No Intellectuals allowed!!!!

If being an intellectual elitist snob means thinking that people being proud of this...

2914596719_b01210579c.jpg

...and actually believing this...

creation-museum.jpg

...is a national embarrassment, then so be it.

If being an intellectual elitist snob means thinking that people being proud of this...

creation-museum.jpg

Are you saying that people lived with "dinosaurs"?

The funny thing about scientific contributions to the US is that they are real.

People making "creationist" museums aren't out digging up fossils and doing carbon dating and studying radioactive decay. They're not "contributing". They don't publish scientific papers, or even write any. They don't study geology or paleontology. Or plate tectonics. They don't dig up air bubbles from Antarctic ice pack to see what the air was like 100,000 years ago and figure out how it's changed and is changing. Those people don't study the earths magnetic field and how it keeps us safe from cosmic rays. They don't dig up meteors to find the source of iridium that blanketed the earth in the past leaving indisputable proof of meteor collisions. They don't study the grand canyon and figure out why the fossils at the bottom are simple and grow more complex as you move up through the layers of earth.

What they do is confuse people who already think the Sun travels around the Earth. And please don't look surprised and say, "It doesn't?"

another leftie example of an "intellectual"

che.gif

their hero che'

with a screen name of Fatality and a screen image of a Republican attack squad ninja, it is obvious intellect is not your strong suit.

I will be in the Phoenix area next week. How will I be able to identify you. Do you go around in the Ninja outfit in 120 degree heat.

creation-museum.jpg

People making "creationist" museums aren't out digging up fossils and doing carbon dating and studying radioactive decay. They're not "contributing". They don't publish scientific papers, or even write any. They don't study geology or paleontology. Or plate tectonics. They don't dig up air bubbles from Antarctic ice pack to see what the air was like 100,000 years ago and figure out how it's changed and is changing. Those people don't study the earths magnetic field and how it keeps us safe from cosmic rays. They don't dig up meteors to find the source of iridium that blanketed the earth in the past leaving indisputable proof of meteor collisions. They don't study the grand canyon and figure out why the fossils at the bottom are simple and grow more complex as you move up through the layers of earth.

What they do is confuse people who already think the Sun travels around the Earth. And please don't look surprised and say, "It doesn't?"

You're so right, as usual.:eusa_drool:
Present Creationist Scientists—Individuals on this list must posess a doctorate in a science-related field

