No Evidence for Jesus Outside Bible

interesting about Yehuda wondering now if those two sons were incorporated in the story about the two others that were crucified with Jesus after all it wouldnt be like the romans to not incorporate that into the mythology to confuse people wouldnt it....

Sorry cross grovelers , your groveling and bowing and praying with up turned arms are for naught, might as well grovel to a rock, it will have the same affect

Josephus

When challenged about the veracity of the Bible and the paucity of references to Jesus Christ anywhere other than the Bible, Christians are quick to mention Josephus, the author of a 21 volume tome “The History of the Jews” written around 90 CE.
The Truth Is…

Josephus, in 127 words, (now referred to as the “Testimonium Flavianum“) gives the entire story of a divine Jesus. However no biblical scholar today believes that Josephus actually wrote those 127 words. All references to the divinity of Jesus that appear in Josephus have been proven to have been added long after the Josephus wrote his manuscript. Josephus wrote in 90 CE; the references to Jesus dying and being resurrected did not appear in his “writings” until the third century. All scholars agree that the references to a divine Jesus were added to the manuscript by an over zealous copiest.
The third century Church ‘Father’ Origen, for example, spent half his life and a quarter of a million words contending against the pagan writer Celsus. Origen drew on all sorts of proofs and witnesses to his arguments in his fierce defence of Christianity. He quotes from Josephus extensively. Yet even he makes no reference to this ‘golden paragraph’ from Josephus, which would have been the ultimate rebuttal. In fact, Origen actually said that Josephus was “not believing in Jesus as the Christ.”
Origen did not quote the ‘golden paragraph’ because this paragraph had not yet been written.
It was absent from early copies of the works of Josephus and did not appear in Origen’s third century version of Josephus, referenced in his Contra Celsum. In fact, the Josephus paragraph about Jesus does not appear until the beginning of the fourth century, at the time of Constantine.
Consider, also, the anomalies:
1. How could Josephus claim that Jesus had been the answer to his messianic hopes yet remain an orthodox Jew?
The absurdity forces some apologists to make the ridiculous claim that Josephus was a closet Christian!

NO Evidence for Jesus Outside Bible
Less evidence that Alexander the Great existed. And one changed the world forever, the other did not.

Well that's what faith is all about. There are many things in all faiths that are not provable, and require faith. Did Moses part the waters? Can you prove it?

Hey as long as the practitioners of the faith aren't killing those who question it, like Muslims are today. To each his own.

interesting about Yehuda wondering now if those two sons were incorporated in the story about the two others that were crucified with Jesus after all it wouldnt be like the romans to not incorporate that into the mythology to confuse people wouldnt it....

HaShev has his own theories about others that don't wash in Christian history. Pontius Pilate did not become procurator of Judea until 26 A.D. Roman historians have Christ (Christus) crucified under Pontius Pilate.

The Sanhedrin could have ended all the Jesus myths by parading his dead body around. Instead, Jesus rolled the stone away from his tomb, terrifyingly the guards and then appeared to several hundred people

HaShev has his own theories about others that don't wash in Christian history. Pontius Pilate did not become procurator of Judea until 26 A.D. Roman historians have Christ (Christus) crucified under Pontius Pilate.

Ha Shev is a Jew is he not? In the Parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man, Christ appealed to the Jews one last time to believe in Him and to spread the gospel to the world else He would turn to the Gentiles to spread the gospel. When the Jews killed Stephen shortly afterward, Christ gave a decree of divorce to the Jews and turned the gospel toward the Gentiles. Paul tells us God has blinded the Jews until the time of the Gentiles has been fulfilled. Many Jews have accepted the Christ. The Apostles were mostly Jews. Paul was of the Tribe of Benjamin. Ha Shev is one of those whom God blinded.

