Ninny 9th at it again

uh, the same as how RvW - a 30 year old decision - still counts, you dumb bastard.

:rofl:

Aww, its my other little poodle. You jealous fluffy?

So care to tell me how Roe V. Wade effects the inherent political ideology of the court today?

I don't need to.. We heard all about that during the last batch of Scotus judge confirmations.

DOH!

yup, you are still one dumb motherfucker.

I don't need to.. We heard all about that during the last batch of Scotus judge confirmations.

DOH!

yup, you are still one dumb motherfucker.

So care to cite anything similar for 9th circuit appellate judges? Since that is, after all, the topic.

Doh is right. :rofl:

I love it. Gay rights activists are cheering a decision by the one court in the federal system that has the most overturned decisions of any court ever.

The 9th is so out of touch with reality its rulings are a laugh riot.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080522/ap_on_re_us/military_gays

Hmm. I'm generally for the broad acceptance of homosexuality, but the military is... a unique situation. It isn't a normal job and I think it should have extra leeway in how it chooses to handle things. It ain't Wal Mart; the effects of "moral" and "sexual tension" could be a lot more dramatic.

Of course, those challenges didn't prevent racial and gender integration, but I don't think this, uh, orientation integration should be rushed. Let it permeate the culture more. Tradition is important to the mindspace proper to military service; change there should be gradual.

In the meantime, it sucks to be the person fired just for being open and honest about who s/he's attracted to, but, well, s/he knew the conditions when s/he joined, didn't s/he? (I'd comment specifically on the case in the article, but there are no details, such as what exactly she was fired for)

Really? Most overturned ever?

http://www.scotusblog.com/movabletype/archives/CircuitsFinal.pdf

Not quite. Numbers for the most recent year availabile. Circuit score-card. Out of 11 circuits, the 9th court of appeals would come in at #8.

Heh, well they did have 15 decisions reversed in that report, compared to the next highest number for a numbered curcuit, 6.

Of course, proportionally they didn't do terribly bad, an 83% percent reversal rate in cases reviewed vs. four 100%s and an 86%; but one wonders why so many of their rulings came before the Supreme Court to begin with - more than twice as many as the next-most-reviewed numbered circuit and more than all the state courts combined.

RGS's "most ever" claim may be hyperbole (I don't know for sure), but your link sure doesn't make the 9th look all that "in touch."

I see. That is a pretty massive area; the whole west coast, two states deep (compared to the east coast which is divided up among five circuits) plus Alaska and Hawaii.

Point taken. In 2005 the 9th didn't do too bad, relatively speaking, when it comes to having cases reversed.

I have heard that it has a reputation in the legal field for being the most "out there" circuit ;), but I will speak no more of things about which I do not know.

Thats in part because of this.

Headquartered in San Francisco, the Ninth Circuit is by far the largest of the thirteen courts of appeals, with 28 active judgeships.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Court_of_Appeals_for_the_Ninth_Circuit

Bingo. RGS made his point with raw numbers, but raw numbers also show the 9th has the most cases that are affirmed, which disproves his point completely.

In addition, the SCOTUS only grants review in precedent setting cases or cases that present important, unresolved questions of law. More of those cases arise from California than Kansas.

Hmm. I'm generally for the broad acceptance of homosexuality, but the military is... a unique situation. It isn't a normal job and I think it should have extra leeway in how it chooses to handle things. It ain't Wal Mart; the effects of "moral" and "sexual tension" could be a lot more dramatic

Or not. There have been gays in all militarys since time began. When have you read of a gay revolution or major gay incident in military history.,

No, I spent 21 years in the Corps and was never molested or approached by a gay Marine. This is all homophobic bullshit that some of our really manly men can't deal with.

It was interesting that the onus was on gay male Marines. If a female was suspected of being a lesbian, there wasn't as much an issue by the "male" powers to be.

The "sexual" problems normally dealth with one straight spouse screwing someone else's straight spouse or one of his/her junior troops. Just good old normal fukking around crap.

It's all bullshit. Gay people have as much right to die for their country as anyone else.:eusa_think:

Or not. There have been gays in all militarys since time began. When have you read of a gay revolution or major gay incident in military history.,

No, I spent 21 years in the Corps and was never molested or approached by a gay Marine. This is all homophobic bullshit that some of our really manly men can't deal with.

It was interesting that the onus was on gay male Marines. If a female was suspected of being a lesbian, there wasn't as much an issue by the "male" powers to be.

The "sexual" problems normally dealth with one straight spouse screwing someone else's straight spouse or one of his/her junior troops. Just good old normal fukking around crap.

It's all bullshit. Gay people have as much right to die for their country as anyone else.:eusa_think:

You're correct ... there have always been gays in the military. And they're right where they need to be. The gays that are in the military are there to serve, not be gay. These activists that demand gays be allowed to serve openly are gay FIRST.

You want to serve you aberrant sexual behavior first? Go somewhere else. I want you in my company about like I want someone who serves a drug habit or any other behavioral disorder ahead of the Corps. I don't need you, want you, and you WILL spend as much time as possible in the pot shack, maintenance duty, building targets at the range and just about anywhere else I can stuff your worthless to me ass.

If you ain't a Marine first, you ain't shit and I don't want you.

Forum List

Back