Dr Paul Ackerman, Psychologist
Dr Steve Austin, Geologist
Dr S.E. Aw, Biochemist
Dr Thomas Barnes, Physicist
Dr Don Batten, Plant physiologist, tropical fruit expert
Dr John Baumgardner, Geophysicist, expert in supercomputer modeling of plate tectonics
Dr Jerry Bergman, Psychologist
Dr Kimberly Berrine, Microbiology & Immunology
Prof. Vladimir Betina, Microbiology, Biochemistry & Biology
Dr Raymond G. Bohlin, Creationist Biologist
Dr Andrew Bosanquet, Biology, Microbiology
Dr David R. Boylan, Chemical Engineer
Prof. Linn E. Carothers, Associate Professor of Statistics
Dr David Catchpoole, Creationist Plant Physiologist
Prof. Sung-Do Cha, Physics
Dr Eugene F. Chaffin, Professor of Physics
Dr Choong-Kuk Chang, Genetic Engineering
Prof. Jeun-Sik Chang, Aeronautical Engineering
Dr Donald Chittick, Physical Chemist
Prof. Chung-Il Cho, Biology Education
Dr Harold Coffin, Palaeontologist
Dr Bob Compton, DVM
Dr Ken Cumming, Biologist
Dr Jack W. Cuozzo, Dentist
Dr Malcolm Cutchins, Aerospace Engineering
Dr Lionel Dahmer, Organic Chemistry
Dr Raymond V. Damadian, M.D., Pioneer of magnetic resonance imaging
Dr Chris Darnbrough, Biochemist
Dr Douglas Dean, Biological Chemistry
Prof. Stephen W. Deckard, Assistant Professor of Education
Dr David A. DeWitt, Biology, Biochemistry, Neuroscience
Dr Don DeYoung, Astronomy, atmospheric physics, M.Div
Dr Geoff Downes, Creationist Plant Physiologist
Dr Ted Driggers
Dr André Eggen, Creationist geneticist
Prof. Dennis L. Englin, Professor of Geophysics
Prof. Danny Faulkner, Astronomy
Prof. Carl B. Fliermans, Professor of Biology
Prof. Robert H. Franks, Associate Professor of Biology
Dr Duane Gish, Biochemist
Dr Werner Gitt, Information Scientist
Dr Dianne Grocott, Creationist Psychiatrist
Dr Stephen Grocott, Creationist Industrial Chemist
Dr Donald Hamann, Food Scientist
Dr Barry Harker, Philosopher
Dr Charles W. Harrison, Applied Physicist, Electromagnetics
Dr George Hawke, Creationist Environmental Scientist
Dr Margaret Helder, Science Editor, Creationist Botanist
Dr Harold R. Henry, Engineer
Dr Jonathan Henry, Astronomy
Dr Joseph Henson, Entomologist
Robert A. Herrmann, Professor of Mathematics, US Naval Academy
Dr Kelly Hollowell, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacologist
Dr Ed Holroyd, III, Atmospheric Science
Dr Russell Humphreys, Physicist
Dr Pierre Jerlström, Creationist Molecular Biologist
Dr Jonathan W. Jones, Plastic Surgeon
Dr Raymond Jones, Creationist Agricultural Scientist
Prof. Leonid Korochkin, Molecular Biology
Dr Valery Karpounin, Mathematical Sciences, Logics, Formal Logics
Dr Dean Kenyon, Biologist
Prof. Gi-Tai Kim, Biology
Prof. Harriet Kim, Biochemistry
Prof. Jong-Bai Kim, Biochemistry
Prof. Jung-Han Kim, Biochemistry
Prof. Jung-Wook Kim, Environmental Science
Prof. Kyoung-Rai Kim, Analytical Chemistry
Prof. Kyoung-Tai Kim, Genetic Engineering
Prof. Young-Gil Kim, Materials Science
Prof. Young In Kim, Engineering
Dr John W. Klotz, Biologist
Dr Vladimir F. Kondalenko, Cytology/Cell Pathology
Dr Leonid Korochkin, M.D., Genetics, Molecular Biology, Neurobiology
Prof. Jin-Hyouk Kwon, Physics
Prof. Myung-Sang Kwon, Immunology
Prof. John Lennox, Mathematics
Dr John Leslie, Biochemist
Prof. Lane P. Lester, Biologist, Genetics
Dr Alan Love, Chemist
Dr Ian Macreadie, Creationist molecular biologist and microbiologist:
Dr John Mann, Agriculturist
Dr John Marcus, Creationist Molecular Biologist
Dr George Marshall, Creationist Eye Disease Researcher
Dr Ralph Matthews, Radiation Chemist
Prof. Andy McIntosh, Combustion theory, aerodynamics
Dr David Menton, Creationist Anatomist
Dr Angela Meyer: Creationist Plant Physiologist
Dr John Meyer , Physiologist
Dr John N. Moore, Science Educator
Dr Henry M. Morris, Hydrologist
Dr John D. Morris , Geologist
Dr Len Morris, Physiologist
Dr Graeme Mortimer, Geologist
Prof. Hee-Choon No, Nuclear Engineering
Dr David Oderberg, Philosopher
Prof. John Oller, Linguistics
Prof. Chris D. Osborne , Assistant Professor of Biology
Dr John Osgood, Medical Practitioner
Dr Charles Pallaghy, Botanist
Dr Gary E. Parker , Biologist, Cognate in Geology (Paleontology)
Dr John Rankin, Cosmologist:
Dr A.S. Reece, M.D.
Prof. J. Rendle-Short, Pediatrics
Dr Jung-Goo Roe, Biology
Dr David Rosevear, Chemist
Dr Jonathan D. Sarfati, Physical chemist / spectroscopist
Dr Joachim Scheven Palaeontologist:
Dr Ian Scott, Educator
Dr Saami Shaibani, Forensic physicist
Dr Young-Gi Shim, Chemistry
Prof. Hyun-Kil Shin, Food Science
Dr Mikhail Shulgin, Physics
Dr Emil Silvestru, Creationist geologist/karstologist
Dr Roger Simpson, Engineer
Dr Harold Slusher, Geophysicist
Dr Andrew Snelling , Geologist
Prof. Man-Suk Song, Computer Science
Prof. James Stark , Assistant Professor of Science Education
Prof. Brian Stone, Engineer
Dr Charles Taylor, Linguistics
Dr Michael Todhunter, Forest Genetics
Dr Lyudmila Tonkonog, Chemistry/Biochemistry
Dr Royal Truman, Organic Chemist:
Dr Larry Vardiman, Atmospheric Science
Prof. Walter Veith, Zoologist
Dr Joachim Vetter, Biologist
Dr Tas Walker, Mechanical Engineer and Geologist
Dr Keith Wanser, Physicist
Dr Noel Weeks, Ancient Historian (also has B.Sc. in Zoology)
Dr A.J. Monty White, Chemistry/Gas Kinetics
Dr Carl Wieland, Medical doctor
Dr Clifford Wilson, Psycholinguist and archaeologist
Dr Kurt Wise, Palaeontologist
Dr Bryant Wood, Creationist Archaeologist
Prof. Seoung-Hoon Yang, Physics
Dr Thomas (Tong Y.) Yi, Ph.D.,
Dr Ick-Dong Yoo, Genetics
Dr Sung-Hee Yoon, Biology
Dr Patrick Young, Creationist Chemist and Materials Scientist
Prof. Keun Bae Yu, Geography

