No Apology but Good Thinking

OldLady

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2015
There's seldom any upside to waking up at 4:30 a.m., but this morning I turned on the telly to find our President just beginning his remarks at Hiroshima. He didn't apologize for anything. It was a great speech. Thoughtful.

At the bottom of the page is a button for "Listen" to full remarks. 17 minutes. Very much worth listening to.

Obama Makes Historic Visit To Hiroshima Memorial Peace Park

Have a great and peaceful day.

I'm going to pass. Mostly because I can't stand the asshole and secondly I can't stand hangwringing ceremonies, especially when they completely obscure the reasons why it happened and imply the US was the villain. I've heard that in their memorial museum there is no mention of why.

• Thanks
Reactions: FJO
This kid knows....

13239929_1022922441076765_1047006757767831168_n.jpg

I'm going to pass. Mostly because I can't stand the asshole and secondly I can't stand hangwringing ceremonies, especially when they completely obscure the reasons why it happened and imply the US was the villain. I've heard that in their memorial museum there is no mention of why.
There was no implication that US was the villain. He took a giant step back from all that. It's not as offensive as you are imagining. But I would find it hard to sit through a Hillary speech, so I hear ya.

There was no implication that US was the villain. He took a giant step back from all that. It's not as offensive as you are imagining. But I would find it hard to sit through a Hillary speech, so I hear ya.
It is sorta implied when the US is the one that dropped the bombs in the first place. It's not like anyone would expect a 'you had it coming' line in a speech.

You guys are bumming me out. Must be from waking up so early.
It is sorta implied when the US is the one that dropped the bombs in the first place. It's not like anyone would expect a 'you had it coming' line in a speech.
Weasel, I refuse to discuss it any further with you since you have refused to listen to it.

you "hear" nothing

You guys are bumming me out. Must be from waking up so early.
Weasel, I refuse to discuss it any further with you since you have refused to listen to it.
...and what would it do for me? I'm not a liberal, I won't be swept up in a sea of emotion over a meaningless ceremony.

image.jpeg
There's seldom any upside to waking up at 4:30 a.m., but this morning I turned on the telly to find our President just beginning his remarks at Hiroshima. He didn't apologize for anything. It was a great speech. Thoughtful.

At the bottom of the page is a button for "Listen" to full remarks. 17 minutes. Very much worth listening to.

Obama Makes Historic Visit To Hiroshima Memorial Peace Park

Have a great and peaceful day.

This kid knows....

Kids listen to their parents, as you know.

Indeed, the other day Obama was on the tube and our youngest informed me Ears was on TV.
Wow you took a moment from spewing hatred on this site to listen to one of your children? I'm proud of you. Baby steps.

Get lost old timer, nobody with a lick of sense listens to your inane ramblings.

This kid knows....

Kids listen to their parents, as you know.

Indeed, the other day Obama was on the tube and our youngest informed me Ears was on TV.
Wow you took a moment from spewing hatred on this site to listen to one of your children? I'm proud of you. Baby steps.

Get lost old timer, nobody with a lick of sense listens to your inane ramblings.
We can only hope your kids have a lick of sense and don't listen to yours.

idiotic move on the part of Obama-------the japs are LAUGHING
What a stupid comment. Laughing at what? And calling one of our most important allies "japs." Disgusting.

Japanese people take offense at being called "Japs" about as much a Canadians take offense at being called "Canucks.

Only thin skinned idiots take offense at words.|

Japanese people have some very CHOICE words for-----"western caucasions" too

Forum List

Back