popularity among Iraqui's over in the France forum? :D

The story is about Iraq, and was rightfully placed in the "Iraq" forum. Are you inferring the French are incapable of reading more than one forum per visit? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by jimnyc
The story is about Iraq, and was rightfully placed in the "Iraq" forum. Are you inferring the French are incapable of reading more than one forum per visit? :rolleyes:

No, Jimnyc, but I was over there and was disappointed to see a good and witty interlocutor get chased off for responding to humor with humor and defending the position of France. The board is less interesting without Frog in Rome's participation. If your goal is to keep the regular participation on these boards to a number I can count on two hands, you all are doing a fine job. I understand that the French policies merit criticism and that their motives are not as altruistic as some would have us believe. Neverless, their reaction is defencable and does not merit the pack-of-wolves knee jerk reaction that it receives here.

Originally posted by Bry
No, Jimnyc, but I was over there and was disappointed to see a good and witty interlocutor get chased off for responding to humor with humor and defending the position of France. The board is less interesting without Frog in Rome's participation. If your goal is to keep the regular participation on these boards to a number I can count on two hands, you all are doing a fine job. I understand that the French policies merit criticism and that their motives are not as altruistic as some would have us believe. Neverless, their reaction is defencable and does not merit the pack-of-wolves knee jerk reaction that it receives here.

No one was "chased off". If someone offers a differing opinion than mine, I will state mine in the same manner, and I expect no less from those opposed to my views. If you leave because you don't like my "sarcasm" or views, then this is the wrong forum you anyway.

Look at the reception "Isaac Brock" has received. Although his opinions differ from the board regulars, he is being welcomed warmly due to the way he posts. Look at the difference in the way you are responded to now compared to your first few posts. You will be replied to in the manner you have posted. If you are new to the board you should start off in a non-aggressive manner, not jump right into flame wars.

This board is for adults. Adults can usually accept criticism and humor.

The board is doing quite well for it's short existence, and some of us are working hard to make it even better. I understand your theory here, but it will not stop the progress of the board. Look at Yahoo's message boards, they have retards posting all day and it's nearly impossible to follow a conversation as to the way it is managed. It's moderated worse than any boards I have ever been on. Yet it has thousands of posters on a daily basis, if not hourly.

point taken. this board certainly has some advantages over Yahoo. I hope the dialogue picks up, though... in the mean time I'll be at yahoo, and waiting for some responses to my posts here.

Bry

Forum List

Back