NFL Rookie Of The Year? RGIII ? Russell Wilson ? Andrew Luck ? You Pick!

Tommorow is going to be huge for Wilson. The Bills sheduled a "home" game in Toronto.. That was dumb. Luck will be tested big time going into Houston just after losing to the Patriots.

Rg3 ...not so much he is through for the season.

As far as I've heard RGIII was possible to play this week until yesterday. He may play again, and the Skins still have a shot at the playoffs.

Tommorow is going to be huge for Wilson. The Bills sheduled a "home" game in Toronto.. That was dumb. Luck will be tested big time going into Houston just after losing to the Patriots.

As far as I've heard RGIII was possible to play this week until yesterday. He may play again, and the Skins still have a shot at the playoffs.

Don't take it personal but I hope SF loses it's next two games... :D

Don't take it personal but I hope SF loses it's next two games... :D

Hah! I'm sure you do. ;)

Two very very tough weeks for my Niners. It's like the playoffs before the playoffs. I'm a bit more worried about the Pats, but that's just because I think a Seattle/SF game is more likely to be close until the end. The Pats just have a scarier offense and could go up big early if the Niners D isn't playing it's best. Both of the games are going to be damn hard to win.

Another blowout win by the Hawks. It's scary how much they and the Niners are built along the same lines. Punishing defense, great running game, mobile quarterbacks (with Kaep in particular, although Smith is also surprisingly spry). I hope both teams make the playoffs, no one will want to play them. Even if you win, you're going to hurt afterwards. :lol:

If I'm lucky the Hawks are tiring themselves out and will gas during the Niner game next week! :tongue:

:mad:
Another blowout win by the Hawks. It's scary how much they and the Niners are built along the same lines. Punishing defense, great running game, mobile quarterbacks (with Kaep in particular, although Smith is also surprisingly spry). I hope both teams make the playoffs, no one will want to play them. Even if you win, you're going to hurt afterwards. :lol:

If I'm lucky the Hawks are tiring themselves out and will gas during the Niner game next week! :tongue:

:lol:

I'm just curious.... If the SF fans are as Ga-Ga over Kaepenick as many Seattle fans are over Russell Wilson..??????????

Lotta bromance goin on up here in the Emerald City... :lol:

Russell Wilson's effective movement & pinpoint ball location on the run - Field Gulls

Danny, you sexy bitch. Nice work.
by Blake Whitney on Dec 18, 2012 2:38 PM PST reply actions 5 recs

thank ya kindly
Field Gulls | Follow @FieldGulls

by Danny Kelly on Dec 18, 2012 7:06 PM PST up reply actions
Wow
This was excellent thank you
by seahawk81 on Dec 18, 2012 2:58 PM PST reply actions 1 recs

gracias!

One of the most important details regarding Wilson's scramble ability is also where he throws the ball. Note how in all three examples Danny has provided regarding Wilson’s placement compared to the line of scrimmage – it’s always either exactly at the line or it’s very close to it.

This holds the defenders to make a decision at the last possible second in either defending Wilson from scrambling or him from passing, which incidentally also opens up a lot of holes in the coverage. Adding on to the fact to this illusion is that Wilson always scrambles like he’s about to throw, and rarely does he tucks the ball in until he fully commits, which helps again in the disguise because the defenders can’t guess.

Sincere apologies for the lack of analysis lately. I just realized that laptops are not waterproof.

by Mike Chan on Dec 18, 2012 3:03 PM PST reply actions 6 recs

Great point. He seems to be so fundamental all the time.

The fake point downfield, to an imaginary reciever/blocker while he's scrambling outside
is awesome
by Starts on Dec 18, 2012 8:03 PM PST up reply actions
That's advanced awareness... that's not the kind of attention to detail that I want to see in an opposing QB.
by Delmuir on Dec 19, 2012 9:04 PM PST up reply actions

Cool! I like the comparison.

by Danny Kelly on Dec 18, 2012 7:05 PM PST up reply actions

I can't even look you in the eye right now, Danny. At one point you took on the shape of a unicorn.

