Nike made a business decision not a political statement

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
Nike made a business decision not a political statement in running their recent add with Colin Kaepernick.
They are chasing the dollars.
They realize the vast majority of people who will stop buying their products because of the add is outweighed by the increases they will receive by those who do not feel strongly about or support Kaepernick.

This is a statement about who will be the strongest demographic with the most disposable income in the future pro-Trumpers or anti-Trumpers

Nike made a business decision not a political statement in running their recent add with Colin Kaepernick.
They realize the vast majority of people who will stop buying their products because of the add is outweighed by the increases they will receive by those who do not feel strongly about or support Kaepernick.

This is a statement about who will be the strongest demographic with the most disposable income in the future pro-Trumpers or anti-Trumpers

Are you confirming my findings...This nation has never had more disgusting unAmerican filth on its soil?

Are you confirming my findings...This nation has never had more disgusting unAmerican filth on its soil?
No, you are disgusting unamerican filth.

I guess we will see.

Nike shit on police today, I don’t think it was a wise business decision or political decision.

The moron Cap said Castro is a great man because Cuba has the highest literacy rate on earth because they spend more money on education than they do on prisons.

He is morally and factually incorrect. Castro was a murderous piece of human garbage. If Cap has tried to speak out against Castro, he would have been imprisoned or executed.

He is a dimwit.

No, you are disgusting unamerican filth.

When America was American NO company could run an ad campaign like that without losing everything. You know that...right?

Nike was for sports, team and unity. Now they're for snowflakes, division and contrary thought. As for a business decision, they're incompetent too.

It's complete stupidity and will have the same failing results as others who took similar positions.

When you are dealing with the public, you have people on all different ends. For instance, the kneelers. About a third of their paying audience doesn't care one way or another. They are just there to see a football game. Another third agree with them as you pointed out. The other third are insulted by their actions, and some will refuse to ever come back.

If they never took a political position in the first place, everybody is happy. But by taking a political position, they pissed off about a third of their audience.

It works the same way in music and all entertainment. When your living depends on people coming to see you, the stupidest thing you can do is piss any of them off. It makes zero business sense.

I will be spending my money on other sporting apparel companies. Nike might not notice that I am no longer buying their products for myself and my kids, but I am not going to patronize a company that shits on our police and supports a guy who claims he was blackballed, yet turned down $7 million to play for the Broncos.

Fuck Cap.

I will be spending my money on other sporting apparel companies. Nike might not notice that I am no longer buying their products for myself and my kids, but I am not going to patronize a company that shits on our police and supports a guy who claims he was blackballed, yet turned down $7 million to play for the Broncos.

Fuck Cap.

They may not notice your money, but multiplied by millions, it gets their attention real quick. My prediction: they will pull this stunt for about six months or so, then try to backpedal or quietly back out. If any of my retirement money was invested in Nike, I would be on the phone with my agent to sell all shares.

It's complete stupidity and will have the same failing results as others who took similar positions.

When you are dealing with the public, you have people on all different ends. For instance, the kneelers. About a third of their paying audience doesn't care one way or another. They are just there to see a football game. Another third agree with them as you pointed out. The other third are insulted by their actions, and some will refuse to ever come back.

If they never took a political position in the first place, everybody is happy. But by taking a political position, they pissed off about a third of their audience.

It works the same way in music and all entertainment. When your living depends on people coming to see you, the stupidest thing you can do is piss any of them off. It makes zero business sense.

Jordan wasn’t a moron.

He famously said, “Republicans buy sneakers, too.”

Jordan is a billionaire.

Gotta love Ahmadenijad tweeting support for Kapernick. At least Nike has the support of that humanitarian.

Nike would have been well advised to just stay neutral...in fact any business should. Why alienate any of your customers? Stupid

Jordan wasn’t a moron.

Jordan is a billionaire.

Yes, but that really wasn't a political position. It was more an inclusive statement if anything and was quite brilliant.

It's puzzling because NIKE usually uses champions or at least the successful. With Colin Cancer they have an unemployed failure.
Nike is chasing the future, those 35 and under world wide. They are a diverse and open minded demographic. They love America in a way you will never understand.
They do not want you.

It's puzzling because NIKE usually uses champions or at least the successful. With Colin Cancer they have an unemployed failure.
Nike is chasing the future, those 35 and under world wide. They are a diverse and open minded demographic. They love America in a way you will never understand.
They do not want you.

Clearly, those in support of this must hold no sort of financial stake in Nike.

Jordan wasn’t a moron.

Jordan is a billionaire.

Yes, but that really wasn't a political position. It was more an inclusive statement if anything and was quite brilliant.
The new demographic focus on LeBron and his NBA chorts more than Jordan.

Forum List

Back