No Leftist Haters May Read This!

4. The right, with its beliefs in a strong military; in individuals, not the state;[/url]

Uh, anyone not see the comical contradiction in that statement?

The desire for a massive imperialist military, flung across the globe, is about as clear a belief in 'the state' as one can have.

Defense of the United States is required of the federal government in the Constitution. Also, a belief in a strong military is not the same as a "desire for a massive imperialist military, flung across the globe". You might want to actually discuss the points being presented, rather than rely on hyperbole.

Operative word is "defense" in the Constitution; the word "offense" is not mentioned.

Defense of the United States is required of the federal government in the Constitution. Also, a belief in a strong military is not the same as a "desire for a massive imperialist military, flung across the globe". You might want to actually discuss the points being presented, rather than rely on hyperbole.

Show me how many conservatives want to reduce the size, scope, and distribution of our military and we'll go from there.

Say what? What does that have to do with anything that's been said before? I think you're having an argument with yourself. I hope you win.

You'll learn to keep up eventually.

The military is a Constitutional function of the Federal government and when you have a military big enough, well trained enough, and well equipped enough to defeat ANYBODY who messes with us, nobody dares mess with us. Or our allies. It is the best recipe for peace there is.

So reduce size and strength, no.

Scope and distribution we can certainly discuss. There is some wiggle room there.

But where Conservatives want to reduce the cost is in the waste, in the no bid contracts, in the graft, corruption, and purchased favors. We want a full audit and integrity restored to the process of spending and laws put into place so that no elected official or bureaucrat can personally benefit from spending the people's money.

When the liberals agree with us on that, then we can start making it happen.

You sound like you're speaking for alot of people who don't know you're speaking for them.

Most conservatives want more defense spending, more military. All I ask is, when it is ENOUGH?? When will conservatives ever say, okay, we have enough military, we can stop making it bigger now.

So I who am a conservative cannot speak for conservatives, but you who despise anything conservative or embrace anything on the left are qualified to speak for conservatives?

You don't see a disconnect there somewhere?

Did Prager claim that conservatives support the individual over the state?

yes

Do conservatives want a bigger and bigger military, which is the quintessential example of 'the state'? Generally yes.

I highly doubt that....not with the state of SS and the upcoming baby boomers retirement. Not to mention the internet.

How do you think they were paid for the first time?

Bush ready to raid social security to fund tax cuts - Telegraph

I have no doubt that's how they plan for them to get paid for again. The GOP lost all credibility in calling themselves "Fiscal Conservatives" once again when they blocked Unemployment Benefits extensions but wanted to continue the Bush Tax Cuts which were over 20x larger in cost.

You sound like you're speaking for alot of people who don't know you're speaking for them.

Most conservatives want more defense spending, more military. All I ask is, when it is ENOUGH?? When will conservatives ever say, okay, we have enough military, we can stop making it bigger now.

So I who am a conservative cannot speak for conservatives, but you who despise anything conservative or embrace anything on the left are qualified to speak for conservatives?

You don't see a disconnect there somewhere?

Did Prager claim that conservatives support the individual over the state?

yes

Do conservatives want a bigger and bigger military, which is the quintessential example of 'the state'? Generally yes.

You do realize that life is not always black and white, right. Life is usually in the shade of gray, FYI

I highly doubt that....not with the state of SS and the upcoming baby boomers retirement. Not to mention the internet.

How do you think they were paid for the first time?

Bush ready to raid social security to fund tax cuts - Telegraph

I have no doubt that's how they plan for them to get paid for again. The GOP lost all credibility in calling themselves "Fiscal Conservatives" once again when they blocked Unemployment Benefits extensions but wanted to continue the Bush Tax Cuts which were over 20x larger in cost.

I sticking with my first post on this subject....unless you can come up with something to the contrary other than history.

Best example of 'projection' I've seen in a very long time.

It's getting harder and harder with each passing day to pick out the "best" projection, the "best" hypocritical issue, the "best" embellished news story. The left does lack one very serious talent that the right has always enjoyed, and that's the ability to engage a completely gullible audience.

Isn't that how the democrats got Obama elected? :eusa_whistle:

I'm sure in many pockets of the country there were people who simply wanted Obama to be president because he was (a) black, (b) promised health care, (c) was a great orator or (d) all of the above, and were gullible enough to believe that all campaign promises would be fulfilled. But I think most of us voted for him because he was the party's candidate, period.

I specifically meant, however, that the right wing noise machine has always had the talent to transfix their audience to the point of believing anything they say, factual or not.

