NFL week 1 prognostications

Borillar

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2012
Directly above the center of the Earth
Ah, football is back at last. They may have finally figured out what a catch is, but now they have muddied how a tackle may be made. Anyway, here's to another fun season of football.

Here's my picks:
  • FALCONS AT EAGLES --- Champs beat Failcons at home.
  • BILLS AT RAVENS --- Ravens at Home
  • JAGUARS AT GIANTS --- Jags great defense should smother Jersey Gints
  • BUCCANEERS AT SAINTS --- Saints should take care of Succaneers at home.
  • TEXANS AT PATRIOTS --- Should be a good matchup. Texans at full strength could be scary.
  • 49ERS AT VIKINGS --- Vikes at home.
  • TITANS AT DOLPHINS --- Think Titans overall better than the Fish.
  • BENGALS AT COLTS --- Bengals better defensively. Luck hasn't played for a couple years now.
  • STEELERS AT BROWNS --- Brownies should be better this year, but not good enough.
  • CHIEFS AT CHARGERS --- Chargers at home over Chefs without Alex Smith.
  • SEAHAWKS AT BRONCOS --- Another good matchup. Will Keenum turn into a pumpkin?
  • COWBOYS AT PANTHERS --- Panthers over Cowpies at home. Cowpies without Dez & Witten.
  • REDSKINS AT CARDINALS --- Can Card's brittle QB stay on the field?
  • BEARS AT PACKERS --- Green Bay Rogerses should beat the Bearsus at home.
  • JETS AT LIONS --- Kitties at home.
  • RAMS AT RAIDERS --- Should be interesting to see what Gruden can do with Raiders.

Ah, football is back at last. They may have finally figured out what a catch is, but now they have muddied how a tackle may be made. Anyway, here's to another fun season of football.

Here's my picks:
  • TEXANS AT PATRIOTS --- Should be a good matchup. Texans at full strength could be scary.
  • BENGALS AT COLTS --- Bengals better defensively. Luck hasn't played for a couple years now.
  • STEELERS AT BROWNS --- Brownies should be better this year, but not good enough.
  • SEAHAWKS AT BRONCOS --- Another good matchup. Will Keenum turn into a pumpkin?
  • COWBOYS AT PANTHERS --- Panthers over Cowpies at home. Cowpies without Dez & Witten.
  • RAMS AT RAIDERS --- Should be interesting to see what Gruden can do with Raiders.

I agree with your picks with the exception of the Hawks and Broncos. I think the Hawks are in for a down year, while the Broncos may find some success with Keenum and that D.

Here's my picks:

I agree with your picks with the exception of the Hawks and Broncos. I think the Hawks are in for a down year, while the Broncos may find some success with Keenum and that D.
I was kind of waffling on this game. I also think the Seachix are probably in a down cycle, but they still do have an effective defense and Russell Wilson. I'm happy for Case Keenum, that he got his payday. He had a fantastic year for the Vikes, coming off the bench and taking them all the way to the NFC Championship game. I was kind of hoping the Vikes would keep him, but they paid the big bucks for Cousins instead. I don't think Case has the same tools to work with in Denver though. Tough defense should keep them in games.

Glad to see Foles starting for the birds tonight. The Eagle variety, I mean. Not the Falcon variety.

I predict 6 td passes out of Foles. All long balls.

• FALCONS over the EAGLES
  • RAVENS over the BILLS
  • JAGS over the GIANTS
  • BUCCANEERS lose to the SAINTS
  • TEXANS lose to the Patriots
  • 49ERS lose to the Vikings
  • TITANS over the DOLPHINS
  • BENGALS over the COLTS
  • Steelers over the BROWNS
  • CHIEFS lose to the CHARGERS
  • SEAHAWKS over the BRONCOS
  • COWBOYS lose to the PANTHERS
  • REDSKINS lose to the CARDINALS
  • BEARS lose to the PACKERS
  • JETS lose to the LIONS
  • RAMS over the RAIDERS

Here's my picks:

Keenum? He was was in the championship game which is the reason he.is.in Denver in 1st place

I look forward to another mediocre, probably embarrassing at some point, season from my Redskins starting up in 2 1/2 hours

I am watching the Steelers try so dreadfully hard to lose against the Browns. Lord give me strength.

A fucking tie aganist the Browns. :lol:

The browns are no longer a laughingstock...the buffalo billls....now there’s a laughingstock

Pittsburgh has a nasty habit of playing down to teams that are shitty. They can never just blow out opponents, each game has to be super close. Pecker heads are going to give me an ulcer.

Forum List

Back