NFL - think twice on Limbaugh

rush_limbaugh_dittohead.jpg

Top 10 Racist Limbaugh Quotes
1. I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.

[SIZE=+1]Football hates Pigboy[/SIZE]
"No goat fuckers in the NFL" they say.
goat_phk.jpg

Link
Excerpt:
NFL Players executive director DeMaurice Smith on Saturday made a move to solidify the union against a bid by the vulgar Pigboy Rush Limbaugh as part of a group that aims to purchase the St. Louis Rams. In an e-mail to the union's executive committee on Saturday specifically addressing Limbaugh's bid, Smith said, "I've spoken to the Commissioner and I understand that this ownership consideration is in the early stages. But sport in America is at its best when it unifies, gives all of us reason to cheer, and when it transcends. Our sport does exactly that when it overcomes division and rejects discrimination and hatred. There is an ugly part of history and we will not risk going backwards, giving up, giving in or lying down to it."

This afternoon in Boston, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell chipped in with a "fat friggin' chance" (our words, not Goodell's) when asked about Rush Limbaugh's prospects of being part of an ownership group trying to purchase the St. Louis Rams.

Speaking in a press conference in a South Boston hotel, Goodell first referred to the purchase process saying it was still in the preliminary stages.

"At this point in time we'll continue our process which is to allow the Rams to decide if they're going to sell and who they'll sell to," Goodell said. "And then at some point, the NFL will be engaged and we'll [examine] whatever ownership group is put forth through our process [of vetting the group]."

Asked if he had any response to the surge in player opposition to Limbaugh's potentially becoming an owner, Goodell said, "The comments that Rush made about Donovan [McNabb] I disagree with very strongly. [They were] polarizing comments that we don't think reflect accurately on the NFL or our players and I obviously do not believe that those comments are positive and are divisive. I disagree with those comments very strongly and I've told the players that."

Goodell was asked what his reaction would be if a present owner aired commentary like Limbaugh's. Would he then have an issue?

"We're all held to a high standard here and divisive comments are not what the NFL's all about," said Goodell. "I would not want to see those kind of comments from people who are in a responsible position in the NFL, no. Absolutely not."

Goodell on Rush: "Divisive comments are not what NFL's about" | ProFootballTalk.com

Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay said this afternoon that the divisive rhetoric of prospective Rams minority owner Rush Limbaugh makes him unappealing.

"I myself couldn't even think of voting for him," said Irsay speaking from the NFL's fall ownership meetings in Boston.

Asked if he'd spoken to other owners about Limbaugh's candidacy, Irsay said, "I haven't and I don't think I would even go to the point of talking to Tony Dungy, Jim Caldwell, Dwight Freeney, talking to those men and seeing what their positions are. I'm very sensitive to know there are scars out there. I think as a nation we need to stop it. Our words do damage and it's something that we don't need. We need to get to a higher level of humanity and we have.

Colts' Irsay pans Limbaugh ownership involvement | ProFootballTalk.com

What you Liberals are really afraid of: Limbaugh buying the franchise and winning the Super Bowl.

BOSTON -- Rush Limbaugh's bid to buy the St. Louis Rams ran into opposition within the NFL on Tuesday, when Colts owner Jim Irsay vowed to vote against him and commissioner Roger Goodell said the conservative commentator's "divisive" comments would not be tolerated from any NFL insider.

"I, myself, couldn't even consider voting for him," Irsay said at an owners meetings. "When there are comments that have been made that are inappropriate, incendiary and insensitive ... our words do damage, and it's something that we don't need."

Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay won't vote to approve Rush Limbaugh as St. Louis Rams owner - ESPN

Kudos to Mr. Irsay.

:clap2:

BOSTON -- Rush Limbaugh's bid to buy the St. Louis Rams ran into opposition within the NFL on Tuesday, when Colts owner Jim Irsay vowed to vote against him and commissioner Roger Goodell said the conservative commentator's "divisive" comments would not be tolerated from any NFL insider.