You're not wrong.
by jhmg16 on Dec 18, 2012 3:16 PM PST reply actions 12 recs

All I can say is 'rec'd'
and go hawks

by Danny Kelly on Dec 18, 2012 7:05 PM PST up reply actions

go hawks
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.
by Corax --Nevermore-- on Dec 18, 2012 7:52 PM PST up reply actions
Has anyone ever considered that his height might actually be beneficial to him? I mean when you think about it most of the guys on our line are around 6-3 and wider than Wilson if he is wandering around in the pocked where the spy, or a pass rusher can not really see him with ease doesn’t this give him added time and an extra first step on his defender too? I mean he is faster than most guys and is pretty smart. I think his height might play to an advantage because while he may not be able to see all the field a lot of the defense probably can’t see him either.
by Spencer Vail on Dec 18, 2012 3:30 PM PST reply actions 4 recs
It could very well be
I was at the game on Sunday, and there were times when the line stood up and we couldn’t see Wilson at all. It couldn’t have been our vantage point, but we never had that issue with Fitz.
by Cashews! on Dec 18, 2012 5:34 PM PST up reply actions

Also his height helps him hide his hips when looking off a WR
So he can set his feet one way while facing another, pump fakes and then rotate to where his feet are already set. I can’t find a picture of him pump faking but look in the games. His feet are set to one completely different direction than his torso and then he swivels and delivers.

There, I said it, wear a condom.
by Built2Spill on Dec 18, 2012 10:50 PM PST up reply actions 1 recs

Great article, Danny!
Wilson is going to be my fantasy quarterback for years to come and I don’t care if I have to overpay. I love this kid.
by bobbyj0708 on Dec 18, 2012 3:46 PM PST reply actions

Great article, I think his ability to pass like that on the run also helps his running outside the pocket as well
Coupled with his sick nasty pump fake. In one of his rushes he pump faked the fuck out of a Bill defender and waltzed in for the easy score
by ungoreatstefan on Dec 18, 2012 3:46 PM PST reply actions 1 recs

He takes some really nice juke steps in his running that gets defenders into the wrong gaps - it's part of the reason he was so untouched all day on his runs
I was thinking about breaking this down.

by Danny Kelly on Dec 18, 2012 7:07 PM PST up reply actions
That's a really nice skill for a quarterback
I’d like to see RW keep from getting hit as much as possible. Lengthen that career, kid. I want to see you in Seahawk blue for the next fifteen years.
by robbbbbb on Dec 18, 2012 8:23 PM PST up reply actions

Russell Wilson is a Mini Cooper.
Put him in a rally race, he’ll tear up the field.
by iheartjavelinas on Dec 18, 2012 3:50 PM PST reply actions

Exactly
Kaepernick is a Corvette, Wilson’s a WRX.

"Me and Earl walked up to him and said, ‘We’re greater than you. We’re better than you. You’re just a man — we’re a team.’"
-CB Richard Sherman
by Greetings from the Lord Humongous! on Dec 18, 2012 3:56 PM PST up reply actions 1 recs

Ahhhhh I love STI's.
by Stay Off the Flowers on Dec 18, 2012 3:57 PM PST up reply actions 2 recs
Do you prefer gonorrhea or chlamydia?
by ShibbyHibby on Dec 18, 2012 4:18 PM PST up reply actions 2 recs
Yes.
by LAdirt on Dec 18, 2012 5:11 PM PST up reply actions

Did you just combine STD and UTI?
by Stay Off the Flowers on Dec 18, 2012 6:42 PM PST up reply actions
No an STI is a sexually transmitted infection.
So it could be something that isn’t going to be with you forever. Example: Crab lice.
But also includes STDs.
by Southhill Seahawk on Dec 18, 2012 7:49 PM PST via iPhone app up reply actions 2 recs
Thank you.
by ShibbyHibby on Dec 18, 2012 8:48 PM PST up reply actions

The more you know
\star and rainbow in space
by Stay Off the Flowers on Dec 19, 2012 6:00 AM PST up reply actions

Having been rear-ended in my 2011 Hennessey CTS-V by a WRX
And replacing it w/ a new Vette GS, I’m not sure I like this comparison. Can Wilson be the GM product and Kaep the Subby?

thanks.

