No Good Deed

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
Goes unpunished, as they say.

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2006/04/hate_killed_nyu.php

Somehow, I doubt if this kid's death will be the cause of outrage for Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and the rest. But if it is, I hereby promise to pay 50 bucks to every member of USMB who doubts me. In order to qualify for the payment, you must get on this thread and say that I'm a bigoted jerk, and of course Al Sharpton will publicly denounce this.

William Joyce said:
Goes unpunished, as they say.

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2006/04/hate_killed_nyu.php

Somehow, I doubt if this kid's death will be the cause of outrage for Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and the rest. But if it is, I hereby promise to pay 50 bucks to every member of USMB who doubts me. In order to qualify for the payment, you must get on this thread and say that I'm a bigoted jerk, and of course Al Sharpton will publicly denounce this.

Yeah. I said it once and I'll say it again, we have an over-corrected problem. If I'm white, I go to jail for not hiring a black man. If I'm black, I walk free for killing a white man. And this is called "equality"...

thats why i dont hand out change to bums. ;)

Seriously though, its pretty fucked up but im sure it happens more than we realize. Not resulting in death of course but with the number of college campuses located in urban ghettos of major cities in this country, you have to be a moron not to realize the potential for violence.

Take Temple University. They are located in one of the worst neighborhoods in Philly. In order to keep the peace over the years, Temple has hired its own police force to watch just the campus within the city. The Temple police force is the 4th largest in the entire state of PA. Yet rapes, muggings, murders, etc still occur on or around campus. Imagine if there wasnt a large police presence.

insein said:
thats why i dont hand out change to bums. ;)

Seriously though, its pretty fucked up but im sure it happens more than we realize. Not resulting in death of course but with the number of college campuses located in urban ghettos of major cities in this country, you have to be a moron not to realize the potential for violence.

Take Temple University. They are located in one of the worst neighborhoods in Philly. In order to keep the peace over the years, Temple has hired its own police force to watch just the campus within the city. The Temple police force is the 4th largest in the entire state of PA. Yet rapes, muggings, murders, etc still occur on or around campus. Imagine if there wasnt a large police presence.

Yeah, not pleasant to imagine. What's the best deterrant for this, though? Harsher criminal punishments? That's what I've said for years.

Semper Fi said:
Yeah, not pleasant to imagine. What's the best deterrant for this, though? Harsher criminal punishments? That's what I've said for years.

How does that solve anything? The people doing what they are doing are still going to do it. It might deter a few borderline people that actually think before they act but most of these people don't know how to control their emotions. They simply react and do what they want, when they want, how they want.

All you could do is keep beefing up security or remove the campuses from the cities.

insein said:
How does that solve anything? The people doing what they are doing are still going to do it. It might deter a few borderline people that actually think before they act but most of these people don't know how to control their emotions. They simply react and do what they want, when they want, how they want.

All you could do is keep beefing up security or remove the campuses from the cities.

So how do you fight that?

Forum List

Back