NHL 2011-2012 Season

Exactly, the crease is your friend Mr Miller, Milan Lucic is not your friend.

If that was reversed they would still be pulling bruins off of sabers players today!

or this would have happened

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txBVdz6UO3U]Tim Thomas drills Henrik Sedin 6/6/11 1080p HD - YouTube[/ame]

Miller has a concussion and is out indefinitely. Does that make you happy PLYMCO_PILGRIM? It is his second concussion in 8 months, so there is always the concern he will have long term problems.

Lucic has a hearing today with the league. He should be suspended. In or out of the crease, goaltenders are not fair game.

Miller has a concussion and is out indefinitely. Does that make you happy PLYMCO_PILGRIM? It is his second concussion in 8 months, so there is always the concern he will have long term problems.

Lucic has a hearing today with the league. He should be suspended. In or out of the crease, goaltenders are not fair game.

No I'm not happy about the concussion thats not cool even though miller is a bitch.

Lucic won't be suspended, coming out that far and getting in lucic's line of skating that agressively is why lucic wont be suspended....if he was just standing out of the crease and not agressively skating toward lucic and lucic did that then yes lucic would be in trouble, but he wont be.

Just watched it again....Lucic shouldn't be suspended and shouldn't have put his arms out to protect himself from the goalie's agressive poke check.

No I'm not happy about the concussion thats not cool even though miller is a bitch.

Lucic won't be suspended, coming out that far and getting in lucic's line of skating that agressively is why lucic wont be suspended....if he was just standing out of the crease and not agressively skating toward lucic and lucic did that then yes lucic would be in trouble, but he wont be.

Just watched it again....Lucic shouldn't be suspended and shouldn't have put his arms out to protect himself from the goalie's agressive poke check.

We'll see. Lucic made no effort to avoid the hit, he was aggressive. His comments after the game are self incriminating.

"Definitely," Lucic said when asked if the response would have been different if Thomas had been hit like that. "We wouldn't accept anything like that. We would have taken care of business, but we're a different team than they are."

NHL Rule 69 regarding Interference on the Goalkeeper states:

"In all cases in which an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, whether or not the goalkeeper is inside or outside the goal crease, and whether or not a goal is scored, the attacking player will receive a penalty."

Furthermore, the rule says about contact outside the goal crease:

"A goalkeeper is not “fair game” just because he is outside the goal crease. The appropriate penalty should be assessed in every case where an attacking player makes unnecessary contact with the goalkeeper. However, incidental contact will be permitted when the goalkeeper is in the act of playing the puck outside his goal crease provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such unnecessary contact."

Lucic said after the game, "I was going full speed so it was pretty hard for me to put on the brakes."

Still, there does not seem to be a reasonable effort made by Lucic to avoid the incidental contact.

It is against NHL rules to check the goaltender.

We will see, like I was saying he shouldn't have put his arms out like that. If he didn't it would be a definate ok play for lucic.

The arms out may get him in trouble, i'm pretty confident he wont get into any but its all about the arms thing....there was no way lucic was going to avoid running into him so he does have that going for him.

We will see, like I was saying he shouldn't have put his arms out like that. If he didn't it would be a definate ok play for lucic.

The arms out may get him in trouble, i'm pretty confident he wont get into any but its all about the arms thing....there was no way lucic was going to avoid running into him so he does have that going for him.

Brendan Shanahan has been tough....

Shanahan succeeded Colin Campbell as the NHL's chief player disciplinarian. In his very first preseason as director of player discipline, Shanahan delivered multiple suspensions to players for illegal hits, each suspension accompanied by an explaining video. Shanahan's unforgiving enforcement of the rules has gained support league-wide, earning him the nicknames "Sheriff Shanny" and "Shanaban". Players on the receiving end of his suspensions are also said to have been slammed by the "Shanahammer".

That is true he has been very tough this year so maybe I am wrong...i hope not :razz:

And, even though I hate Miller (because he is good and not on my team), I hope he can come back to play before the end of the week.

That is true he has been very tough this year so maybe I am wrong...i hope not :razz:

And, even though I hate Miller (because he is good and not on my team), I hope he can come back to play before the end of the week.

