NFL Week 5 Picks

Congrats to the Seahawks over Rams. 30-29
I would have lost that one but here are the rest of my picks...

Ravens (-3.5) at Steelers {Ben will throw 4 tds}
Bears
(-5.5) vs. Raiders (In London)
Bengals (-4.5) vs. Cardinals
Panthers (-13 -120) vs. Jaguars {points}
Vikings
(-4.5) at Giants
Patriots (-16) at Redskins
Eagles (NL) at Jets
Saints (-5.5) vs. Buccaneers {points}
Texans
(-5) vs. Falcons
Titans (NL) vs. Bills
Chargers
(-6.5) vs. Broncos
Cowboys (-4.5) vs. Packers { Gotta go with Dallas at home after the tough loss in NO }
Browns vs
49ers

Bears
Vikings
(-4.5) at Giants
Eagles (NL) at Jets
Texans
(-5) vs. Falcons
Titans (NL) vs. Bills
Chargers
(-6.5) vs. Broncos
Cowboys (-4.5) vs. Packers { Gotta go with Dallas at home after the tough loss in NO }
Browns vs
49ers

The Browns/49ers game will be an interesting one even despite the Rams losing back to back. I am going to do something extremely rare for me.Going to watch that game.the reason that is rare is because because of a certain team I mentioned earlier,I stopped watching the NFL years ago unless it was the LOS ANGELES Rams that would play.Used to always watch monday night football,did not care who the teams were so getting back to the Browns/49ers game,that will be a fun game to watch it being a prime time game and all.

On the bright side, it is a bye week for the dolphins which means they can't lose this weekend.

On the bright side, it is a bye week for the dolphins which means they can't lose this weekend.

Isn't it hard to fathom that this was a team that once was a scoring machine for DECADES with quarterbacks Bob Grise and Dan Marino and always a playoff contender almost every year with Don shula as their coach? once upon a time that was actually true as hard as it is to believe.

But really, they aren't throwing this season in order to get the first pick as part of a rebuild! ;)
That is what they are claiming but they are just bad.
If they had Tom Brady as a QB they would still loose.
They traded away any players that had value and that leaves nothing to build a team, around.

Last edited:

But really, they aren't throwing this season in order to get the first pick as part of a rebuild! ;)
That is what they are claiming but they are just bad.
If they had Tom Brady as a QB they would still loose.
They traded away any players that had value and that leaves nothing to build a tea, around.
Rebuilds have to be timed also. Or at least considerations for it. Having some great high paid players while the rest of the team is lethargic may not work out.

Bears
Vikings
(-4.5) at Giants
Eagles (NL) at Jets
Texans
(-5) vs. Falcons
Titans (NL) vs. Bills
Chargers
(-6.5) vs. Broncos
Browns vs
49ers

Well the thing is @Angelo,the Seahawks benefitted from some home town reffing from the Refs in seattle.

Deep in Rams territory they called a personal foul against clay matthews for a helmet to helmet hit on wilson when the replays CLEARLY showed matthews led shoulder pad to shoulder pad and ONLY hit wilson on the shoulder pads with HIS shoulder pads yet he got called for a personal foul penalty on that.:rolleyes: Clay Matthews knows how to play the game,he has NEVER been a dirty player and was not dirty then either. Matthews had a great case he did not commit a personal foul helmet to helmet penalty when he was pleading with the refs,even the announcers agreed with matthews that it was a HORRIBLE call.:mad:

that horrible call was the difference in the game because instead of having of the seahawks having to settle for a field goal,they got a touchdown out of that and that of course decided the game for the Rams.

Its hard enough to compete with the 12th man they have in seattle. The Ball DID bounce seattles way when they punted to the Rams and it bounced favorably for them to where they were able to down it at the Rams 1 yard line. when you have the ball at the one yeard line and you are backed up with the fans behind you,that is the most difficult situation for a road team since seattle has like either the loudest or second loudest stadium in the NFL and the Rams had to punt,but that should not have mattered though if the refs make the correct call and acknowledge they goofed.

Last edited:
I'll get us started this week.

Thursday, Oct. 3

Los Angeles Rams at Seattle Seahawks 8:20 p.m. The Rams haven't played that well, despite their 3-1 record. For some reason, though, I think they will beat the Hawks in Seattle.

