Nikki Sixx called Pearl Jam “one of the most boring bands in history” after frontman Eddie Vedder dissed Mötley Crüe in ‘The New York Times.’

Never got into grunge, it seemed depressing like where they came from. The 80's hair bands are a hell of a lot more fun.
Yeah. Pretty much that.

As I'd mentioned, I think the industry itself kind of decided that we were having too much fun. Everybody had money in their pockets. A pretty okay car. The chicks looked way better back then. Everybody was happy. Everybody got along.

And Levi's were made right back then. They were cut right. They fit right. Levi's aren't worth a fuck anymore, that's something else I forgot about.

And, so, we got the miserable grunge as a kind of retaliation for all that fun we were having. It was all downhill from there. In America anyway. Then suddenly the miserable flannels showed up ruining everyone's fun and dropping turds in the punch bowl. Just a downer all the way around.

It's like I was saying to the other guy in the thread, if you didn't live it, you don't know what you missed. It was a great time to be alive.

It wasn't even so much the music. It was the scene itself. Fun times...

Last edited:
And that's not even getting into other genres during the transition from the '80s to the '90s.

I mean, look at how rap also helped to devolve society as the industry transformed that whole genre.

We went from DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince in the 80s to a transition to gangster rapping about killing people in the streets and waving dope money and uzis around in videos.

And country music went to hell, too. I dunno what this hipster, bro country bullshit is that they're playing on the radio these days but it ain't country. Huh uh. Not even close. It's more like some hipsters trying to role play or something. Weird...

"Micki was weird. he would bite my nipple all the time" - Tommy Lee on Motley Crue's early days

the more you know!

I will say Pearl Jam is likely to stand the test of time, meaning their stuff is still played today and likely for some time.
Except for 80s Rock stream collections... the crew died out quick like all of other hair bands of the 80s

And that's not even getting into other genres during the transition from the '80s to the '90s.

I mean, look at how rap also helped to devolve society as the industry transformed that whole genre.

We went from DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince in the 80s to a transition to gangster rapping about killing people in the streets and waving dope money and uzis around in videos.

And country music went to hell, too. I dunno what this hipster, bro country bullshit is that they're playing on the radio these days but it ain't country. Huh uh. Not even close. It's more like some hipsters trying to role play or something. Weird...
When traveling through Tennessee/West Virginia all you can get on the radio is this lousy weird shit "country" music.
It is horrible- no talent pop music.

"she was so ugly even Tommy wouldn't sleep with her" - Vince Neil on pop star Tiffanny

When traveling through Tennessee/West Virginia all you can get on the radio is this lousy weird shit "country" music.
It is horrible- no talent pop music.

Yeah, pretty much.

There's probably never gonna be another classic song or album. I think those days are probably gone.

Everything's an mp3 and comes and goes as quickly as the industry can throw crap out to see what sticks for a few weeks, until the next download comes along. Then that lasts about a week and then on to the next one. And none of it's worth a darn.

Really wish I had a time machine.

I'd be outta the present and back to the past with the quickness.

I don't have a time machine, of course. So I suppose I'll just keep relying on the Swedes and the Finns and whatnot for my modern 80s fix. At least they're still keeping it alive. Plus I still have all of my old stuff.

Nikki says he once tried to sleep with Tommy's mom, and that Tommy's dad didn't mind: "if you can get in there, you can have it"

Grunge also kicked to crap out of those British pop bands which were everywhere in the 80's. They just vanished from American radio.

strangely no label would sign Crue in their early days, despite the fact they sold out show after show at big venues. they had to release their debut album on a tiny label, the aptly named "Leather Records"

strangely no label would sign Crue in their early days, despite the fact they sold out show after show at big venues. they had to release their debut album on a tiny label, the aptly named "Leather Records"
Leathür Records only released one album. Which was limited to 900 copies of the original 1981 mix of Too Fast For Love. Their manager created the Leathür Records label.

They basically made their own way until they got picked up by Elektra Records.

Of course, Elektra totally ruined the record by remixing it and re-releasing it through their own label.

A 1st press of the original Leathür mix is high dollar nowadays. Assuming you can even find one. I have one.

Last edited:
I had difficulty with any of the hair bands.
I just couldn't get behind the "bent gender" thing.
A dude can have long hair... but for fucks sake...

bent.jpg

Maybe these guys were the precursor to the current Trans fad.

I had difficulty with any of the hair bands.
I just couldn't get behind the "bent gender" thing.
A dude can have long hair... but for fucks sake...

View attachment 597973

Maybe these guys were the precursor to the current Trans fad.

eeyep. Something else we can thank the industry itself for. They marketed that nonsense. It was basically, you either dress like a tranny on the advertisements and promotional stuff and in the music videos on MTV or you get no record deal.

It was never like that live, though, interestingly.

Last edited:
Leathür Records only released one album. Which was limited to 900 copies of the original 1981 mix of Too Fast For Love. Their manager created the Leathür Records label.

They basically made their own way until they got picked up by Elektra Records.

Of course, Elektra totally ruined the record by remixing it and re-releasing it through their own label.

A 1st press of the original Leathür mix is high dollar nowadays. Assuming you can even find one. I have one.

thanks. i fucked up their name didn't i? i didn't know any of that stuff you posted

thanks. i fucked up their name didn't i? i didn't know any of that stuff you posted

Don't matter, it's better than politics. I'm tired of talking about politics. It's like a bunch of monkeys trying to hump a football. Never really accomplish anything except for bad vibes.

Last edited:
Don't matter, it's better than politics. I'm tired of talking about politics. It's like a bunch of monkees trying to hump a football. Never really accomplish anything.
i hear ya. i'd rather talk about music than politics too, it's more fun

Don't matter, it's better than politics. I'm tired of talking about politics. It's like a bunch of monkeys trying to hump a football. Never really accomplish anything except for bad vibes.
what are your favorite bands? let's see if we have the same taste!

what are your favorite bands? let's see if we have the same taste!

Don't really have any favorite bands. Just whatever band hits on the flow state frequency at a given moment.

Last thing I was listening to today were a coupe of my Dare albums. Professor Brian Cox was their keyboardist on their first couple of albums. You know him, right? The particle physicst?

The other thing is I like to play my music in the 432Hz. It just sounds better. You need special players for that, and I'm not exactly sure if it's perfect, but it feels like it is.

All of my guitars are tuned to 432Hz, too.

I dunno, I like a lot of different stuff. Mainly I'm just looking for good vibrations when I listen to music.

I suppose that's why I detest grunge so much. It's like it's strategically marketed to promote misery, bad vibrations and negativity. Just bad energy all the way around. Bad pitch.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back