Marc Savard, Sidney Crosby, Eric Lindros, Mike Richter

marc-savardx-topper-medium.jpg

image.jpg

mischockey2.jpg

mike-richter.jpg

Horton!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bChXYPNfU6M]Aaron Rome hits Nathan Horton Jun 6 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

I didn't mean to make light of Miller getting injured man, I didn't even realize he had a concussion when I made my gleeful posts giving him shit earlier ;).

Milan Lucic's success built on controlled aggression - ESPN Boston

Miller and the Sabres were not happy with the incident that landed Lucic in the box with a minor penalty for charging. Afterward, Lucic claimed he had his head down in pursuit of the puck, and when he looked up at the last second, Miller, who was in the faceoff circle to his right trying to play the puck, was right in front of him.

Miller remained in the game for the rest of the first period and the entire second period before he was replaced by backup Jhonas Enroth to start the third. Following the game Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff said Miller had a sore neck, and later the team deemed it a concussion.

The NHL held a disciplinary hearing Monday and ruled that Lucic was not at fault and would not be suspended or fined for the play. It was the right decision by Brendan Shanahan, the senior vice president of player safety and hockey operations.

Miller and the Sabres likely will disagree with the league's decision, but Lucic was only hustling and trying to create a scoring chance. If he did not play with that controlled style of reckless abandon, Lucic would not be a successful player. If he did not play that way, he would not have been able to help the Bruins hoist the Stanley Cup last spring.

:cool:

Miller and the Sabres were not happy with the incident that landed Lucic in the box with a minor penalty for charging. Afterward, Lucic claimed he had his head down in pursuit of the puck, and when he looked up at the last second, Miller, who was in the faceoff circle to his right trying to play the puck, was right in front of him.

Miller remained in the game for the rest of the first period and the entire second period before he was replaced by backup Jhonas Enroth to start the third. Following the game Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff said Miller had a sore neck, and later the team deemed it a concussion.

The NHL held a disciplinary hearing Monday and ruled that Lucic was not at fault and would not be suspended or fined for the play. It was the right decision by Brendan Shanahan, the senior vice president of player safety and hockey operations.

Miller and the Sabres likely will disagree with the league's decision, but Lucic was only hustling and trying to create a scoring chance. If he did not play with that controlled style of reckless abandon, Lucic would not be a successful player. If he did not play that way, he would not have been able to help the Bruins hoist the Stanley Cup last spring.

What a bunch of horse shit. If Kaleta ran over Thomas, the Boston fans would be calling for Kaleta to serve a suspension until Thomas was able to come back...

NOT cool...

What a bunch of horse shit. If Kaleta ran over Thomas, the Boston fans would be calling for Kaleta to serve a suspension until Thomas was able to come back...

NOT cool...

The leaugue has been very strict this year which tells me that Lucic, in the end, didn't break the rules.

That being said you are right, if someone hit thomas like that the bruins would have at least retaliated and us boston fans would be calling for a suspension....we would be wrong in doing so but we would still want it.

NOT cool...

The leaugue has been very strict this year which tells me that Lucic, in the end, didn't break the rules.

That being said you are right, if someone hit thomas like that the bruins would have at least retaliated and us boston fans would be calling for a suspension....we would be wrong in doing so but we would still want it.

MORE horseshit. Brendan Shanahan was wrong, he blew it. The NHL is an absolute JOKE, as usual. Shanahan said he wanted to ask Lucic questions about his 'intent'...gee, were they multiple choice questions Brendan? WTF do you expect Lucic to say: 'yea, I did it on purpose'

Hey Brendan, I didn't mean to take out that guys eye with my stick, it was unintentional high sticking...Oh, OK...no suspension.

Hey officer, I didn't mean to run over that kid with my car, it was unintentional...Oh, OK...no charges.

I don't who this goof ball homer Joe McDonald is, but people with more credibility don't agree...

