NFL Returns This Week

If CJ had the speed of Bryce Young he would be better. He got caught from behind by a hog, When running sideways. He was running a lot today. He’s faster than many statue QB, but i don’t know if its going to be enough?

Leading up to the draft they said Stroud had no scrambling skills.
Turns out they were very wrong. And it being his first NFL game and the Texans having two O line men out I'd say he did pretty good.
His accuracy is as advertised thats for sure. And with having a rookie head Coach and Coordinators as well as a lot of rookies in general I'm not disappointed overall.
I didnt expect to beat the Ravens for obvious reasons but again after one game we're better than we've been for the last three years.
I figure the high will be 8 wins with 6 being more likely.
At least we have some decent players that'll make it more interesting.

Baker seems to be NO good as a pocket QB. But that what they keep coaching him into? I guess he lost all speed and creativity? Going to need a great O-line.
I saw Manning play this way his last season when he won a Super Bowl. Didn’t make any big long Great passes. Handed the ball off mostly. Managed the clock. Relied on the defense.

But when it’s the two minute drill end of the game, some qbs can turn it on and give you 3, 7 or 8 just like that.

toitally agree, the announcer is adding a frenetic and excited call on every single play, it's too much, how can they not see that? It's like every play is for a game winning score. But I find myself there during the numerous commercial breaks. I also should add I switched to Hulu from a local provider and already am loving it.

Now if the Bears can just do something.

sometimes I MUTE it. As long as you can recognize the teams. You’ll get used to it. I sometimes take a pain pill and just ZONE out. Its still way better than three hous of commercials.

Boy was I rooting for Baker today.

1. he was playing Minnesota. Vikings are in my division.
2. Love to see the guy who got traded do good. Cleveland got rid of him so love to see baker prove them wrong.
3. My dad said no way Tampa would beat Minnesota in Minnesota. How would he know? It’s week one. He’s basing his opinion on what happened last year.
Minnesota can lose to ANYONE at home, that's why the line was MN -6.5 and so many people jumped on that line that it was down to -4 at gametime.

Un-impressive QBs week1: Garafolo killing Raiders chances, Cousins, Mayfield, Stafford, Carr (large head, looks like a serial killer?), Hill, Fields, Tannyhill, PITT name? Burrow slow and injured? Maybe more?

the rest look hopeful. Some look great. Real dogfight MIA @ SD on now.

Un-impressive QBs week1: Garafolo killing Raiders chances, Cousins, Mayfield, Stafford, Carr (large head, looks like a serial killer?), Hill, Fields, Tannyhill, PITT name? Burrow slow and injured? Maybe more?

the rest look hopeful. Some look great. Real dogfight MIA @ SD on now.
Garafolo was good enough though today for the Oakland raiders to upset the San Diego chargers though.

Minnesota can lose to ANYONE at home, that's why the line was MN -6.5 and so many people jumped on that line that it was down to -4 at gametime.
I can tell when a team is horse shit. Bills? Horse shit you’ll see. So far no one seems unbeatable. Philly looked pretty good but not scary good. Packers Looking good.

Garafolo was good enough though today for the Oakland raiders to upset the San Diego chargers though.

he fumbled a snap near the goal line. Took a sack. Threw with no touch and got picked off and it was a three point game at the time.
chargers got 34 points…..right now but still might lose.

lol! MIA just missed an extra point, now lead only 36-34.

Last edited:
I can tell when a team is horse shit. Bills? Horse shit you’ll see. So far no one seems unbeatable. Philly looked pretty good but not scary good. Packers Looking good.
NE just forced a fumble. Driving now, down only 5. Oops messed up on 4th & 17. PHI ball. 2:20 left.

Leading up to the draft they said Stroud had no scrambling skills.
Turns out they were very wrong. And it being his first NFL game and the Texans having two O line men out I'd say he did pretty good.
His accuracy is as advertised thats for sure. And with having a rookie head Coach and Coordinators as well as a lot of rookies in general I'm not disappointed overall.
I didnt expect to beat the Ravens for obvious reasons but again after one game we're better than we've been for the last three years.
I figure the high will be 8 wins with 6 being more likely.
At least we have some decent players that'll make it more interesting.

Oh...make that three O line starters out.

The AFC East has to be the best division in the NFL right now

he fumbled a snap near the goal line. Took a sack. Threw with no touch and got picked off and it was a three point game at the time.

I was about to say still they beat the chargers today so can’t take that away from them but I was wrong I see it was the broncos they beat so that’s hardly anything to write home about beating the broncos,Wilson is washed up,broncos management is in denial mode.had thst been the chargers they beat today Then the raiders would have a lot to look forward to this year but the broncos is nothing to write home about.

Last edited:
NE just forced a fumble. Driving now, down only 5. Oops messed up on 4th & 17. PHI ball. 2:20 left.
This was an even bigger shocker than the chiefs game.nobody expected the cheatriots to hang in there with the eagles.the eagles have the football gods to thank for this one,the pats beat themselves, the eagles did not win this game,they played very poorly,funny that both Super Bowl teams played very poorly in their openers and looked nothing like the teams from last year.

The pats can build on this I’m afraid,now that they got an offensive coordinator running the offense instead of a defensive coach,they look like they have an identity on offense this year,to almost beat the eagles,I think they will be a playoff team again.

Burrows had a career passing low in todays game so he is obviously playing in pain and it is affecting his game.

Forum List

Back