NO Hit Wonders

Not sure if you knew but John Hartford did have a hit song... he actually won a Grammy... it was just recorded by Glen Campbell.

And that brings up another rare gem. Bela Fleck!
He's the only person I've ever known who can play the banjo and make you feel it.

Not sure if you knew but John Hartford did have a hit song... he actually won a Grammy... it was just recorded by Glen Campbell.

Did not know that. I'll have to use that bit of trivia on my ma. It's not often I can get something pertaining to country music past her.

Velvet Underground

Sweet Jane

I´m Waiting for the Man

I really like the song, Sweet Jane. Great tune! :)

I like that song too but I'm more familiar with the Lou Reed version and the Cowboy Junkies.

I heard the Cowboy Junkies version first, so that is probably why I'm partial to that particular version. Also, the woman who sings has a lovely voice.

ChrisL

The topic is "NO" hit wonders. Bands like Sublime and Pearl Jam are not no hit wonders. Pearl Jam probably had near a dozen top 10 hits. IIRC Sublime had at least one or two in the top 10.

ChrisL

The topic is "NO" hit wonders. Bands like Sublime and Pearl Jam are not no hit wonders. Pearl Jam probably had near a dozen top 10 hits. IIRC Sublime had at least one or two in the top 10.

I should have posted Sublime in the one hit wonders. They only had one hit song. None of those other songs ever had a #1 spot on Billboard.

"What I Got", which remains the band's only No. 1 hit single (on the Billboard Alternative Songs chart) in their musical career.

^^^ As a singer, a no hit wonder is what that man is, but as a writer, he is no stranger to having success. Go here for his songwriting credits. :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back