Kerry Fraser says Milan Lucic deserved two-game suspension

fraser_275.jpg

Brendan Shanahan was quick to condemn the Buffalo Sabres’ comments that goalies are becoming “fair game” after Milan Lucic wasn’t suspended for his check on Ryan Miller, but one retired official thinks that Lindy Ruff’s complaints are spot-on. Kerry Fraser claimed that Lucic deserved a two-game suspension in his TSN column:

I believe [Shanahan] really missed this call and has sent the wrong message. Like it or not, goalies enjoy preferred treatment similar to endangered species in the wild; at least up until this latest decision. It would now appear they are subjected to the same rules as any other player once they leave the “protection of their nest!” Lindy Ruff has every right to call foul on this non suspension. Milan Lucic should have been suspended for the next two (2) games.

Fraser goes on to explain that he attended a meeting with GMs and coaches in which it was generally agreed that goalies would be “untouchable.” Fraser also believed that the two-minute charging penalty should have been a major instead, so he disagreed with the on-ice officials as well as Shanahan’s ruling.

Long story short, there’s at least one (former) official who claims that goalies aren’t “fair game,” even if they’re outside the crease.

Leaf's coach Ron Wilson: NHL needs 'to find a way to protect' its goalies

Canucks notes: 'Lucic could have avoided it'

The Big Question: Is it officially open season on goalies?

BTW...

Matt Cooke's Hit On Marc Savard Goes Unpunished By Boston Bruins

How can you not retaliate after your star offensive player, Marc Savard, was clocked by the notorious Matt Cooke?

Cooke, who is a player who has been suspended a multitude of times for cheat shots.

This isn’t your Daddy’s Big Bad Bruins.

If this happened in the days of Terry O’Reilly or even Lyndon Byers, Cooke would be holding his teeth in his hand.

Paging Milan Lucic.

Paging Shawn Thornton.

Paging Steve Begin.

Paging Claude Julien.

Why didn’t the Bruins coach send one of his “enforcers” to avenge the hit on one of their team leaders?

Just like in our politics discussions you're getting overly dramatic because you disagree :razz:

Overly dramatic? Do you honestly believe Lucic would admit any intent? If intent was the issue, why not ask other players who were on the ice that night? Maybe he should have asked Sabre's defenseman Robyn Regehr: "That was part of their game plan, they had a couple other incidents when they were in there near the crease"

Was Kerry Frazer overly dramatic? Was Ron Wilson Overly dramatic? Were the Canuck players Overly dramatic?

Is Canucks winger Alex Burrows overly dramatic?

“I’m really surprised and even more confused,” Canucks winger Alex Burrows said after the ruling. “I’ve been trying to figure it out and I don’t know if goalies are in play now if they’re out of their crease. This might set a precedent. Shanahan played the game and he probably knew that he [Lucic] had time to move and growing up you learn you can’t really hit the goalies. I would have dove at the puck or have tried to get out of the way.

“I thought there would be repercussions. We’re concerned. I thought we were trying to get those kind of hits out of this league and now it might be back to old-time hockey. The next thing you know, you might have a line brawl or a bench clearing.”

The Hit Heard 'Round The Crease

Lucic deliberately ran over Miller, and it's surprising Shanahan saw it so differently. That Lucic then essentially taunted the Sabres, saying the Bruins would never stand for such an insult to their goalie, will help produce fireworks next week that NHL.com will gleefully both promote and then feature on its website.

But in it's "war" against concussions, the league seems to have excluded goalies from the endangered list. Right now, given the Reimer and Miller incidents/injuries, you'd have to argue there's evidence that taking a run at the other guy's goalie is more than worth it.

↑
*overly dramatic*
↓
↓
*scroll*
↓
↓
↓

If that was reversed they would still be pulling bruins off of sabers players today!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txBVdz6UO3U]Tim Thomas drills Henrik Sedin 6/6/11 1080p HD - YouTube[/ame]

It will happen in the playoff anyway imo and so it should, again imo.

Then it's a different time and story. Reg vs Playoffs.

↑
*overly dramatic*
↓
↓
*scroll*
↓
↓
↓

It will happen in the playoff anyway imo and so it should, again imo.

Then it's a different time and story. Reg vs Playoffs.

I guess Ryan Miller is being over dramatic. Or maybe it's the Boston doctors who diagnosed that he suffered a concussion.

No, not Ryan Miller being overly dramatic as he's stating his case. You're stating his case as if it is the only case.

It's not. :)

Forum List

Back