No food stamps for any family of a striking worker

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
ThinkProgress » Buried Provision In House GOP Bill Would Cut Off Food Stamps To Entire Families If One Member Strikes

Want to talk about class warfare?

The republicans in congress have written into a bill a provision that anyone related to a striking worker will have their food stamps taken away.

So a single Mom can have her food stamps taken away for trying to strike for enough pay to get off of food stamps.

The right is full on against ANY workers rights.

Why do they hate the vast majority of Americans?

ThinkProgress » Buried Provision In House GOP Bill Would Cut Off Food Stamps To Entire Families If One Member Strikes

The republicans in congress have written into a bill a provision that anyone related to a striking worker will have their food stamps taken away.

So a single Mom can have her food stamps taken away for trying to strike for enough pay to get off of food stamps.

You mistake tough love for hate.

If you choose not to work, why should I pay for you? Honestly TM, do you think anyone should have to be responsible for anything?

So someone who refuses to work should be getting foodstamps? Why?

Heck, why do the Feds provide foodstamps anyway?

I love it, tough love. :lol:

Wouldn't it be tough love if a worker strikes because the company etc tries to screw them? I guess it isnt tough love then, and we should feel bad for the company trying to screw the worker, but god forbid we stand up for the worker.

YOu ever wonder why the middle class has been on the decline since you guys started going after unions?

So someone who refuses to work should be getting foodstamps? Why?

Heck, why do the Feds provide foodstamps anyway?

I don't know, maybe because for every $1.00 that is spent, even more is pumped into the economy.
I wonder if you guys would have a problem with them cutting food stamps to the military? You do realize many in the military are on food stamps?
God, forbid the poor try to stand up for themselves.
:clap2: Bravo, you guys should be so proud!

I was listening to a radio show yesterday, and one of the callers was just like the rest of you.

It is alright to pass laws limiting the rights of the people in the unlucky sperm club, but god forbid we pass any law in regards to the lucky sperm club. It is okay to tell a single mom what she can do with her life, but leave the CEO alone.

Wouldn't it be tough love if a worker strikes because the company etc tries to screw them? I guess it isnt tough love then, and we should feel bad for the company trying to screw the worker, but god forbid we stand up for the worker.

YOu ever wonder why the middle class has been on the decline since you guys started going after unions?

no---a striking worker is taking the risk that he or she is indispensable. Sorta silly with the job market the way it is.

I was listening to a radio show yesterday, and one of the callers was just like the rest of you.

It is alright to pass laws limiting the rights of the people in the unlucky sperm club, but god forbid we pass any law in regards to the lucky sperm club. It is okay to tell a single mom what she can do with her life, but leave the CEO alone.

Become a CEO

Starve them into submission. Think it might work?

the vast majority of Americans are on food stamps? my god.

Become a CEO

Yeah, because that could really happen.
That is the problem with you republicans, you have this notion that maybe one day you will be rich. When in reality it probably will never happen and you screw yourself over by voting like you are.

Theses right wing policies is exactly why I will never join the republican aka the party that is screwing the american worker. I think it is terrible, but hey it was that union worker that crashed the market........... oh wait!

I'm not real up on this so someone correct me if I'm wrong. Say if you're in a union and the union decides to go on strike. Don't you HAVE to stop working even if you don't want to?

no---a striking worker is taking the risk that he or she is indispensable. Sorta silly with the job market the way it is.

Gee maybe you are catching on to why they did this to our economy?

I'm not real up on this so someone correct me if I'm wrong. Say if you're in a union and the union decides to go on strike. Don't you HAVE to stop working even if you don't want to?

How about the workers who strike to GET a union started ?

Become a CEO

That is the problem with you republicans, you have this notion that maybe one day you will be rich. When in reality it probably will never happen and you screw yourself over by voting like you are.

Theses right wing policies is exactly why I will never join the republican aka the party that is screwing the american worker. I think it is terrible, but hey it was that union worker that crashed the market........... oh wait!

I don't see any reason that you can't obtain a job that will keep you and your family alive.
Are you claiming that some people are flat unable to make it ? If so, why?

Gee maybe you are catching on to why they did this to our economy?

And why they keep going after the worker. They want us to work for nothing, with no rights.

If you choose not to work, why should I pay for you? Honestly TM, do you think anyone should have to be responsible for anything?
bingo

well said... and spot on

Become a CEO

I don't see any reason that you can't obtain a job that will keep you and your family alive.
Are you claiming that some people are flat unable to make it ? If so, why?
:lol: What about the American Dream? :lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back