NFL Week 5 Picks

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Montrovant, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Montrovant

Montrovant Fuzzy bears!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,156
    I'll get us started this week.

Thursday, Oct. 3

Los Angeles Rams at Seattle Seahawks 8:20 p.m. The Rams haven't played that well, despite their 3-1 record. For some reason, though, I think they will beat the Hawks in Seattle.

Sunday, Oct 6

Jacksonville Jaguars at Carolina Panthers 1 p.m. I'm going with the 'stache! :)
    Arizona Cardinals at Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m. No matter who wins, viewers will probably lose with this game.
    Atlanta Falcons at Houston Texans 1 p.m. Disappointing start to the season for the Falcons. Still a tough pick, as I think the Falcons will pick things up later in the year and the Texans' O line is suspect at best.
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints 1 p.m. Yes, the Bucs scored 55 points last week. Yes, their defense got a bunch of turnovers and sacks. Yes, Brees is still injured. I'm taking this well-rounded Saints team at home, despite all that.
    Minnesota Vikings at New York Giants 1 p.m. The Giants have played above expectations while the Vikings have played below. The Vikes are still the better team.
    Chicago Bears at Oakland Raiders (London) 1 p.m. I feel pretty vindicated about my criticism of the Gruden signing so far. :lol:
    New York Jets at Philadelphia Eagles 1 p.m. It's the Eagles vs LeVeon Bell and some other guys. Eagles should win.
    Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers 1 p.m. It's in Pittsburgh, the Steelers are coming off a dominating win, while the Ravens have had a couple of disappointing losses. I don't think this Steelers team is all that good, though, while the Ravens have talent.
    Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Titans 1 p.m. A defensive game. After the Bills stymied the Pats last week, I'll go with them.
    New England Patriots at Washington Redskins 1 p.m. How easy is the Pats' road to the playoffs?
    Denver Broncos at Los Angeles Chargers 4:05 p.m. I don't even really know what the Broncos are looking like so far. :lol: The Chargers are looking as if they will once again be more hype than substance, but I think they squeak out a win.
    Green Bay Packers at Dallas Cowboys 4:25 p.m. I'd like to take the Packers, but I give the Cowboys the edge at home.
    Indianapolis Colts at Kansas City Chiefs 8:20 p.m. This could be a very high scoring game. The Colts don't have enough to stop the Chiefs.

Monday, Oct. 7

Cleveland Browns at San Francisco 49ers 8:15 p.m. 49ers defense is looking good and they are at home. The Browns have found a bit of the mojo they were expected to show this season, so this could be a good one.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,804
    What IS your reason on the Rams winning tomorrow by chance? I assume you are going to watch it since one team in the NFC west will be 1-2 and if it IS the Rams it will make the matchup of your niners all the more intereesting which btw i will be in LA for that game. always dreamed of seeing the Rams and Niners play in california.want to see them play in the classic LA coliseum since this is their last year there which i am not happy about,give me the old classic stadiums anyday of the year over these fucking fancy state of the art stadiums.:mad:

IF andthat is a major if since recently they have been teriible with the seahawks on this,if they cant stop the run i think the rams have a good chance,if they DONT like i am thinking they wont,it will be a long day for them and the seattle wins.

I am going to do something very rare,watch the niners/browns game since their records are so close to the same as each other rams and niners and as i said,will be seeing them play next week in LA.:)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Papageorgio

Papageorgio The Ultimate Winner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,338
    Los Angeles Rams at Seattle The Rams should wake up and play.

Jacksonville
    at Carolina Jags defense gives them the edge

Arizona at Cincinnati Can we do a coin flip and spares us all the pain of actually watching them play?

Atlanta
    at Houston Mild upset, the Falcons will get their passing game going

Tampa Bay at New Orleans Love the Bucs D, but NO also has a defense.

Minnesota at New York Giants Vikings have looked flat but it is the Giants they’re playing

Chicago at Oakland Raiders get a rare win, but that was last week but Mack will have a great game and the Bears D will carry them

New York Jets at Philadelphia Wentz & the Eagles need to stay on track, the Jets will help

Baltimore at Pittsburgh Steelers get their first win however it was against the Bengals. The Ravens are the better team

Buffalo at Tennessee Two good defenses but the Titans have a slightly better offense

New England at Washington Is Brady finally showing his age? Still anything is better than the Redskins

Denver at Los Angeles Chargers The Chargers have not been impressive this year but the Broncos are not going to win

Green Bay at Dallas I’d love to take the Pack but their #1 WR is out and the rest of the group is less than impressive. Prescott is looking better and better

Indianapolis at Kansas City This could be a shoot out, in that case, I’ll take the big guns of KC

Cleveland at San Francisco Mayfield likes to think of himself and his team as an underdog, against The 9ers, he will be.

4. Manonthestreet

Manonthestreet Platinum Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,560
    MN coaching staff seems slow to adapt during game. Don't blame Cousins he's only trying to execute what coaches call.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Montrovant

Montrovant Fuzzy bears!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,156
    There's nothing concrete that made me pick the Rams, just a hunch. I know they and Seattle are both 3-1, and it's in Seattle, I just get the feeling the Rams will bounce back. :dunno:

6. Montrovant

Montrovant Fuzzy bears!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,156
    I work a very early schedule, so I haven't been watching the later games.

7. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,804
    yeah i change my mind.Since i now know the truth about pete the cheat,that he is always on the take,and when its always a big game,he always does something really asinine and stupid that costs the seahawks the game,remembering that,i think the Rams win. If this wasnt a big game i would not pick them but a big game? yeah he'll be on the take again.

Last year I went and saw the seahawks in LA play the Rams and it was late in the game and it was a close game and with the game really close and it was fourth and ten and my friends that went to the game with me,we were all taking and i said to them-just watch,he will do something really stupid right here cause he is on the take and will thrown this game. and guess what? sure enough,I was a prophet.Instead of punting the ball like a coach wanting to win the game would,he had the punter fake the punt and try and run and pick up the first down and he got tackled and got stopped on fourth down. that of course cost the seahawks the game.

when are you EVER going to wake up that this guy ALWAYS throws a game when it is a big game.:rolleyes:
    Now that I know what he is all about and what his intentions REALLY are,he is so EASY to predict now.:laughing0301::lmao:

me and my friends were all laughing when he did that because THEY all knew he would do something stupid like that as well cause they all know same as me he is on the take.:lmao::laughing0301:

8. Borillar

Borillar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,104
    I’ll go with the Seachix tonight. I’ll get the other picks in later.

9. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58,757
    Every pick I make is wrong.

Also, Elizabeth Warren will be the President.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,804
    okay but whats YOUR reason for the seahawks pick? just a hunch or homefield advantage or what?