NFL Legendary Linebacker Dick Butkus Dead at 80

He was a little before my time, but his legend was still strong.

He played hard and was tough.

He continued even after his knees told him to retire.

Sad news.

R.I.P.

They don't make them like you anymore.

No other way to describe him except for LEGENDARY.

The hits that he put on opposing players were devastating.

One of the all time greats.

RIP

Met him at a TV show several years ago and we asked who the toughest guy he ever had to tackle was and he said Jim Brown.
Considering Butkus’ rookie year was Brown’s last year, that speaks to how all of the other backs in all of Butkus’ playing days never measured up to Brown.
RIP

Met him at a TV show several years ago and we asked who the toughest guy he ever had to tackle was and he said Jim Brown.
Considering Butkus’ rookie year was Brown’s last year, that speaks to how all of the other backs in all of Butkus’ playing days never measured up to Brown.
RIP
I knew a guy who played in the 70s and I asked him who was the hardest hitting RB in the NFL when he was playing....and he said that Larry Czonka was big and strong, but OJ Simpson was the hardest hitter.

I knew a guy who played in the 70s and I asked him who was the hardest hitting RB in the NFL when he was playing....and he said that Larry Czonka was big and strong, but OJ Simpson was the hardest hitter.
I believe that. 6’2” and 210 lbs and he ran a 9.4 100 yd dash! He was the alternate for the gold medal-winning USA Olympic 4x100 team. Think about contacting that force.

Forum List

Back