NFL putting anthem policy on hold during talks with players association

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Oh my, if they turn this back the league is going to get HAMMERED.

NFL players aren't the brightest bulb in the pack.

The National Football League and its players association announced Thursday that the league would hold off on enforcing its new national anthem policy while the two sides attempt to resolve the issue.

In a joint statement, the NFL and NFLPA said they "have been working on a resolution to the anthem issue.

"In order to allow this constructive dialogue to continue, we have come to a standstill agreement on the NFLPA’s grievance and on the NFL’s anthem policy," the statement continued. "No new rules relating to the anthem will be issued or enforced for the next several weeks while these confidential discussions are ongoing."

The National Football League and its players association announced Thursday that the league would hold off on enforcing its new national anthem policy while the two sides attempt to resolve the issue.

In a joint statement, the NFL and NFLPA said they "have been working on a resolution to the anthem issue.

"In order to allow this constructive dialogue to continue, we have come to a standstill agreement on the NFLPA’s grievance and on the NFL’s anthem policy," the statement continued. "No new rules relating to the anthem will be issued or enforced for the next several weeks while these confidential discussions are ongoing."
Maybe they could change it from a fine to a 5 yard penalty and a loss of down.

Maybe they should tell Trump to F. O. and allow NFL players to express themselves as they see fit.

As all honest people will admit, the protest was about the rash of murders of black men by police. It has zero to do with our flag, our military or the national anthem, per se.

It questions one phrase in the national anthem, that being, "the land of the free", and the protest brings to the attention of our nation, that some Americans are less free than others.

I have no issue with the players protesting and I have no issue to the protests to the players protests.the NFL can do what they want, the people that choose to support the players and the league are free to make their decisions.

No harm, no foul.

Crazy they just cant accept the first one they came up with to just have the players who did not want to stand just be in the locker room at that time.:rolleyes: seems like a reasonable policy for players who dont want to salute the flag.:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back