creation-museum.jpg

Present Creationist Scientists—Individuals on this list must posess a doctorate in a science-related field

I've seen this silly list before. The very first one I look at, Dr. Steve Austin, I do a quick search and there is a review of a paper he wrote. Here is part of the review:

"I don't think there can be any doubt that Steven Austin's young-Earth, catastrophic model for the formation of the Colorado Plateau and the Grand Canyon fails in a great many ways. It does not explain the known facts, despite calling on a number of unjustifiable ad hoc hypotheses. It is internally contradictory, as well as inconsistent with the known evidence. Quite simply, it doesn't work, and there doesn't appear to be any way to salvage it so that it does work. Rationally, the only conclusion is that Austin's model fails, and it must be discarded."

GRAND CANYON: MONUMENT TO CATASTROPHE
Steven A. Austin
c. 1994, Institute for Creation Research

This comment is even better: "It is even less meaningful if one seeks to perform an experiment under circumstances that are known beforehand to be inappropriate, and this is precisely what Steven Austin is doing. He has set up an experiment that will fail because he has chosen circumstances that guarantee the outcome."

The scientific community sees him as ridiculous. I just have to visit some of the rest of the list for even more entertaining reading. You point to a “clown” as “evidence”?

I'll admit to not reading any of the posts regarding ID. My bottom line, there's lots of evidence to back up evolution. Might someday be more for something else? ID so far isn't cutting it.

Evolution in science, ID perhaps in religion, ethics, what have you.

I've seen this silly list before. The very first one I look at, Dr. Steve Austin, I do a quick search and there is a review of a paper he wrote. Here is part of the review:

"I don't think there can be any doubt that Steven Austin's young-Earth, catastrophic model for the formation of the Colorado Plateau and the Grand Canyon fails in a great many ways. It does not explain the known facts, despite calling on a number of unjustifiable ad hoc hypotheses. It is internally contradictory, as well as inconsistent with the known evidence. Quite simply, it doesn't work, and there doesn't appear to be any way to salvage it so that it does work. Rationally, the only conclusion is that Austin's model fails, and it must be discarded."

Steven A. Austin

This comment is even better: "It is even less meaningful if one seeks to perform an experiment under circumstances that are known beforehand to be inappropriate, and this is precisely what Steven Austin is doing. He has set up an experiment that will fail because he has chosen circumstances that guarantee the outcome."

The scientific community sees him as ridiculous. I just have to visit some of the rest of the list for even more entertaining reading. You point to a “clown” as “evidence”?

One out of how many?
I was simply ponting out the falicy of your statement. Whether you approve of the people on the list or not is up to you, I could care less. Whether right or wrong each person on the list has the academic credentials proving they are indeed scientists which negates your premise concerning scientists and creationism. That was the only point of my post.
Besides this is actually a topic for a different thread, we've hijacked this one long enough.

Steven A. Austin

One out of how many?
I was simply ponting out the falicy of your statement. Whether you approve of the people on the list or not is up to you, I could care less. Whether right or wrong each person on the list has the academic credentials proving they are indeed scientists which negates your premise concerning scientists and creationism. That was the only point of my post.
Besides this is actually a topic for a different thread, we've hijacked this one long enough.

The list includes people that have doctorates, not what they actually DO with those doctorates. BIG FREAKIN DIFFERENCE.

There aren't even 300 names on that list. We number about 300M now, not exactly convincing. Try again.

What is the premise of this thread?

That if Bay Buchanan says something, that's the RULE for all purposes on such topics?

