Are trans in Florida discriminated against.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
I have a trans daughter. She’s a straight-A student who’s looking at colleges. She’s not visibly trans. She’s petite with long blonde hair, a cheerleader. Her passport is female. Her birth certificate, which went through a legal process in the deeply Southern state where she was born, is female, as is her Social Security card. Her driver’s license, which she’s looking forward to, will be female. She won’t go through a male puberty. No one at her current school, except for administrators, knows that she’s trans. She’s smart and funny, and her main concern right now is her math final—as it should be.
snip
What parent would send their child to college at a place where they face criminal charges every time they use the bathroom? Of course, many have no choice, financially.

In-state tuition rates are one of the best things about Florida. Annual in-state tuition at Florida State University, for example, is $5,656. The transgender Florida resident who is now forced to look at out-of-state universities might take note of Massachusetts, where there are strong laws that protect trans people. However, the lowest tuition for an undergraduate degree within the University of Massachusetts institutions is $30,992 per year.

The out-of-state option at the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth will cost a total of $120,612 while the in-state FSU option comes to $22,624.

Because of Governor DeSantis’ anti-trans bathroom bill, this family would be looking to pay an extra $97,988 for a college degree than without this law on the books. This law acts much like a penalty of almost $100,000 because your child is being discriminated against in the state of Florida for being transgender.

the cost of higher education.

I have a trans daughter. She’s a straight-A student who’s looking at colleges. She’s not visibly trans. She’s petite with long blonde hair, a cheerleader. Her passport is female. Her birth certificate, which went through a legal process in the deeply Southern state where she was born, is female, as is her Social Security card. Her driver’s license, which she’s looking forward to, will be female. She won’t go through a male puberty. No one at her current school, except for administrators, knows that she’s trans. She’s smart and funny, and her main concern right now is her math final—as it should be.
snip
What parent would send their child to college at a place where they face criminal charges every time they use the bathroom? Of course, many have no choice, financially.

In-state tuition rates are one of the best things about Florida. Annual in-state tuition at Florida State University, for example, is $5,656. The transgender Florida resident who is now forced to look at out-of-state universities might take note of Massachusetts, where there are strong laws that protect trans people. However, the lowest tuition for an undergraduate degree within the University of Massachusetts institutions is $30,992 per year.

The out-of-state option at the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth will cost a total of $120,612 while the in-state FSU option comes to $22,624.

Because of Governor DeSantis’ anti-trans bathroom bill, this family would be looking to pay an extra $97,988 for a college degree than without this law on the books. This law acts much like a penalty of almost $100,000 because your child is being discriminated against in the state of Florida for being transgender.

Is this a serious and truthful post, or lib fantasy?

I think its made up bs

snip

What people do behind closed doors, is none of my business. Once the queer comes out and starts shoving it in my face, demanding that i accept that behavior as normal, then the gloves come off. I do not support mentally ill people who think they are normal.

snip

Does 'she' have a penis?

If so, 'she' needs to do 'her' 'business' in the boys restroom

What people do behind closed doors, is none of my business. Once the queer comes out and starts shoving it in my face, demanding that i accept that behavior as normal, then the gloves come off. I do not support mentally ill people who think they are normal.
Another Conservative yearning for the days when homosexuals lived in the shadows afraid for anyone to know

Another Conservative yearning for the days when homosexuals lived in the shadows afraid for anyone to know

Its not about being "afraid", its about giving people information they don't need to know and don't want to know. Whatever happened to the idea of sharing one's bizarre sexual practices on a "need to know" basis, and being private and discrete about it?

Its about being sensitive to the feelings of others, RW, something you libs don't have any concept of.

It is discrimination against women to force them to accept biological males into their public restrooms.
It is complete disregard for their choice and comfort.
Especially considering the VAST-VAST-VAST majority of "trans" people are not trans at all. Only a small portion of them are. It is unacceptable to expect women to be forced into a small/private area with male cross dressers.
Extreme discrimination.
But what do you care? We already know you don't.
The female sex is sooo yesterday.

Its not about being "afraid", its about giving people information they don't need to know and don't want to know. Whatever happened to the idea of sharing one's bizarre sexual practices on a "need to know" basis, and being private and discrete about it?

Its about being sensitive to the feelings of others, RW, something you libs don't have any concept of.
I have never met a gay person discussing their sexual practices. That is mostly Conservatives.

I have met gays with their partners or holding hands.
Just like Heterosexuals

It is discrimination against women to force them to accept biological males into their public restrooms.
It is complete disregard for their choice and comfort.
Especially considering the VAST-VAST-VAST majority of "trans" people are not trans at all. Only a small portion of them are. It is unacceptable to expect women to be forced into a small/private area with male cross dressers.
Extreme discrimination.
But what do you care? We already know you don't.
The female sex is sooo yesterday.
Care to back up that fantasy with actual factual information or can we just assume you pulled it out of your closeted ass.

Sounds like a Munchhausen syndrome by proxy scenario. There are plenty of woke lefties in Florida. Your boy will be fine.

Care to back up that fantasy with actual factual information or can we just assume you pulled it out of your closeted ass.

Thank you for illuminating what I said as being true. :thup:

snip

DeSantis is bad for America, DeSantis is bad for Florida, DeSantis is bad period. You trans daughter could move to Mass for a year and take up residency if the in state tuition is affordable at University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth.

snip

So maybe she should use the bathroom that her real gender dictates. Problem solved, why should everyone else have to live in her fantasy world?

snip

So I clicked through to the article and the book this woman wrote about her daughter. Apparently, in their previous home, she was bothered about her daughter. So apparently at least at that time, she wasn't "passing".

I am not in favor of men being in women's spaces, like bathrooms and ESP locker rooms. But stringent laws are not necessarily the solution either for the reason we see above. Rarely, a trans woman will be able to "pass" as a woman. (Rarely). If that's the case, she comes into the woman's bathroom, quietly takes care of business and leaves--whatever. It's the trans that are CLEARLY men in a wig that are bothersome for many reasons.

And I do not see any reason, ever, for men to run around naked in locker rooms with girls because they "identify" as women. Shower at home.

Forum List

Back