Sunday, Oct 6

Jacksonville Jaguars at Carolina Panthers 1 p.m. I'm going with the 'stache! :)
Arizona Cardinals at Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m. No matter who wins, viewers will probably lose with this game.
Atlanta Falcons at Houston Texans 1 p.m. Disappointing start to the season for the Falcons. Still a tough pick, as I think the Falcons will pick things up later in the year and the Texans' O line is suspect at best.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints 1 p.m. Yes, the Bucs scored 55 points last week. Yes, their defense got a bunch of turnovers and sacks. Yes, Brees is still injured. I'm taking this well-rounded Saints team at home, despite all that.
Minnesota Vikings at New York Giants 1 p.m. The Giants have played above expectations while the Vikings have played below. The Vikes are still the better team.
Chicago Bears at Oakland Raiders (London) 1 p.m. I feel pretty vindicated about my criticism of the Gruden signing so far. :lol:
New York Jets at Philadelphia Eagles 1 p.m. It's the Eagles vs LeVeon Bell and some other guys. Eagles should win.
Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers 1 p.m. It's in Pittsburgh, the Steelers are coming off a dominating win, while the Ravens have had a couple of disappointing losses. I don't think this Steelers team is all that good, though, while the Ravens have talent.
Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Titans 1 p.m. A defensive game. After the Bills stymied the Pats last week, I'll go with them.
New England Patriots at Washington Redskins 1 p.m. How easy is the Pats' road to the playoffs?
Denver Broncos at Los Angeles Chargers 4:05 p.m. I don't even really know what the Broncos are looking like so far. :lol: The Chargers are looking as if they will once again be more hype than substance, but I think they squeak out a win.
Green Bay Packers at Dallas Cowboys 4:25 p.m. I'd like to take the Packers, but I give the Cowboys the edge at home.
Indianapolis Colts at Kansas City Chiefs 8:20 p.m. This could be a very high scoring game. The Colts don't have enough to stop the Chiefs.

Monday, Oct. 7

Cleveland Browns at San Francisco 49ers 8:15 p.m. 49ers defense is looking good and they are at home. The Browns have found a bit of the mojo they were expected to show this season, so this could be a good one.
Bears lost to raiders.

And I should be rooting against Green Bay but I can’t root for Dallas.

Los Angeles Rams at Seattle The Rams should wake up and play.

Jacksonville
at Carolina Jags defense gives them the edge

Arizona at Cincinnati Can we do a coin flip and spares us all the pain of actually watching them play?

Atlanta
at Houston Mild upset, the Falcons will get their passing game going

Tampa Bay at New Orleans Love the Bucs D, but NO also has a defense.

Minnesota at New York Giants Vikings have looked flat but it is the Giants they’re playing

Chicago at Oakland Raiders get a rare win, but that was last week but Mack will have a great game and the Bears D will carry them

New York Jets at Philadelphia Wentz & the Eagles need to stay on track, the Jets will help

Baltimore at Pittsburgh Steelers get their first win however it was against the Bengals. The Ravens are the better team

Buffalo at Tennessee Two good defenses but the Titans have a slightly better offense

New England at Washington Is Brady finally showing his age? Still anything is better than the Redskins

Denver at Los Angeles Chargers The Chargers have not been impressive this year but the Broncos are not going to win

Green Bay at Dallas I’d love to take the Pack but their #1 WR is out and the rest of the group is less than impressive. Prescott is looking better and better

Indianapolis at Kansas City This could be a shoot out, in that case, I’ll take the big guns of KC

Cleveland at San Francisco Mayfield likes to think of himself and his team as an underdog, against The 9ers, he will be.
I see you got Chicago and Dallas wrong. Atlanta lost to Texas too right?

Jacksonville

Arizona at Cincinnati Can we do a coin flip and spares us all the pain of actually watching them play?

Atlanta

Minnesota at New York Giants Vikings have looked flat but it is the Giants they’re playing

Chicago at Oakland Raiders get a rare win, but that was last week but Mack will have a great game and the Bears D will carry them

New York Jets at Philadelphia Wentz & the Eagles need to stay on track, the Jets will help

Baltimore at Pittsburgh Steelers get their first win however it was against the Bengals. The Ravens are the better team

Buffalo at Tennessee Two good defenses but the Titans have a slightly better offense

New England at Washington Is Brady finally showing his age? Still anything is better than the Redskins

Denver at Los Angeles Chargers The Chargers have not been impressive this year but the Broncos are not going to win

Green Bay at Dallas I’d love to take the Pack but their #1 WR is out and the rest of the group is less than impressive. Prescott is looking better and better

Indianapolis at Kansas City This could be a shoot out, in that case, I’ll take the big guns of KC

Cleveland at San Francisco Mayfield likes to think of himself and his team as an underdog, against The 9ers, he will be.

I do better than a chicken shit that won’t put it out on the line.

Jacksonville

Atlanta

I was up north hunting.

The lions are off. I don’t care other than Green Bay Chicago and Minnesota.

However I’m loving watching Dallas suck

Jacksonville

Atlanta

As a lion fan I should be rooting for Dallas to beat Green Bay but my hate for Dallas is so strong I’m loving it that Dallas is showing that no they are not a Super Bowl contender. My biggest fear in football is to see Jerry Jones popping champagne bottles with his team.

I think the lions are better than both of them. A lot more season ahead.

:5_1_12024:

Indianapolis%20Colts%20Flag.gif

Forum List

Back