Go Hawks!
by GnarlyHawk on Dec 18, 2012 7:03 PM PST up reply actions

Really great read
One thing that I really like about Wilson is the impressive zip he gets on balls with little wind-up or arm motion. I’ thinking specifically of the times when he’s escaped pressure, on the run and gets rid of the ball at the last minute sending the ball upfield ~20-30 yards with just a flick of his wrist. This

The other thing that I really like about the guy is his pocket presence and functional speed. He doesn’t look fast (I think he was clocked at 4.4s at one point) but he has all the quickness he needs to outrun guys. While I like Kaepernick for his downfield running threat, it seems like Wilson can stay ahead of pursuing DEs while keeping his eyes downfield pretty regularly. Kaepernick can run or throw but Wilson can do both on the same play (and change his mind a couple of times in the middle).

"Me and Earl walked up to him and said, ‘We’re greater than you. We’re better than you. You’re just a man — we’re a team.’"
-CB Richard Sherman
by Greetings from the Lord Humongous! on Dec 18, 2012 3:52 PM PST reply actions

Thanks sir.
RE: the windup, that’s a good point — he doesn’t take much time to get the ball out once he’s decided to throw it — that’s a very Rodgers-esque trait – not saying he’s Rodgers, obviously, but one thing about AR is when he’s out moving around, he just whips the ball around with very short, compact motion. I can see a little of that with wilson.

by Danny Kelly on Dec 19, 2012 7:13 AM PST up reply actions

OHMYGODDANNYJUSTSAIDHEWASRODGERS!
by Stay Off the Flowers on Dec 19, 2012 8:35 AM PST up reply actions 2 recs

About the windup...
When he really does step into one, that’s pretty impressive as well! I yelled “Holy FUCK!” on the Sidney -down-the-middle touchdown earlier this year, before I even saw who he was throwing to or where it was going. All based off the way RW stepped into that throw. I don’t remember how far that travelled in the air, but I knew it was going to be amazing just from his effort. And goog gawd what a BE-A-UTIFUL pass that was!
by Tigloki on Dec 19, 2012 10:10 AM PST up reply actions

To quote Cyndi Lauper...
“…beatuifuuulll like a raaaiinnnbowww!”
by Tigloki on Dec 19, 2012 10:35 AM PST up reply actions

Here is my weekly "hey where's the gif of" post
Hey where is the gif of Russell Wilson schooling Mario Williams with pump fakes and stutter steps? Like just straight embarrassing him. That was some “best quarterback alive” shit.

You're not wrong.
by jhmg16 on Dec 18, 2012 4:06 PM PST reply actions

Would love to get one of Earl Thomas taunting Spiller (2nd Quarter, iirc)
Superb camera work.

- "It's magic, it's tragic, it's a loss, it's a win"

- "Eric Gelinas for Calder !"
by Elektrostal_Kid on Dec 18, 2012 6:22 PM PST up reply actions

*paging nate dogg!

by Danny Kelly on Dec 18, 2012 7:07 PM PST up reply actions 1 recs

Ok, boss.
by Nate Dogg on Dec 18, 2012 8:42 PM PST up reply actions 3 recs

I'll keep an eye out for it when I do the retrospective.
by Nate Dogg on Dec 18, 2012 9:40 PM PST up reply actions

Remember what quarter?
by Nate Dogg on Dec 18, 2012 8:43 PM PST up reply actions

No but I commented on it at 3:34pm pacific.
You're not wrong.
by jhmg16 on Dec 18, 2012 8:58 PM PST up reply actions

In the gamethread
You're not wrong.
by jhmg16 on Dec 18, 2012 8:59 PM PST up reply actions

Like so?
by Nate Dogg on Dec 18, 2012 9:35 PM PST up reply actions 19 recs

You are amazing.
Thanks.