The snobbish self-congratulatory elitist supercilious pantloads at liberal academic or liberal press gatherings are arguably "intellectuals," but if that's what one means by "intellectuals" then why would any reasonable folk want any of them around? Yeech.

On the other hand, if -- by the term "intellectual" -- one is referring instead to learned types with a willingness to contemplate the larger issues of our day and discuss them along the lines of some over-arching set of principles, then who wouldn't want some of those folks around?

Steven A. Austin

One out of how many?

The list includes people that have doctorates, not what they actually DO with those doctorates. BIG FREAKIN DIFFERENCE.

There aren't even 300 names on that list. We number about 300M now, not exactly convincing. Try again.

Wow, now I'm so impressed, I'm nearly ready to flip to your side. NOT. Might be because I'm not an elitist, in spite of my background/education. At least to your logic. LOL

Steven A. Austin

One out of how many?

I'll try again..... That wasn't the point of my post. Read his original post and see what and why I responded the way I did........ It has nothing to do with numbers or even credibility, some are less than credible some are very credible...... I don't care....... His premise was there were NO scientists backing creationism, these people are all scientists by virtue of academic criteria. Sometimes it like trying to communicate with an vertical solid structure!!!! Whether, you, I or anyone else agree/disagree with their methods or beliefs has nothing to do with my response, simply that they are scientists.

Whether, you, I or anyone else agree/disagree with their methods or beliefs has nothing to do with my response, simply that they are scientists.

Their methods have everything to do with it.

Steven A. Austin

One out of how many?

They are NOT scientists.

Let me explain the very simple difference between science and magic. With Science, you start off with "observation" and "collect data", but when you make your first hypothesis, you try to disprove it. All scientists try to disprove other scientists work. Only when it stands up to intense scrutiny is is considered.

With magical creation and other such nonsense, the outcome has already been created, magically. Only data they feel "supports" their outlandish fables is ever considered. EVERYTHING ELSE IS DISCARDED. You know what you are looking for even before you start looking for it. THAT ISN'T SCIENCE.

THAT IS IT. THAT IS THE ENTIRE CONTROVERSY.

With the religious, evidence doesn't lead to THE GARDEN OF EDEN. Because there is no evidence. Evidence doesn't lead to Noah's Ark or the Tower of Babel. Give me a break!!!!

He didn't say they didn't have letters after their names. He said

(emphasis added)

In short, they don't follow the scientific method or approach things honestly with the intent of following the evidence. They do nothing to futher human knowledge and are not interested in truth or drawing honest and logical conclusions.

If you are unable to grasp the difference, then there is little hope you'll ever be able to comprehend any meaningful discussion at all.

Steven A. Austin

One out of how many?

They are NOT scientists.

Let me explain the very simple difference between science and magic. With Science, you start off with "observation" and "collect data", but when you make your first hypothesis, you try to disprove it. All scientists try to disprove other scientists work. Only when it stands up to intense scrutiny is is considered.

With magical creation and other such nonsense, the outcome has already been created, magically. Only data they feel "supports" their outlandish fables is ever considered. EVERYTHING ELSE IS DISCARDED. You know what you are looking for even before you start looking for it. THAT ISN'T SCIENCE.

THAT IS IT. THAT IS THE ENTIRE CONTROVERSY.

With the religious, evidence doesn't lead to THE GARDEN OF EDEN. Because there is no evidence. Evidence doesn't lead to Noah's Ark or the Tower of Babel. Give me a break!!!!

I understand the scientific process and empirical evidence. And in some cases I've found both terribly lacking on both sides, especially when it comes to impirical evidence. Regardless of what your personal views of these people are the technical point I was making was they are recognized has holding the credentials of those who are considered scientists, nothing more. How much more plain can I make it?

Urban Dictionary has the answer! Here are a few definitions:

Intellectual

• Someone who has found something more interesting than sex and alcohol.
  • A person with a creative mind who studies and reflects and thinks himself out of a basic knowedge of who he really is.
  • Word that people who have no good looks associate themselves with in order to have some self-worth.
  • A person whose education surpasses their intelligence.
  • Someone who thinks they are better than the "common people".

You only quoted. Are you saying that "intellectual" is something not worth aspiring too?
Not to cons. They admire people who are ordinary or tending towards stupid.

Intellectuals--& nobody's-- that could give a good speech that got us into this mess in the first place.

Give'me Sarah Palin any year, any month, any day over a bunch of overly educated MORONS.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back