Nice polite Democrats SMASH POLICE CAR at Trump rally

from the op linked article and I agree with her, with Sanchez!!!

Rep. Linda Sanchez (D-Whittier), chairwoman of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, said there is "no doubt" Trump’s candidacy has made the Latino community "a target for hateful rhetoric, and in some cases physical violence."

But destroying public property, she said, is not the answer.

"When we resort to violence, we’re playing into the very hands of people like Donald Trump," Sanchez said in a statement released Friday. "I believe the solution must be peaceful protest and more importantly, directing our energy towards shifting our voter registration efforts into high gear."

What does it tell you about the people doing the rioting?
I mean really,how stupid do you have to be to not understand that you are confirming what Trump has said?

Rep. Linda Sanchez (D-Whittier), chairwoman of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, said there is "no doubt" Trump’s candidacy has made the Latino community "a target for hateful rhetoric, and in some cases physical violence."

"When we resort to violence, we’re playing into the very hands of people like Donald Trump," Sanchez said in a statement released Friday. "I believe the solution must be peaceful protest and more importantly, directing our energy towards shifting our voter registration efforts into high gear."

I mean really,how stupid do you have to be to not understand that you are confirming what Trump has said?
Donald Trump IMPLIED that nearly all illegal Mexicans are rapists, murderers, drug addicts/dealers etc...

and this is simply not true...most are trying to work and earn an income for their families that is higher than they can get in their own country for their labor....

(Putting or imagining myself in many of their shoes, if I were them and in the same position, I would possibly try to do the same thing!)

And this is honestly what I stumble over...in the empathetic/compassionate sense....but in my 'reasoning sense', I know this is illegal, I know this hurts Americans just entering the work force, I know terrorists could possibly slip in with them when crossing illegally etc etc. ...sigh...

...most are trying to work and earn an income for their families that is higher than they can get in their own country for their labor....

C4A, you seem like a compassionate person and I respect your perspective. I also see you live in the beautiful state of Maine. I'm not sure how dense of an illegal population you have up there but in the border state I live in, we're up to our eyeballs. I hear the "they're just trying to earn a living" line all the time mostly from well meaning people. Well, let me give you a little insight I hope you will take to heart from here on the border.

The illegals come in three varieties.

One, you describe as just wanting to earn a living. They chose to do this by breaking our laws and taking a job that could go to an American. So you could use the same justification for shoplifting. "I just wanted it and I didn't have the money so I took it." My desire for something trumps the laws of another country? Why not fix your country?

Two, the single male laborers. They come up here and work very hard for low wages which are usually paid off the books. (Loss of tax revenue). They rent a trailer or a two bedroom apartment and fill it with a dozen or so renters. They work incredibly hard almost every day, spend little and send most back to Mexico. They do this for 3-5 years and return to Mexico to enjoy a nicer house, clothes and possibly even a truck. They have elevated their status back home and the visible evidence acts as a magnet for others who want to do the same. It's a steady stream of cheap labor coming in, loss of tax revenue and billions of dollars which could boost our economy going back to prop up Mexico's.

The third group are the criminals. They bring in drugs and people and are slowly replacing American drug gangs with Mexican gangs. They control the importation and sales of drugs and all the money goes back to Mexico. They are notoriously ruthless compared to American criminals. They are a tax on our law enforcement and a curse on our society.

All three of the groups are a drain on our social services. My neighbor is a nurse at a children's hospital. They had a woman come in to have a baby last year that had insurance and was not an illegal. At first, they didn't know how to process her! Almost all of the babies born in our area hospitals are from illegal mothers who come up here for free health care and an anchor baby. Illegals are technically not eligible for welfare, food stamps, section 8 housing and the like but no questions are asked when children are involved. "We can't let a child go hungry". So we end up supporting an illegal family who send their kids to the schools we pay for. Every day on our interstate highways, illegal work crews crash their uninsured trucks into Americans. Often times causing injury along with harm. Typically, the work crews who aren't injured bail out and run away, leaving the injured and truck behind.

I could go on but you get the picture.

The media needs to stop telling this lie about Donald Trump. I’m a Sanders supporter — and value honesty

This is what Trump said:

“When do we beat Mexico at the border? They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. […] When Mexico sends its people they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you; they’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people. But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting.”

---------------

Donald Trump IMPLIED that nearly all illegal Mexicans are rapists, murderers, drug addicts/dealers etc...

and this is simply not true...most are trying to work and earn an income for their families that is higher than they can get in their own country for their labor....

(Putting or imagining myself in many of their shoes, if I were them and in the same position, I would possibly try to do the same thing!)

And this is honestly what I stumble over...in the empathetic/compassionate sense....but in my 'reasoning sense', I know this is illegal, I know this hurts Americans just entering the work force, I know terrorists could possibly slip in with them when crossing illegally etc etc. ...sigh...

So what are they worried about if they're here legally?

...most are trying to work and earn an income for their families that is higher than they can get in their own country for their labor....

C4A, you seem like a compassionate person and I respect your perspective. I also see you live in the beautiful state of Maine. I'm not sure how dense of an illegal population you have up there but in the border state I live in, we're up to our eyeballs. I hear the "they're just trying to earn a living" line all the time mostly from well meaning people. Well, let me give you a little insight I hope you will take to heart from here on the border.

One, you describe as just wanting to earn a living. They chose to do this by breaking our laws and taking a job that could go to an American. So you could use the same justification for shoplifting. "I just wanted it and I didn't have the money so I took it." My desire for something trumps the laws of another country? Why not fix your country?