You're not wrong.
by jhmg16 on Dec 18, 2012 9:37 PM PST up reply actions

Just filthy
by Zack on Dec 18, 2012 9:48 PM PST up reply actions

I can't stop staring at this. You're not wrong.
by jhmg16 on Dec 18, 2012 9:48 PM PST up reply actions 6 recs
Me either.
I’m not sure if it’s unconscious or what, but the guy has a degree of body control that blows me away. He’s not fast, he’s not particularly strong, but he puts down about two wiggles and most defensive players seem to go “um, uh, what, dur…” and that’s that.
by djafrot on Dec 18, 2012 11:32 PM PST up reply actions

Last edited:
I don't know what other Niner fans think; I don't frequent message boards or anything like that, and I've never been to California (or anywhere on the West Coast) in my life. :tongue:

Me, I'm.....satisfied with Kaepernick so far. He is clearly not as experienced as Smith, he has some more risk involved, but I think his upside is certainly higher. Bigger arm, more mobile, and for whatever reason, the Niners seem to be more willing to let him take chances down the field.

It may or may not work out, but I do understand the decision to keep him as the starter. Especially after the terrible 3 int dud Smith put up earlier in the year when he looked like his old self.

Still, I worry that Kaep's inexperience will bite us in the ass come playoff time. :confused:

I don't know what other Niner fans think; I don't frequent message boards or anything like that, and I've never been to California (or anywhere on the West Coast) in my life. :tongue:

Me, I'm.....satisfied with Kaepernick so far. He is clearly not as experienced as Smith, he has some more risk involved, but I think his upside is certainly higher. Bigger arm, more mobile, and for whatever reason, the Niners seem to be more willing to let him take chances down the field.

It may or may not work out, but I do understand the decision to keep him as the starter. Especially after the terrible 3 int dud Smith put up earlier in the year when he looked like his old self.

Still, I worry that Kaep's inexperience will bite us in the ass come playoff time. :confused:

I thiink SF losing in Seattle will be a blessing for the 9ers and Kaepernick. The intensity and the noise will be a preview of what Playoff games are like for your new QB.

Wilson is the top rated QB in the entire NFL in the last 6 games. That is why I'm sure we will win at home.

As good as he is, Kaepernick, he has never been in a stadium louder than standing next to a jumbo jet engine as tested db levels. Your Kaepernick will not be able to hear himself think and the read option or the "pistol" which requires verbal signals barked by the QB. They will have to switch to hand signals as many teams have done but it will be new for your new QB. I've heard from players that they can't even hear the plays called in the huddle. WE also beat the Pats this year and we had a much easier time of it than the 9ers did. Oh...that's right ...they played us here in Seattle...where we are undefeated this year.

I thiink SF losing in Seattle will be a blessing for the 9ers and Kaepernick. The intensity and the noise will be a preview of what Playoff games are like for your new QB.

Wilson is the top rated QB in the entire NFL in the last 6 games. That is why I'm sure we will win at home.

As good as he is, Kaepernick, he has never been in a stadium louder than standing next to a jumbo jet engine as tested db levels. Your Kaepernick will not be able to hear himself think and the read option or the "pistol" which requires verbal signals barked by the QB. They will have to switch to hand signals as many teams have done but it will be new for your new QB. I've heard from players that they can't even hear the plays called in the huddle. WE also beat the Pats this year and we had a much easier time of it than the 9ers did. Oh...that's right ...they played us here in Seattle...where we are undefeated this year.

It's definitely one of the toughest stadiums to play in in the NFL. Luckily, even with a loss on Sunday, the Niners can still win the division by beating Arizona and assure that they won't have to go back. :lol:

It's definitely one of the toughest stadiums to play in in the NFL. Luckily, even with a loss on Sunday, the Niners can still win the division by beating Arizona and assure that they won't have to go back. :lol:

I like that we will probably win against your team Sunday night because it will ensure a 1or 2 wild card and send us to WA DC or the Giants for our first playoff game....and NOT Green Bay or ....Chicago if they squeek in. I relish a game in DC pitting RG3 or Cummins...Cousins..or whatever his name is..against Wilson.

Go Wilson!!!... $wilson.jpg

I think Wilson will be overlooked. No one pays attention to Seattle. See Steve largent.

I think Wilson will be overlooked. No one pays attention to Seattle. See Steve largent.

It's just on my wish list... Imagine if he doesn't get it and Luck or RG3 do and somehow he crushes Redskin spirit with a massive blow out in playoffs and in some bizzar world meets Lucky Luck in SB and wins 50-0 in front of the world..

Just a thought... :lol:

Luck is overdoing Cam's records.
No matter who wins, they are three of the best rookie QB's in a long time.

Forum List

Back