No food stamps for any family of a striking worker

Is there a reason why you feel the need to keep pointing out what is irrelevant and relevant to the conversation?
With your post, I see you have made some assumptions about me. Do you feel you are better than me because I stick up for unions?
I guess I can assume you do, it is that, or it is because you think I am poor.

Probably because you keep bringing up irrelevant points.

You have the same right to apply for a good paying job as anyone else does.

What happens when you guys take away all the good paying jobs? That is the part you guys don't seem to understand.
You do understand that the economy does better when we have a strong middle class. Food stamps are not destroying the middle class, but you can keep telling yourself that.

What you don't seem to understand is that it's your policies and desires for overregulation and artificial labor and cost increases that are driving away all the good paying jobs.

Deregulation has worked real well in regards to outsourcing.:lol:
How about the oil industry?

Is there a reason why you feel the need to keep pointing out what is irrelevant and relevant to the conversation?
With your post, I see you have made some assumptions about me. Do you feel you are better than me because I stick up for unions?
I guess I can assume you do, it is that, or it is because you think I am poor.

Probably because you keep bringing up irrelevant points.

I guess it is irrelevant when you prove how hypocritical the right is.

Leftists think that food stamps and welfare checks stimulate the ecomony

I believe paychecks would do a better job

I agree. It's not spending money that stimulates an economy.

It's producing something of value.

You can't do that if you recieve handouts. You only produce value through work.

So let people strike to force their employer to pay them enough to get off welfare.

What is in this bill is a plan to trap poor people into submitting to anything their employer wants

Poor people aren't slaves. If they don't like the job they have, they can quit.

ThinkProgress » Buried Provision In House GOP Bill Would Cut Off Food Stamps To Entire Families If One Member Strikes

Want to talk about class warfare?

The republicans in congress have written into a bill a provision that anyone related to a striking worker will have their food stamps taken away.

So a single Mom can have her food stamps taken away for trying to strike for enough pay to get off of food stamps.

The right is full on against ANY workers rights.

Why do they hate the vast majority of Americans?

I agree with it. It has nothing to do with hating fellow Americans. Your President told all of us that we would have to sacrifice. ALL of us. To deliberately strike in these tough economic times is NOT sacrificing for the common good of Americans.

So you think workers are too stupid to know what is good for them?

Unions are merely groups of people working together.

You want to ban that ?

So you feel all workers offer the same work ethic and output?
Is it fair to worker A who busts his butt to be in on time and does not call in becuase of 2 inches of snow on the ground and only used 2 of his sick days as he did not consider a stuffed nose as being sick should get no more consideration than the employee that uses every sick day afforded him by contract (whether he is sick or not); and calls in everytime it snows out?

Do you truly believe that every employee in any given company has the exact same work ethic?

And assuming you are smart enough to realize that not every worker has the same work ethic...what do you think happens when there is no recognition of a better work ethic? DO you think the lazier worker steps up to meet the ethic of the other....or do you think the other is more likely to say "what the hell am I working so hard for....my co-worker calls in sick once a week and and I get no more than he does"

What do you think the outcome would be?

And...of course...no response to the above.

You honestly think any of them bothered to try to understand the very obvious and practical argument you made? The whole basis of their argument is emotion. They haven't thought it through at all.

What if you are in your 50s, and no one will hire you? And your job was outsourced, because the company can pay foreign workers less and then sell their product back to the US with little penalty.
Going after workers has created this environment, catering to corporations that out source their jobs is creating this environment and economy. There is no job to get, and why create a new business when no one has money to buy whatever you are selling?

Then you are making excuses and need to get off your ass and go to work.

No, "unions" think workers are too stupid to know what is good for them.
And how are unions merely groups of people when the union is useually a seperate entity? And where the leaders get rich off of the union members through dues.
And the first amendment protects them so your last question is senseless.

Whether or not they're a "seperate" entity is irrelevant. They are still a group of people that are, as you said, protected by the implied freedom of association in the First.

It is not irrelevant when the union is more interested in keeping their power, and money, then in helping the actual workers.

There's just barely any logical construct to your posts. Unions being a separate entity is irrelevant to them being "merely a group of people". Those are not mutually exclusive concepts.

why dont we let the works decide themselves what is good for them?

Then dont join a union.

In some cases that's not an option. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, where I work it's a Closed Shop. Union positions are NOT available to non-Union employees. To hold any overhead lines, underground lines, substation, meter reading, distribution engineering, operations support, dispatch, telecom, or relay position you MUST be a Union member in good standing. There are no exceptions. By the beginning of August the company will have over 16,000 Union employees and less than 5,000 Management employees (almost all in supervisory or management positions).

Of course you always have the option of looking for a different job, but if you want a job in one of those departments where I work, you don't have the option of not joining the Union.

Then it's the unions who are screwing you there.

What happens when you guys take away all the good paying jobs? That is the part you guys don't seem to understand.
You do understand that the economy does better when we have a strong middle class. Food stamps are not destroying the middle class, but you can keep telling yourself that.

What you don't seem to understand is that it's your policies and desires for overregulation and artificial labor and cost increases that are driving away all the good paying jobs.

Deregulation has worked real well in regards to outsourcing.:lol:
How about the oil industry?

you live in a fantasy world if you think Deregulation has even been tried.

What a silly dumb shit thread...

Here is a thought, if foodstamps, wars, big government in education, HC and everytihng was the answer... How come shit is falling the fuk apart? You silly fuks get more of what you cry about ever fucking year and yet things never get better, in fact you're the first to bitch about just how bad things are.

Last edited:
Then it's the unions who are screwing you there.

Actually in December of 2007, the Distribution Engineering Department (which I was part of) CHOSE to leave the non-Union portion of the company and JOIN the Union. We had abour a 68% positive response during the card campaign to go Union.

I sat on the negotiating team for 16 months as we hammered out an initial contract, which two members of the national board have called "The best initial contract they have seen in their 30+ years on the board." The contract was approved by more than 75% of the membership.

We did this because the Union was actually a much better deal for us than what we had been getting as non-union employees. In fact, probably 70% of us would have lost our jobs in the last 30 months if not for that contract. Is it perfect?.... Nope. Is it 1000x better than being unemployed?.... Definitely.

Forum List

Back