Two, the single male laborers. They come up here and work very hard for low wages which are usually paid off the books. (Loss of tax revenue). They rent a trailer or a two bedroom apartment and fill it with a dozen or so renters. They work incredibly hard almost every day, spend little and send most back to Mexico. They do this for 3-5 years and return to Mexico to enjoy a nicer house, clothes and possibly even a truck. They have elevated their status back home and the visible evidence acts as a magnet for others who want to do the same. It's a steady stream of cheap labor coming in, loss of tax revenue and billions of dollars which could boost our economy going back to prop up Mexico's.

The third group are the criminals. They bring in drugs and people and are slowly replacing American drug gangs with Mexican gangs. They control the importation and sales of drugs and all the money goes back to Mexico. They are notoriously ruthless compared to American criminals. They are a tax on our law enforcement and a curse on our society.

All three of the groups are a drain on our social services. My neighbor is a nurse at a children's hospital. They had a woman come in to have a baby last year that had insurance and was not an illegal. At first, they didn't know how to process her! Almost all of the babies born in our area hospitals are from illegal mothers who come up here for free health care and an anchor baby. Illegals are technically not eligible for welfare, food stamps, section 8 housing and the like but no questions are asked when children are involved. "We can't let a child go hungry". So we end up supporting an illegal family who send their kids to the schools we pay for. Every day on our interstate highways, illegal work crews crash their uninsured trucks into Americans. Often times causing injury along with harm. Typically, the work crews who aren't injured bail out and run away, leaving the injured and truck behind.

The media needs to stop telling this lie about Donald Trump. I’m a Sanders supporter — and value honesty

This is what Trump said:

“When do we beat Mexico at the border? They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. […] When Mexico sends its people they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you; they’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people. But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting.”

---------------
Nice post but you're wasting your time.

This is what Trump said:

---------------
Although I do understand the point, I'm not certain the example of it being like 'shoplifting' truly fits, because they are actually paying for what they want in return... with their Labor...they are getting a pay check, but they are working for it and not stealing the money...

but the job, I suppose is being taken in the sense that they got the job over an American or legal immigrant getting the job.

I suppose the business owners who utilize this illegal, cheaper labor feel they should be able to hire workers at the price that makes them the most profits and money for themselves, or they want to out compete their competitor with these cheaper labor cost...

I am presuming most of these smaller businesses hiring cheaper labor, are trying to find a way to compete here on our soil, in the same type of way the big corporations have the ability to open letter of credits and ability to purchase enough merchandise from the same manufacturer to fill a container, coming from China...with the benefit of the cheaper labor costs.

One could argue that both of these things, one done legally and one done illegally lower the price of goods here in the USA for all Americans...

One could also argue that illegal and legal immigrants being hired here is taking jobs from Americans and keeping wages of entry level Americans lower because illegals have raised the 'supply' of entry level workers, pushing or keeping, the cost of labor down.

We could cut off the water spigot of these people coming here if the punishment for hiring illegals had some teeth to it. Without jobs at their finger tips, they would have no reason to come.

As far as the "why not fix your country?"

Us, the lucky, the educated in the USA, even the usmb-ers, can't even fix our own country...how can these broke, peons in their own Nation, fix their Nation's problems?

I would love for Mexico to become another USA or Canada, but I have no idea how this could feasibly be done? You would think that NAFTA should have helped them more than it has....?

Not necessarily a loss of income taxes on their entry level or low level income, because Americans at this level of income would probably not be at an income level of being taxed.

Not good for us that they are living on the cheap and sending a good deal of their money back to Mexico or just saving it for when they return home....but I bet ya that truck that they bought back home or before they left, was an American made truck! ;)

They have elevated their status back home and the visible evidence acts as a magnet for others who want to do the same.

Ah, yes, the 9th or the10th? of the Ten commandments, 'Thou shall NOT covet thy neighbor's goods'...the commandment if followed that would kill capitalism in a nano second...I can see how their new found wealth and goodies could entice neighbors to want it too.... we are all guilty of it! :eek:

but again, if there was some 'true grit', tough as nails penalty for hiring illegals, jail time not off the table, kind of punishment for businesses hiring illegals that would stop this illegal trade of labor, these people coming should dry up.

===================

Your third group of drug dealers and gang members, I presume are the group that I believe Mr.Trump was talking about....and do need to be gotten rid of first, as in yesterday!!!

But, I believe they will be the hardest to get rid of...there is a lot of money in selling and pushing drugs...(we have our own home-bread doing the same) and unfortunately, there is great demand and like with the bootlegging days, as long as the demand exists, they will find a way to tunnel under, climb over, sling shot over and you name it of that wall, to fill that demand....

Sigh, I have no idea how to wisely, correct this....is making drugs legal, truly the answer, like making alcohol legal again was way back when?

Last edited:
...but Sigh, I have no idea how to wisely, correct this...

You hit the nail on the head and you do have a great idea how to wisely correct this.

TURN OFF THE FRIGGING MAGNET. This ain't rocket science.

Put some "true grit" tough as nails penalty for hiring illegals.
Put teeth in the punishment for hiring illegals. FANGS!

The problem is Republicans want cheap labor. Democrats want cheap votes and Americans want cheap lettuce.

As a wise man once said, you can't have open borders and a welfare state and expect to survive as a country. Since the 70's, we've been watering the tree that will hang us.

tumblr_o39afrOEuf1tp42tfo1_500.jpg

-------------

Forum List

Back