It's getting harder and harder with each passing day to pick out the "best" projection, the "best" hypocritical issue, the "best" embellished news story. The left does lack one very serious talent that the right has always enjoyed, and that's the ability to engage a completely gullible audience.

Isn't that how the democrats got Obama elected? :eusa_whistle:

I'm sure in many pockets of the country there were people who simply wanted Obama to be president because he was (a) black, (b) promised health care, (c) was a great orator or (d) all of the above, and were gullible enough to believe that all campaign promises would be fulfilled. But I think most of us voted for him because he was the party's candidate, period.

I specifically meant, however, that the right wing noise machine has always had the talent to transfix their audience to the point of believing anything they say, factual or not.

I think that the majority of the voters for each party are gullible, Maggie. Most do not partake in politics and vote on the snippets, and headlines.

I sticking with my first post on this subject....unless you can come up with something to the contrary other than history.

What do you mean? This is history. It's a joke that Conservatives, or least the ones in Congress are trying to paint themselves as defenders of civil liberties and fiscal hawks.

I could make a great list if you like. Point is, Conservatives trying to act like they currently are and trusting them would be like opening the hen house door for the Foxes.

What do you mean? This is history. It's a joke that Conservatives, or least the ones in Congress are trying to paint themselves as defenders of civil liberties and fiscal hawks.

I could make a great list if you like. Point is, Conservatives trying to act like they currently are and trusting them would be like opening the hen house door for the Foxes.

My bad.....I thought we were talking about politicians raiding SS again.

You should say Conservatives AND DEMOCRATS trying to act like they currently are and trusting them would be like opening the hen house door for the Foxes. There just isn't that much difference if you hadn't noticed.

Show me how many conservatives want to reduce the size, scope, and distribution of our military and we'll go from there.

The military is a Constitutional function of the Federal government and when you have a military big enough, well trained enough, and well equipped enough to defeat ANYBODY who messes with us, nobody dares mess with us. Or our allies. It is the best recipe for peace there is.

So reduce size and strength, no.

Scope and distribution we can certainly discuss. There is some wiggle room there.

But where Conservatives want to reduce the cost is in the waste, in the no bid contracts, in the graft, corruption, and purchased favors. We want a full audit and integrity restored to the process of spending and laws put into place so that no elected official or bureaucrat can personally benefit from spending the people's money.

When the liberals agree with us on that, then we can start making it happen.

Ironically, a true audit of the Pentagon is something the Democrats have been wanting for years and years. It's been the Democrats who have been the loudest voices about waste and out of control costs within the DoD. The Republicans just now got on board, because before 2003, the mantra was "don't touch the military." To do so was seen as unpatriotic.

I don't think I've ever seen a more stunning display of hypocrisy than PC whining and moaning about lefties insulting conservatives while still having Ann Coulter in her signature. Or even the fact that it's PC who frequently posts the same 'liberals are evil' copypasta.

You should say Conservatives AND DEMOCRATS trying to act like they currently are and trusting them would be like opening the hen house door for the Foxes. There just isn't that much difference if you hadn't noticed.

I am. In this case the GOP is going to raid it once again to fund the Bush Tax Cuts.

I already said that about the Democrats a couple posts prior.

I am. In this case the GOP is going to raid it once again to fund the Bush Tax Cuts.I already said that about the Democrats a couple posts prior.

Link?

Willow--

Like it or not, we all share the same country, common humnaity and breathe the same air.

That said, I clearly don't belong on this thread. It's for left haters. Enjoy yourselves.

Yes. We do.

And we all see it differently.

However, the left seems to want changes so the right is forced to accept the left as a way of life....and thus initiatives to force the tax payer to pay for things even if it is not part of their personal lives

The right simply wants things to stay as it is and let everyone live their lives the way they want....and make choices who to do business with and who to be friends with; etc...
Uh have you even seen the Christian right?

For the love of God......The left is the same as the right with your post.....the funny part is you just can't see it.

I'm on the left and I don't do it.

At least you agree that Prager and everyone who agrees with him here are doing it.

No, I'm not agreeing to anything,
I'm calling you out on a bone headed remark.

I would have to backtrack and re-read the exchange, but if the dispute is over whether liberals are more hypocritical than conservatives, I would point to the opening dissertation by a known uber conservative radio commentator, known to write/say inflamatory things to which his choir all jumps in to high five. But when a "liberal" counters the argument, he/she is slapped with being an ignorant partisan. The only thing ignorant is that perception.

About what? Them doing it the first time or the 2nd time? I already posted a link as to the first time. As for the second time, it's my logical and educated assumption that it wouldn't change.

Forum List

Back