Sorry cross grovelers , your groveling and bowing and praying with up turned arms are for naught, might as well grovel to a rock, it will have the same affect

Josephus

When challenged about the veracity of the Bible and the paucity of references to Jesus Christ anywhere other than the Bible, Christians are quick to mention Josephus, the author of a 21 volume tome “The History of the Jews” written around 90 CE.
The Truth Is…

Josephus, in 127 words, (now referred to as the “Testimonium Flavianum“) gives the entire story of a divine Jesus. However no biblical scholar today believes that Josephus actually wrote those 127 words. All references to the divinity of Jesus that appear in Josephus have been proven to have been added long after the Josephus wrote his manuscript. Josephus wrote in 90 CE; the references to Jesus dying and being resurrected did not appear in his “writings” until the third century. All scholars agree that the references to a divine Jesus were added to the manuscript by an over zealous copiest.
The third century Church ‘Father’ Origen, for example, spent half his life and a quarter of a million words contending against the pagan writer Celsus. Origen drew on all sorts of proofs and witnesses to his arguments in his fierce defence of Christianity. He quotes from Josephus extensively. Yet even he makes no reference to this ‘golden paragraph’ from Josephus, which would have been the ultimate rebuttal. In fact, Origen actually said that Josephus was “not believing in Jesus as the Christ.”
Origen did not quote the ‘golden paragraph’ because this paragraph had not yet been written.
It was absent from early copies of the works of Josephus and did not appear in Origen’s third century version of Josephus, referenced in his Contra Celsum. In fact, the Josephus paragraph about Jesus does not appear until the beginning of the fourth century, at the time of Constantine.
Consider, also, the anomalies:
1. How could Josephus claim that Jesus had been the answer to his messianic hopes yet remain an orthodox Jew?
The absurdity forces some apologists to make the ridiculous claim that Josephus was a closet Christian!

NO Evidence for Jesus Outside Bible

We do. Jesus is the rock and chief cornerstone.

The 10 commandments and the Sabbath were given ONLY to Jews, not the goyim

God never brought the goyim or their ancestors out of Egypt! Ex 20:2 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery."
The Lord has not given the goyim the promised land of Canaan! Ex 20:12 "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the Lord your God gives you"
Since the Sabbath is a sign between God and fleshly Israel, there is nothing requiring cross grroveling goyim to keep it! (Ex. 31:13,17; Ezek. 20:12, 20)
If it was intended for all mankind, then why specifically say "strangers within your gates" goyim . Obviously the goyim (strangers) were never required at any point in earth history to keep the Sabbath or the commandments .

Goyim are
idolaters

(avodah zarah)

Last edited:

God never brought the goyim or their ancestors out of Egypt! Ex 20:2 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery."
The Lord has not given the goyim the promised land of Canaan! Ex 20:12 "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the Lord your God gives you"
Since the Sabbath is a sign between God and fleshly Israel, there is nothing requiring cross grroveling goyim to keep it! (Ex. 31:13,17; Ezek. 20:12, 20)
If it was intended for all mankind, then why specifically say "strangers within your gates" goyim . Obviously the goyim (strangers) were never required at any point in earth history to keep the Sabbath or the commandments .

Goyim are
idolaters (

Intercede here I must...
The 10 Commandments of The King James Bible are mangled beyond belief..
But that's THEIR problem.

Doesn't it even prick the thought processes of you Christ deniers just a little bit at all as to why those people Nero killed were called "Christians"?

Do you know here the word "Christian" comes from?
M'Shee-Ach means one anointed for royalty or to serve in the Temple.
That's all it means.

Ha Shev is a Jew is he not? In the Parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man, Christ appealed to the Jews one last time to believe in Him and to spread the gospel to the world else He would turn to the Gentiles to spread the gospel. When the Jews killed Stephen shortly afterward, Christ gave a decree of divorce to the Jews and turned the gospel toward the Gentiles. Paul tells us God has blinded the Jews until the time of the Gentiles has been fulfilled. Many Jews have accepted the Christ. The Apostles were mostly Jews. Paul was of the Tribe of Benjamin. Ha Shev is one of those whom God blinded.

I do not know which faith HaShev follows. His history presentations leave much to be desired, kind of like mixing up George Washington with George Washington Carver; and Ben. Franklin with Ben. Arnold.

Still, I do not believe the Jews were given a decree of divorce. In fact, it distresses me that there seems to be such hard feelings between some Jews and some Christians. Josephus, in fact, called Jesus a wise teacher, though most likely unwilling to go any further than this, other than noting some people called him the Christ. Thanks to many Christians, and the sufferings Jews have experienced on the account of Christianity, many Jews view Jesus with a kind of loathing--when, if left alone, most likely they would have been able to point out with even greater accuracy than many Christians which prophets and scriptures Jesus quoted.

