No Harm - No Foul?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

I always have mixed thoughts about situations like the one described in this article. It seems to me that the Law never distinguishes between the situation where an adult male teacher seduces a female student, and a situation where a adult female teacher seduces a male student.

This is nonsense.

The harm to the female child is an order of magnitude greater than the truly speculative harm done to the male child (described in this article). They should be treated differently, and the punishments should be dramatically different. They only reason why they are not is that male legislators don't want to be perceived as misogynistic - or something.

And much of the drama of this case is generated by the boy's parents looking to make money with a lawsuit against the school district.

I always have mixed thoughts about situations like the one described in this article. It seems to me that the Law never distinguishes between the situation where an adult male teacher seduces a female student, and a situation where a adult female teacher seduces a male student.

This is nonsense.

The harm to the female child is an order of magnitude greater than the truly speculative harm done to the male child (described in this article). They should be treated differently, and the punishments should be dramatically different. They only reason why they are not is that male legislators don't want to be perceived as misogynistic - or something.

And much of the drama of this case is generated by the boy's parents looking to make money with a lawsuit against the school district.
Dude, you don't wanna be on the side of the child molester.

This is an OP that never shoulda happened.

This is nonsense.

Hmmmmmmmmmm....

I don't know.

Back when nary Kay LeTourneau was doing it with a 12/13 year old boy, I couldn't see how everyone around me was shrugging their shoulders while I was puking with revulsion.

Forum List

Back