"I, myself, couldn't even consider voting for him," Irsay said at an owners meetings. "When there are comments that have been made that are inappropriate, incendiary and insensitive ... our words do damage, and it's something that we don't need."

Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay won't vote to approve Rush Limbaugh as St. Louis Rams owner - ESPN

Kudos to Mr. Irsay.

wow, he comes off as stupid with that statement

Kudos to Mr. Irsay.

wow, he comes off as stupid with that statement

It looks like the Commish, some of the owners, and the head of the players association think he has a point.

It looks like the Commish, some of the owners, and the head of the players association think he has a point.
thats because they likely only know about the way what he said was distorted and not what he actually said
but thats their prerogative to not allow him

There is no proof of any of these accusations, not one shread.....

It is absurd that someone like Irsay would make this statement, his father was considered a jerk for leaving Baltimore....

Here is a league that has Jerry Jones one of the most controversial people in the world, the NBA has Mark Cuban, it is no secret in Texas that Dallas has the market cornered on :ahole-1: owners....

Last edited:
It looks like the deal is all but dead now.

Rush Limbaugh made his money in the business of divisive politics. He’s one of the most successful modern-day pundits, and as he found bigger audiences the more entrenched and outspoken he became.

It’s an honest living. No crimes committed, no rivers polluted, no official power at all. If the other side just ignored him rather than playing into his hands, he’d have been marginalized a long time ago.

The money – enough to become a potential part owner of the St. Louis Rams – didn’t come without baggage, though.

Making a fortune through division will ultimately divide Limbaugh right out of the NFL.

Apparently, the deal is all but done. Enough owners have privately told Yahoo! Sports’ Jason Cole that they will not support Limbaugh’s ownership bid. At least one, Indianapolis Colts’ owner Jim Irsay, has publicly expressed his opposition.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AppBP9OHJpO65JrjzYX7OtM5nYcB?slug=dw-limbaugh101309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

It looks like the deal is all but dead now.

Rush Limbaugh made his money in the business of divisive politics. He’s one of the most successful modern-day pundits, and as he found bigger audiences the more entrenched and outspoken he became.

It’s an honest living. No crimes committed, no rivers polluted, no official power at all. If the other side just ignored him rather than playing into his hands, he’d have been marginalized a long time ago.

The money – enough to become a potential part owner of the St. Louis Rams – didn’t come without baggage, though.

Making a fortune through division will ultimately divide Limbaugh right out of the NFL.

Apparently, the deal is all but done. Enough owners have privately told Yahoo! Sports’ Jason Cole that they will not support Limbaugh’s ownership bid. At least one, Indianapolis Colts’ owner Jim Irsay, has publicly expressed his opposition.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AppBP9OHJpO65JrjzYX7OtM5nYcB?slug=dw-limbaugh101309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

What a bunch of pussies. Gee, I wonder what they would say if Jeremiah Wright wanted to join some investors to buy a team, do you think they would bring up his divisiveness?

Who cares?

This isn't about Wright.

It's about Rush and Rush is getting DENIED.

A black journalist on Fox News this morning in a sly manner accused the rest of the owners of racism.

He said because they're not saying anything against Rush he wonders what they're thinking and he also said that this is something he thought was the case all along.

So racism has reared it's ugly head in the NFL now. Even though 70% of the players are black and many of the coaches are black. When are they gonna start raising hell again about no black owners? The NBA is almost completely black and nobody raises hell about that. It's just the way things worked out.

Problem is most of the racism I'm seeing is coming from blacks not whites. But then again they feel they have the right to be racists because it's more politically correct these days for them to be so.

Rush is not a racist. After years and years of broadcasts they really don't a whole lot to use against him. Most of what they're using against him was taken out of context and some of of it was just plain made up. Rush has a big mouth, but he's not a racist. However I can't say the same thing about his critics.

Forum List

Back