If left alone, most Jews would have had great sympathy for a wise man who went up against the likes of Caiaphas and Annas (not to mention Herod and the Romans). Many of them--if they had come face to face with this group--would have been proud to stand with Jesus against some of their iniquities. As it is, it is my opinion that we Christians alone will have to answer for why so many of the Jewish faith have harden their hearts against Jesus. This was not Jesus' plan; it was not his intent.

Goyim areidolaters
(avodah zarah)

The Commandments Jesus reiterated for his disciples are to love God with one's whole being, and to love one's fellowman as oneself. He also noted the following commandments:

Do not kill; do not commit adultery; do not steal; do not bear false witness; do not defraud; honor ones father and mother. He also said to watch whatever starts/comes out of the heart. For example, anger and lust.

Tacitus notes keeping these commands were a mark of early Christians....not of idolators.

Goyim areidolaters
(avodah zarah)

The Commandments Jesus reiterated for his disciples are to love God with one's whole being, and to love one's fellowman as oneself. He also noted the following commandments:

Do not kill; do not commit adultery; do not steal; do not bear false witness; do not defraud; honor ones father and mother. He also said to watch whatever starts/comes out of the heart. For example, anger and lust.

Tacitus notes keeping these commands were a mark of early Christians....not of idolators.

The Shema was copied incorrectly from the Torah.
Judaism 101: Shema
Paul couldn't get ANYTHING right.

There's not ONE nice statement in TNT that wasn't already in TJS.
I reiterate...

Goyim areidolaters
(avodah zarah)

Do not Murder (Yes, Murder; Killing in self-defense is not only ALLOWED, it's Mandatory).
Do not Plot Adultery (yes, PLOTTING Adultery is in the Top 10)
You have to Love and Fear God.
All the Covert(s) are NOT Covert, they're Plan.

Doesn't it even prick the thought processes of you Christ deniers just a little bit at all as to why those people Nero killed were called "Christians"?

Do you know here the word "Christian" comes from?
M'Shee-Ach means one anointed for royalty or to serve in the Temple.
That's all it means.

Well, that sounds like a good way to put the status of true Christians. No argument from me on that one.

I do not know which faith HaShev follows. His history presentations leave much to be desired, kind of like mixing up George Washington with George Washington Carver; and Ben. Franklin with Ben. Arnold.

Still, I do not believe the Jews were given a decree of divorce. In fact, it distresses me that there seems to be such hard feelings between some Jews and some Christians. Josephus, in fact, called Jesus a wise teacher, though most likely unwilling to go any further than this, other than noting some people called him the Christ. Thanks to many Christians, and the sufferings Jews have experienced on the account of Christianity, many Jews view Jesus with a kind of loathing--when, if left alone, most likely they would have been able to point out with even greater accuracy than many Christians which prophets and scriptures Jesus quoted.

If left alone, most Jews would have had great sympathy for a wise man who went up against the likes of Caiaphas and Annas (not to mention Herod and the Romans). Many of them--if they had come face to face with this group--would have been proud to stand with Jesus against some of their iniquities. As it is, it is my opinion that we Christians alone will have to answer for why so many of the Jewish faith have harden their hearts against Jesus. This was not Jesus' plan; it was not his intent.

I agree. No Christian should be bitter toward the Jews. The Jews were the people God chose to show salvation to the world. Had they only accepted the Christ instead of denying Him. Even Paul says "All Israel will be saved." The Jews are part of Israel so they will be saved. Many of them already have accepted the Christ and the rest are only temporarily blinded according to Paul.

I reiterate...

I didn't even know people were arguing that there was...

It's a de facto argument.
Every time some Born Again meets me and I'm wearing a yarmulke, they chat up a storm with me.
Then they start quoting me all the lovey dovey statements from TNT.
You know, "Jesus says..."
It's kind of embarrassing for me because I know they mean well so I don't tell them they should know all those verses from the original source...The Torah.

Forum List

Back